Author Topic: Issa retiring from Congress: report  (Read 528 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Issa retiring from Congress: report
« on: January 10, 2018, 04:08:51 pm »
Issa retiring from Congress: report
By Cristina Marcos - 01/10/18 11:01 AM EST

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) will not seek reelection this year, according to a local report on Wednesday, increasing Democrats’ chances of flipping his swing district in their favor.

Issa barely won reelection in 2016 by just over half a percentage point in a San Diego-area district that went for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton by about 7 points.

The OC Daily reported Wednesday that Issa will not be seeking reelection. Issa's office did not immediately confirm the report.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/368287-issa-retiring-from-congress-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Issa retiring from Congress: report
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:16:24 pm »
This is terrible news. Now the GOP will be short a guy who runs his mouth and gets nothing done.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 04:42:00 pm »
There goes another California congressional seat.  Ed Royce is retiring also.  The GOP is going extinct out there.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:43:05 pm »
This is terrible news. Now the GOP will be short a guy who runs his mouth and gets nothing done.

Trey Gowdy is thinking of changing his residence.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 05:01:08 pm »
Trey Gowdy is thinking of changing his residence.

I’d recommend against that, unless he starts getting his haircuts from licensed barbers.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 05:21:57 pm »

My sentiments exactly.  Issa always stops just short of doing what needs to be done.  This is fishy, fishy, FISHY.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 05:32:42 pm »

Buh Bye
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 06:29:17 pm »
Unfortunately, thing aren't looking favorable for retaining our majority in either House, which would spell trouble for Trump bigly.

..."Already, at least 29 House Republicans have announced they are retiring, running for another office or resigning outright. They're leaving from all over the map, from southern New Jersey to southern New Mexico.
Democrats need to pick up 24 House seats to retake the majority from Republicans, who've had control of the House since 2011.
Republican leadership has acknowledged it has a problem".......

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/politics/house-retirement-tracker/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.