Author Topic: Trump book author says his revelations will bring down U.S. president  (Read 3579 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump book author says his revelations will bring down U.S. president
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 07:24:14 pm »
Clinton and Obama had these tell-all books on them and they caused them, really, hardly any harm.  So, I don't see this as being much different.

Good point. Common sense based on results. A rarity here, btw.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 07:29:31 pm »
Good point. Common sense based on results. A rarity here, btw.

We dumbuns thank you for gracing us with your presence and injecting some common sense into this moronic forum.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 07:30:57 pm »
"It's a disgrace that he can do something like this," Trump said of the book, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," by New York media writer Michael Wolff. "Libel laws are very weak in this country. If they were stronger, hopefully, you would not have something like that happen."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2018/01/06/trump-boasts-that-hes-like-really-smart-and-a-very-stable-genius-amid-questions-over-his-mental-fitness/?utm_term=.0f023f9d67bc

He's only giving the guy more free publicly.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 07:31:39 pm »
We dumbuns thank you for gracing us with your presence and injecting some common sense into this moronic forum.

Shh!  Don't dis your betters. :smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2018, 07:35:06 pm »

It's also genius how it echoes the sidebar text under the avatar.  Really puts the 'dic' in 'dictum.'

Silver Pines

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2018, 09:58:44 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I, like you, am reading it on my Kindle.  The only fair way to evaluate the book is to read it.  He explains at the beginning when and where he got access and with whom, and explains the responses from these sources.  TV reports on the book are not reliable as they are looking for bomb shells.

@Victoria33

Trump is blaming it all on Bannon, and so his supporters are, as well.  But I don't think that can really be done.  Wolff says he had a regular seat on sofa in the West Wing; reporters told Sarah-Huckabee Sanders that they saw him there.  We're supposed to believe Trump didn't?

Silver Pines

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2018, 10:01:07 pm »
I'll wait for what all y'all have to say about it, because there's no way I spring for this book and boost its numbers, even for Kindle.  I don't do "tell-alls.

@Cyber Liberty

I couldn't care less about its numbers, to be honest.  Tell-alls, as you put it, aren't my thing, but Trump's getting what he deserves here.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2018, 10:19:03 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I couldn't care less about its numbers, to be honest.  Tell-alls, as you put it, aren't my thing, but Trump's getting what he deserves here.

Lets be honest. You won't be happy till you can shove a red hot poker up Trumps ascot and give it a 3/4 twist as you pull it out.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:24:01 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2018, 10:22:03 pm »
I haven't seen this posted on TBR, so forgive me if it's a repeat.

Someone on twitter, who was going by the name "pixelated boat" wrote a parody as if it was from the book and tweeted it:

Lefties on twitter saw it and believed it, and were going nuts!  The guy changed his name to "the gorilla channel thing is a joke" to try and set the record straight.  Last night netflix tweeted a request for people to stop calling their customer service line to ask if they had the gorilla channel.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2018, 10:23:02 pm »

I knowvs whatcha saing. Realz dummy herre atz TBR.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2018, 10:24:32 pm »
I haven't seen this posted on TBR, so forgive me if it's a repeat.

Someone on twitter, who was going by the name "pixelated boat" wrote a parody as if it was from the book and tweeted it:

Lefties on twitter saw it and believed it, and were going nuts!  The guy changed his name to "the gorilla channel thing is a joke" to try and set the record straight.  Last night netflix tweeted a request for people to stop calling their customer service line to ask if they had the gorilla channel.

:thumbsup:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2018, 10:25:39 pm »
I knowvs whatcha saing. Realz dummy herre atz TBR.

That one has been insulting the good Members of TBR for so long, I didn't even notice the slight until @RoosGirl pointed it out.  I must be the rube's rube.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2018, 10:28:39 pm »
That one has been insulting the good Members of TBR for so long, I didn't even notice the slight until @RoosGirl pointed it out.  I must be the rube's rube.

I can only think of one reason that someone like that keeps frequenting TBR.

Offline edpc

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2018, 10:28:47 pm »
Someone on twitter, who was going by the name "pixelated boat" wrote a parody as if it was from the book and tweeted it

He's going to be massively disappointed when the PDFs be gets about guerilla warfare aren't what he thinks.........

/s

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2018, 10:29:45 pm »
I can only think of one reason that someone like that keeps frequenting TBR.

He's trying to make us all better people like himself?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2018, 10:30:53 pm »

Yes.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2018, 11:23:11 pm »

It's a public service.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2018, 11:28:07 pm »
da goat wrote:
"I might be going out on a limb, but I doubt this book will accomplish what the author intends. Firstly, he even admits parts of his book maybe aren't true. So what parts are true?"

Exactly.
It's like a witness testifying in court, who at the conclusion of his testimony says, "some parts of what I said probably were lies".
What does that do to the rest of his testimony?

There have been numerous threads about this book posted here at the briefingroom.
This is the only one I peeked in on so far.
After this post, probably my last.

B.S. and much ado about nuthin' ...!

Silver Pines

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2018, 12:05:09 am »
Lets be honest. You won't be happy till you can shove a red hot poker up Trumps ascot and give it a 3/4 twist as you pull it out.

@Wingnut

Your head’s wedged too tightly up that particular cavity for anything else to fit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2018, 12:23:38 am »
Maybe Wolff could be a little more specific about the revelations, is he talking about the ones that are true or the ones that he's not sure of being true or not? And could he tell us, if he knows, which are which?

Not that it matters to me, there's a Get Smart marathon on that is way more interesting.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2018, 03:15:34 am »
@Wingnut
Your head’s wedged too tightly up that particular cavity for anything else to fit.
@CatherineofAragon

Some people are not worth your time.  We can do better elsewhere.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2018, 03:36:06 am »
da goat wrote:
"I might be going out on a limb, but I doubt this book will accomplish what the author intends. Firstly, he even admits parts of his book maybe aren't true. So what parts are true?"

Exactly.
It's like a witness testifying in court, who at the conclusion of his testimony says, "some parts of what I said probably were lies".
What does that do to the rest of his testimony?

There have been numerous threads about this book posted here at the briefingroom.
This is the only one I peeked in on so far.
After this post, probably my last.

B.S. and much ado about nuthin' ...!

You're a smart man, @Fishrrman.

Offline edpc

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2018, 03:41:34 am »

It’s nothing at all like that, because the author is gathering information, while the witness is providing it and admitting to possible perjury.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2018, 06:21:33 am »
I might be going out on a limb, but I doubt this book will accomplish what the author intends. Firstly, he even admits parts of his book maybe aren't true. So what parts are true?
And who gives a good g damn even if some of the stories are true?
Secondly, has Trump done anything unconstitutional? If not, how does the idiot author think a Republican controlled congress is going to force a president, who at the moment is guilty of nothing more than having some boorish, bad manners, out of office?
In short, it won't. Wolff is dreaming....maybe with the help of some hallucinogens.

I doubt that the book is going to be what brings Trump down either. However, how do we know that any book written about anyone is true? People like in their own biographies. However the author is correct about the "Emperor having no clothes". But then again, most of us knew that already. And so should have those working closely with Trump. The GOP knew it. A lot of the people who voted for him knew it. The bottom line is that people prop up this naked emperor because he is playing for their team. It's all about ideology. Pence was who Trump had to take along for the ride if he wanted to be President. There are adults in charge trying to manage Trump. I think many of them finally figured out that it is hard to manage an unstable person. It hasn't been as easy as they thought especially when  you give the last person in the world who should have it so much power.

Trump is helping to bring himself down but truly the only ones who can put an end to this madness is Congress and they aren't going to do it. Trump is not fit for office. We have Constitutional ways to handle this but it won't be done because those in power do not have the moral integrity to do it.

Who gives a damn if some of the stories are true? We all should. This is the POTUS we are talking about. I don't need some author to tell me that this President is unfit. Anyone who isn't pretending to be blind can see it. They just can't bring themselves to admit it because, well, he's playing for their team and they want to win!

What are they winning? I don't know but it must be darn important to throw all common sense and morality out the window and put an immoral mentally ill man in charge.

Wolff is making the same mistake Trump makes. He is thinking way too much of  himself and giving himself too much importance. The majority of American voters already rejected Trump at the voting booth in 2016. He did not win the popular vote. If anyone on the right didn't vote for him it was because they already knew who Donald Trump was and found him undesirable and unfit as POTUS. Since taking office he has done nothing but reinforce what they already knew about him. Those who may have put their hopes in Trump may or may not have had their eyes opened. If they have Trump doesn't have a prayer being elected for a second term.