Author Topic: LINE IN THE SAND: James Woods Issues Stern Warning To Trump  (Read 2520 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LINE IN THE SAND: James Woods Issues Stern Warning To Trump
« on: January 10, 2018, 04:25:40 pm »

LINE IN THE SAND: James Woods Issues Stern Warning To Trump
"That’s it. If Trump rolls over on DACA, he loses my vote. That is a promise."

ByRyan Saavedra
January 10, 2018

Conservative Hollywood actor James Woods fired a shot at President Donald Trump and the Republican Party on Tuesday, warning the president that all bets are off if he gives in on immigration.

Woods' remarks come as the debate over how to fix the immigration system continues to heat up. On Tuesday, Trump let the media watch an hour-long meeting he had with congressional leaders on DACA, border security, chain migration, and the visa lottery system.

Woods wasted no time warning the president and Republicans.

"If you fold on immigration, you are a one term president. @POTUS," Woods tweeted.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25607/line-sand-james-woods-issues-stern-warning-trump-ryan-saavedra?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: LINE IN THE SAND: James Woods Issues Stern Warning To Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:29:47 pm »
Well, Woods is right.  But already I see Trump supporters offering excuses  such as "this is the best deal we can get." 

Trump and the Republicans sell out, but there will still be some who will excuse their behavior.  And my guess is there will be plenty of them who will still vote Republican in 2018 and 2020.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 04:51:31 pm »
People should remember that what got Trump his head of steam was the immigration issue. He wasn't the only voice, but he was the loudest. In fact, I'll wager many of his backers ignored his stances on other issues because of this issue. They thought Trump was the only person they could trust to follow through.
If he betrays them, he'll be a one term president. But I think he knows this. Or he should know it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:52:21 pm »
I watched that little fiasco yesterday.  Pelosi Feinstein was in charge and openly contemptuous of the Republicans and Trump.  That says it all.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:53:00 pm by Sanguine »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 05:04:10 pm »
I watched that little fiasco yesterday.  Pelosi Feinstein was in charge and openly contemptuous of the Republicans and Trump.  That says it all.

The even if I don’t love it, I’ll sign it part was the most alarming.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 05:06:16 pm »
Folks need to gain perspective.   DACA affects only about 800,000 illegals,  arguably the most "innocent" of the illegals.   It is a symbolic issue for the Dems,  and we should be careful about making it a symbolic (line in the sand) issue for conservatives and the GOP.  If we do, we'll be burned.   

The bigger issues have little to do with the "dreamers" and have to do with the enforcement of existing laws, the improvement of border security and the rules surrounding immigration and the employment of non-citizens,  and the fate of the estimated 11 million illegals many of whom have been here for years.   It far more complex and complicated than the fate of the dreamers.

Trump says he would be happy to "take the heat" for a comprehensive solution,  and I'm glad to hear him say that.  Keep in mind that most traditional Republicans, including myself,  do not have extreme positions against immigration and recognize that rational, legal immigration is essential for sustained economic growth.     
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:06:39 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 05:08:08 pm »
Conservatives cling to the mantra that they are clear-thinking, rational and right.  Yet, they prove over and over again they are snowflakes better defined by their kneejerk surrender to hyperbole and fear--- ruled by spines of linguini and consumed by the vapors. 

The opening salvo of negotiations sends conservatives into fits of incoherence --- yet again.  What an embarrassment.  **nononono*

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 05:11:22 pm »
Conservatives cling to the mantra that they are clear-thinking, rational and right.  Yet, they prove over and over again they are snowflakes better defined by their kneejerk surrender to hyperbole and fear--- ruled by spines of linguini and consumed by the vapors. 

The opening salvo of negotiations sends conservatives into fits of incoherence --- yet again.  What an embarrassment.  **nononono*

So, you're not a conservative?  @Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:17:16 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 05:11:50 pm »

Opening salvo? What took so damn long?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 05:12:30 pm »

There's nothing dysfunctional about expressing concern over what was said yesterday, as controlling illegal immigration was unarguably the issue that propelled Trump to the presidency.

Of course all we can do is hope you are correct, and that Trump will end up holding the line.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 05:13:12 pm »
So, you're not a conservative?

“Conservatives” are a minuscule minority in the Land of Trump.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 05:14:13 pm »
“Conservatives” are a minuscule minority in the Land of Trump.

Apparently. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 05:14:45 pm »
Folks need to gain perspective.   DACA affects only about 800,000 illegals,  arguably the most "innocent" of the illegals.   It is a symbolic issue for the Dems,  and we should be careful about making it a symbolic (line in the sand) issue for conservatives and the GOP.  If we do, we'll be burned.   

They can get in line and apply for citizenship just like everybody else.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 05:14:58 pm »
There's nothing dysfunctional about expressing concern over what was said yesterday, as controlling illegal immigration was unarguably the issue that propelled Trump to the presidency.

Of course all we can do is hope you are correct, and that Trump will end up holding the line.

Hope? I know I heard that word in the past, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 05:15:47 pm »

The fact that they haven’t says it all.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 05:16:09 pm »
The opening salvo of negotiations sends conservatives into fits of incoherence --- yet again.  What an embarrassment.

You guys handle it.  I trust you.  I’ll sign it.

Some negotiations.

You’re right about it being embarrassing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 05:19:03 pm »
Hope? I know I heard that word in the past, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Yeah I know. Even so I'm sure as hell not gonna start trusting politicians now.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 05:22:02 pm »
So, you're not a conservative?  @Right_in_Virginia

Certainly not one of the linguini spined, incoherent crowd @Sanguine  ---- and proudly so.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 05:22:55 pm »

Agreed, RIV.   The Dems look upon the Dreamer issue as a tar baby for conservatives.  Let's not fall into their trap.     

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2018, 05:24:04 pm »
Certainly not one of the linguini spined, incoherent crowd @Sanguine  ---- and proudly so.

I didn't ask you if you were coherent or not, I asked if you are a conservative.  Obviously, the answer is "no".

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 05:24:33 pm »

An annoying fallacy, this talking point.

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2018, 05:25:19 pm »

You guys handle it.  I trust you.  I’ll sign it.

Some negotiations.

You’re right about it being embarrassing.

What's embarrassing is no one making these comments has listened to the videos from yesterday ... and I posted a short one several times addressing this issue.

What's embarrassing is no one making these comments seems to even care they are wrong. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2018, 05:26:24 pm »
What's embarrassing is no one making these comments has listened to the videos from yesterday ... and I posted a short one several times addressing this issue.

What's embarrassing is no one making these comments seems to even care they are wrong.

Actually, as I pointed out earlier, I did see it.  Just curious - did you?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2018, 05:27:19 pm »

Why would you be embarrassed by what conservatives say?

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2018, 05:28:30 pm »
I didn't ask you if you were coherent or not, I asked if you are a conservative.  Obviously, the answer is "no".

Read my post again:  "Certainly not one of the linguini spined, incoherent crowd @Sanguine  ---- and proudly so."  and give yourself some time to understand why yours is too clever by half before you attempt another smack down.