Author Topic: Trump waives dozens of environmental rules to speed up construction of border wall  (Read 876 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump waives dozens of environmental rules to speed up construction of border wall
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 01/22/18 07:58 PM EST

The Trump administration is waiving dozens of environmental regulations to speed up construction of President Trump’s proposed wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Homeland Security Secretary Kirsten Nielsen said in a notice published in the Federal Register Monday that she was waiving the rules to accelerate construction on part of the wall in New Mexico.

The waiver excludes rules from major laws including the National Environment Policy Act, the Endangered Species Act, the Clean Water Act, the National Historic Preservation Act and the Antiquities Act, among others.

more
http://thehill.com/latino/370202-trump-admin-waives-dozens-of-environmental-rules-to-speed-up-construction-of-border
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Gidde Yup!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

I have just one question; FUNDING?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

It was supposed to be Mexico, but he's waived that, too.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:23:50 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Gidde Yup!

Those rules should be waived even without a wall.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Build a house.

Do you buy the building materials and have them all dropped off on the site before you've had the property itself surveyed?

Takes time. Takes planning.

Relax and enjoy the show.

:2popcorn:
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Hoodat

It would be awesome if Trump gave a shovel ceremony at the border to mark the start of construction on Feb 2 - VM Day.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

BassWrangler

The left is telegraphing their strategy if the wall ever does get funded; they will file a lawsuit with some liberal judge who will issue an injunction halting construction of the wall. Theh just need to run out the clock to 2021.

Offline RoosGirl

I have a real chip on my shoulder regarding many of the environmental laws.  Why should the government be allowed to disregard the laws they make up and push on us that we must follow for fear of heavy fines and/or jail?  Either get rid of them for all of us, or follow them like we have to.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Trump waives dozens of environmental rules to speed up construction of border wall"

Fine with me.
Waive them all..!

Get that construction underway!
Build it!

Offline Suppressed

I have a real chip on my shoulder regarding many of the environmental laws.  Why should the government be allowed to disregard the laws they make up and push on us that we must follow for fear of heavy fines and/or jail?  Either get rid of them for all of us, or follow them like we have to.

:thumbsup:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bilo

The left is telegraphing their strategy if the wall ever does get funded; they will file a lawsuit with some liberal judge who will issue an injunction halting construction of the wall. Theh just need to run out the clock to 2021.

I'm thinking the same thing. It's going to end up in the SCOTUS and that will take time.

The question to ask is why haven't the Pubs ended the filibuster? Is it that the liberal Pubs won't vote to do so?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

I'm thinking the same thing. It's going to end up in the SCOTUS and that will take time.

The question to ask is why haven't the Pubs ended the filibuster? Is it that the liberal Pubs won't vote to do so?

Except the Secure Fence Act of 2006 was voted on and approved by both Houses of Congress and signed by 'W', so not so sure about an injunction.  Funding has always been the issue ... still waiting ...
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.