Author Topic: Trump book author says his revelations will bring down U.S. president  (Read 3567 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: Trump book author says his revelations will bring down U.S. president
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2018, 07:03:07 am »
If anyone on the right didn't vote for him it was because they already knew who Donald Trump was and found him undesirable and unfit as POTUS. Since taking office he has done nothing but reinforce what they already knew about him. Those who may have put their hopes in Trump may or may not have had their eyes opened. If they have Trump doesn't have a prayer being elected for a second term.

I didn't vote for him because I didn't believe he'd suddenly, very late in life, abandoned a lifetime of liberal positions, and because I suspected he would do his darndest to further advance the power of the executive branch.  So far, I have been very pleasantly surprised. 

The guy is not the Second Coming of Christ, or even of Reagan, but he did put in a pretty decent rookie season.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2018, 02:57:30 pm »
I didn't vote for him because I didn't believe he'd suddenly, very late in life, abandoned a lifetime of liberal positions, and because I suspected he would do his darndest to further advance the power of the executive branch.  So far, I have been very pleasantly surprised. 

The guy is not the Second Coming of Christ, or even of Reagan, but he did put in a pretty decent rookie season.

:amen:  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2018, 03:00:09 pm »

Good post Bob.  Keep telling the truth like this and you'll need a new avatar.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2018, 03:27:21 pm »
I doubt that the book is going to be what brings Trump down either. However, how do we know that any book written about anyone is true? People like in their own biographies. However the author is correct about the "Emperor having no clothes". But then again, most of us knew that already. And so should have those working closely with Trump. The GOP knew it. A lot of the people who voted for him knew it. The bottom line is that people prop up this naked emperor because he is playing for their team. It's all about ideology. Pence was who Trump had to take along for the ride if he wanted to be President. There are adults in charge trying to manage Trump. I think many of them finally figured out that it is hard to manage an unstable person. It hasn't been as easy as they thought especially when  you give the last person in the world who should have it so much power.

Trump is helping to bring himself down but truly the only ones who can put an end to this madness is Congress and they aren't going to do it. Trump is not fit for office. We have Constitutional ways to handle this but it won't be done because those in power do not have the moral integrity to do it.

Who gives a damn if some of the stories are true? We all should. This is the POTUS we are talking about. I don't need some author to tell me that this President is unfit. Anyone who isn't pretending to be blind can see it. They just can't bring themselves to admit it because, well, he's playing for their team and they want to win!

What are they winning? I don't know but it must be darn important to throw all common sense and morality out the window and put an immoral mentally ill man in charge.

Wolff is making the same mistake Trump makes. He is thinking way too much of  himself and giving himself too much importance. The majority of American voters already rejected Trump at the voting booth in 2016. He did not win the popular vote. If anyone on the right didn't vote for him it was because they already knew who Donald Trump was and found him undesirable and unfit as POTUS. Since taking office he has done nothing but reinforce what they already knew about him. Those who may have put their hopes in Trump may or may not have had their eyes opened. If they have Trump doesn't have a prayer being elected for a second term.
I didn't read the book, and I don't plan to read it.  Even the author admits much of it might not be true. Well then, which parts are true?
But even if Trump likes to eat cheeseburgers in bed, and watch a lot of tv,  so what? Are those impeachable offenses?
If they can prove he connived with a foreign gov, took cash payoffs, etc. well then that's impeachable.
Do I care that Trump acts like a boorish cretin much of the time? Yes I do. That's one reason I don't much like him even though I voted for him.
But because I don't like many of his personal actions, it doesn't mean I can have him impeached.
If he'd just stop the stupid tweeting and keep his mouth shut avoiding feuds with private citizens, I'd be a lot happier.
Trump's fans think he's improving the Republican brand, but I doubt it.
We have to be concerned not only with what's happening now but what will happen in the future. We've never had a president who's acted like such a juvenile jackass publicly. I can't think of even any Dem presidents, including Obama, who've acted less presidential.
We'll see what happens in the mid-terms. That might be a good indicator of what will happen in 2020.
Fortunately, right now the Dems can't get their act together and offer another viable candidate. Let's face it...as lousy a candidate as she was, if Hillary hadn't been so arrogant and avoided campaigning in many states, she'd be the president right now.
We might not be so lucky next time.
But until he actually does something impeachable, I'm not going to advocate for Trump's impeachment.