Author Topic: Trump book author says his revelations will bring down U.S. president  (Read 3571 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

January 6, 2018 / 3:04 AM / Updated 38 minutes ago
Trump book author says his revelations will bring down U.S. president
William Schomberg

LONDON (Reuters) - The author of a book that is highly critical of Donald Trump’s first year as U.S. president said his revelations were likely to bring an end to Trump’s time in the White House.

Michael Wolff told BBC radio that his conclusion in “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House”-- that Trump is not fit to do the job -- was becoming a widespread view.

“I think one of the interesting effects of the book so far is a very clear emperor-has-no-clothes effect,” Wolff said in an interview broadcast on Saturday.

“The story that I have told seems to present this presidency in such a way that it says he can’t do his job,” Wolff said.

more
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-book-author/trump-book-author-says-his-revelations-will-bring-down-u-s-president-idUSKBN1EV08E
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online goatprairie

Re: Trump book author says his revelations will bring down U.S. president
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 03:02:00 pm »
I might be going out on a limb, but I doubt this book will accomplish what the author intends. Firstly, he even admits parts of his book maybe aren't true. So what parts are true?
And who gives a good g damn even if some of the stories are true?
Secondly, has Trump done anything unconstitutional? If not, how does the idiot author think a Republican controlled congress is going to force a president, who at the moment is guilty of nothing more than having some boorish, bad manners, out of office?
In short, it won't. Wolff is dreaming....maybe with the help of some hallucinogens.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:05:34 pm by goatprairie »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 03:03:10 pm »
Doubtful.  The book will sell and he’ll make a decent amount from it.  He should invest it well, because he won’t get this kind of access to anyone in the future after this.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:04:14 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 03:04:31 pm »
Doubtful.  The book will sell and he’ll make a decent amount from it.  He should invest it well, because nobody will give him access again after this.

It might sell but I won't be wasting a dime of my money on that kind of garbage!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 03:10:54 pm »
@goatprairie

Did Wolff say parts are untrue, or that he doesn't know if they are true because the information came to him second hand and he either could not or didn't want to verify it? 

You are right.  There isn't anything that will get Trump removed from office.  I think about all the book will do is affirm what  many of us non-supporters know or suspect about Trump. 

I would be interested though in the tapes Wolff says he has. 

Online goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 03:15:12 pm »
@goatprairie

Did Wolff say parts are untrue, or that he doesn't know if they are true because the information came to him second hand and he either could not or didn't want to verify it? 

You are right.  There isn't anything that will get Trump removed from office.  I think about all the book will do is affirm what  many of us non-supporters know or suspect about Trump. 

I would be interested though in the tapes Wolff says he has.
He said (and I'm quoting from memory after watching numerous tv clips on the subject) that he's not sure all the stuff he put in the book is verifiable. So then, which parts are and which parts aren't?
Maybe now he's changed his tune and is claiming everything is absolutely true, but many people are snickering at that claim. Like the one about everybody he talked to thinks Trump is a dunce and unqualified.
Give me a break. 
But his book will sell a lot to the liberal fantasists who want to oust Trump. In which case I wouldn't cry because it would only mean Pence would be president.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:15:49 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 03:35:47 pm »
@goatprairie

Oh, I'm sure the crazies will call Wolff's book a revelation on a particular with the Bible.  They're all looking for something -- anything --  they can use to have Trump impeached.  Unfortunately for them this book ain't it. 

No, I don't think Wolff is claiming his book is 100% true, but he seems to think it will help bring Trump down.  Whatever.  I don't think it really matters to Wolff if anything happens as a result of his book.   If nothing else, it looks like Wolff will make a lot of money on his book and for now he has his 15 minutes of fame.  Those things are probably far more important to him than having Trump removed from office.

There are problems with Trump, but nothing short of a nuclear strike from NK will bring him down.  That's what bothers me about Trump.   I don't like him because he is obnoxious, but he is the president and I can live with that.  But I am concerned that one of these days his Twitter rants will get us all in a lot of trouble.  Many of us could get killed because Trump decided to bully the wrong person.  This is my primary issue with him and if that issue could be resolved, I would be ok.  If not, I'll take Pence as president.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 03:36:35 pm »
Clinton and Obama had these tell-all books on them and they caused them, really, hardly any harm.  So, I don't see this as being much different.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 03:44:00 pm »
Some of what is in the book, the Trump admin. hasn't even been in for a year and it would be hard to make up some of this but still:
Trump's sons 'are secretly called 'Uday and Qusay' after Saddam Hussein's monstrous offspring by workers inside the family firm'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5240289/Trumps-sons-known-Uday-Qusay-author-reveals.html

‘He is semi-literate’: Insiders believe Trump avoids reading because he is dyslexic and he surrounds himself with a team of ‘office wives’ because he believes women are more loyal than men, book claims
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5240961/Insiders-say-Trumps-dyslexia-avoids-reading.html

Jared and Ivanka think Mike Pence is dumb, suspiciously meek and being controlled by his wife - and the rest of the West Wing think he's an 'empty suit', new book claims

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5240531/Jared-Ivanka-think-Pence-controlled-wife.html

These could be true, are they overly scandalous?  I don't know and it certainly is a lot to happen in under a year and maybe well under a year, 9 months or something.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 03:49:51 pm »
News outlets have failed the gullibility test. Geez, a second rate gossip book writer is believed.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 03:55:17 pm »
Uday and Qusay; now that's funny.

I wonder if Omarosa is on any of the tapes.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 04:02:32 pm »
@goatprairie

Oh, I'm sure the crazies will call Wolff's book a revelation on a particular with the Bible.  They're all looking for something -- anything --  they can use to have Trump impeached.  Unfortunately for them this book ain't it. 

No, I don't think Wolff is claiming his book is 100% true, but he seems to think it will help bring Trump down.  Whatever.  I don't think it really matters to Wolff if anything happens as a result of his book.   If nothing else, it looks like Wolff will make a lot of money on his book and for now he has his 15 minutes of fame.  Those things are probably far more important to him than having Trump removed from office.

There are problems with Trump, but nothing short of a nuclear strike from NK will bring him down.  That's what bothers me about Trump.   I don't like him because he is obnoxious, but he is the president and I can live with that.  But I am concerned that one of these days his Twitter rants will get us all in a lot of trouble.  Many of us could get killed because Trump decided to bully the wrong person.  This is my primary issue with him and if that issue could be resolved, I would be ok.  If not, I'll take Pence as president.
"If nothing else, it looks like Wolff will make a lot of money on his book and for now he has his 15 minutes of fame"
 :thumbsup:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 04:17:25 pm »
Doubtful.  The book will sell and he’ll make a decent amount from it.  He should invest it well, because he won’t get this kind of access to anyone in the future after this.

I understand he pulled this same crap on Rupert Murdoch, yet Trump's White House still gave him access anyway, apparently thinking he would be better.  There will be another book deal from some other public figure who believes his/her own good press.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 04:22:22 pm »
Trump is Ferris Bueller as President.....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 04:27:38 pm »
I might be going out on a limb, but I doubt this book will accomplish what the author intends. Firstly, he even admits parts of his book maybe aren't true. So what parts are true?

It won't matter.  Just look back a month or so, during the Roy Moore thing.  Gloria Allred's client showed off a yearbook with an autograph allegedly from Moore.  Proof positive the perv dunnit. Later, she confessed part of it was forged.  We were then supposed to trust her when she said which parts were forged, and which parts were genuine.  Despite this, she was believed and the accusations still stuck.

Even if the vast majority of the book is proven bullcrap, the entire book will be held up as the gospel truth about this White House, by the same incurious press that hid so many of Clinton's and Obama's crimes they get away with declaring themselves "scandal-free."

But in the final analysis, there will have been no movement of the football down the field, in either direction.  Just as with any tell-all book.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 04:31:22 pm »
Trump is Ferris Bueller as President.....

More true than you know - claims to be the Sausage King of Chicago, but is really a punk kid shamming through life.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 04:34:50 pm »
I understand he pulled this same crap on Rupert Murdoch, yet Trump's White House still gave him access anyway, apparently thinking he would be better.  There will be another book deal from some other public figure who believes his/her own good press.

@Cyber Liberty

Exactly what I was going to post.  What did Trump think would happen?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 04:36:59 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

It's conceit.  They believe their own good press.  Any politician with an oversized ego (even by their standards) will fall for it, so there's never a shortage of fools who will go for it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:37:55 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 05:20:25 pm »
It's conceit.  They believe their own good press.  Any politician with an oversized ego (even by their standards) will fall for it, so there's never a shortage of fools who will go for it.

No it's chaos.   They lacked the discipline and organization to filter out people like this.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 05:30:14 pm »
No it's chaos.   They lacked the discipline and organization to filter out people like this.

You say toe-MAY-toe, I say toe-MAH-toe.  Same ting.  Oversized ego leads to a certain sloppiness and conceit, and politicians tend to be full of it, whatever you define "it" to mean.  Chaos follows as naturally as night follows day.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:31:09 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 06:05:43 pm »
I understand he pulled this same crap on Rupert Murdoch, yet Trump's White House still gave him access anyway, ...

Bannon gave the "author" access  --- hence the President's disgust and anger at the moron known as Steve Bannon.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 06:47:48 pm »
Bannon gave the "author" access  --- hence the President's disgust and anger at the moron known as Steve Bannon.

I can agree with that.  At the time, Bannon was "The White House" as far as the mediots were concerned.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 07:13:21 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@CatherineofAragon

I, like you, am reading it on my Kindle.  The only fair way to evaluate the book is to read it.  He explains at the beginning when and where he got access and with whom, and explains the responses from these sources.  TV reports on the book are not reliable as they are looking for bomb shells.   
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:28:00 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline edpc

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 07:21:42 pm »
I, like you, are reading it on my Kindle.

You am?    :police:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 07:23:04 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I, like you, are reading it on my Kindle.  The only fair way to evaluate the book is to read it.  He explains at the beginning when and where he got access and with whom, and explains the responses from these sources.  TV reports on the book are not reliable as they are looking for bomb shells.

I'll wait for what all y'all have to say about it, because there's no way I spring for this book and boost its numbers, even for Kindle.  I don't do "tell-alls.
I will NOT comply.