Author Topic: Trump called Mitt Romney, encouraged him to run for Utah Senate seat: Report  (Read 3129 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump called Mitt Romney, encouraged him to run for Utah Senate seat: Report
by Ariella Phillips | Jan 5, 2018, 4:48 PM

President Trump called Mitt Romney on Thursday night and encouraged him to run for Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch's seat.

An anonymous source close to the White House confirmed the conversation to the Salt Lake Tribune, saying the call between the sitting president and the former presidential candidate was short and cordial.

“It was a good conversation,” White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley told the Tribune. “They spoke about Senator Hatch and his outstanding service.”

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-called-mitt-romney-encouraged-him-to-run-for-utah-senate-seat-report/article/2645136
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I know there's a lot of those in here who don't like Mitch and yes he didn't display enough resistance against Bammy, but he has some positives and I think Trump is right in encouraging him to run for the seat in Utah.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online roamer_1

I know there's a lot of those in here who don't like Mitch and yes he didn't display enough resistance against Bammy, but he has some positives and I think Trump is right in encouraging him to run for the seat in Utah.

Riiiight... Because if there's anything the west needs, it's east coast liberals representing them.  9999hair out0000

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

“And then he told everyone, ‘Here’s what I know. Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University. He's playing the American public for suckers: He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat.’ “
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

Neville Chamberlain had positive attributes, too.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Only the best people.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

So did uncle Joe (Stalin)

Offline RoosGirl

So Trump doesn't want him to win?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I agree.  I'd rather have Mitt in there than a lot of other people I can think of.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I agree.  I'd rather have Mitt in there than a lot of other people I can think of.

Like an actual Conservative?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I said the other day that Romney would run, get the endorsement of Hatch and Trump. After all, Romney's niece had the support of Trump to become RNC chair.

Offline Frank Cannon

Like an actual Conservative?

Hey there. Romney is Severely Conservative. He said so.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Looks like Trump has already predicted a win for Mittens and realized there's no sense in antagonizing the useless lump right out the gate.

This way, Trump may get a vote or two out of Romney on middle of the road issues, but Trump's no where near gullible enough to believe Mitt's gonna do anything more than Go GOPE/Native on him once he gets in.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline seax

• Liberalism is a mental disorder!
    • My Image Gallery
Trump called Mitt Romney, encouraged him to run for Utah Senate seat: Report
by Ariella Phillips | Jan 5, 2018, 4:48 PM

President Trump called Mitt Romney on Thursday night and encouraged him to run for Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch's seat.

An anonymous source close to the White House confirmed the conversation to the Salt Lake Tribune, saying the call between the sitting president and the former presidential candidate was short and cordial.

“It was a good conversation,” White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley told the Tribune. “They spoke about Senator Hatch and his outstanding service.”

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-called-mitt-romney-encouraged-him-to-run-for-utah-senate-seat-report/article/2645136

All I can say is, Trump is a much better man than I am.  I don't trust Romney, he had some inciniary words to say about Trump before the election and was a well known....no Trumper.  Romney I believe feels he has an obligation to the status quo but rolls with the flow until things get a little hot.  But...in saying that ....Trump beat 17 in the primary....whooped the news media....rid us of ISIS.....and is calming down the sword rattling in Korea and the middle East ....so what can I say?  I will trust the man because his record is better than anyone else I've seen ..other than the 'gipper.'

seax :cool:
“There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it’s only a hundred billion. It’s less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.” – Richard Feynman, 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics winner.
People will forgive you for just about everything...except for being right...when you are suppose to be wrong!

Offline aligncare

All I can say is, Trump is a much better man than I am.  I don't trust Romney, he had some inciniary words to say about Trump before the election and was a well known....no Trumper.  Romney I believe feels he has an obligation to the status quo but rolls with the flow until things get a little hot.  But...in saying that ....Trump beat 17 in the primary....whooped the news media....rid us of ISIS.....and is calming down the sword rattling in Korea and the middle East ....so what can I say?  I will trust the man because his record is better than anyone else I've seen ..other than the 'gipper.'

I was dreading the prospect of Obama v2, so I campaigned hard for Mitt. And when Romney lost, I took it hard.

But once again President Trump’s actions put the lie to his harshest critics’ claims that Donald Trump doesn’t play well with others. He most certainly does...like a cat with a ball of yarn.

And I agree with you that Trump is the best president since Ronald Wilson Reagan.  :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Looks like Trump has already predicted a win for Mittens and realized there's no sense in antagonizing the useless lump right out the gate.   ... 

Agree.   But I think Romney will be as big a problem, if not more so, for McConnell.

Besides, let's not tear another state apart and lose another safe seat. 

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:21:15 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

... And I agree with you that Trump is the best president since Ronald Wilson Reagan.  :patriot:

Wow!  Almost missed this @aligncare

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Night Hides Not

I was dreading the prospect of Obama v2, so I campaigned hard for Mitt. And when Romney lost, I took it hard.

But once again President Trump’s actions put the lie to his harshest critics’ claims that Donald Trump doesn’t play well with others. He most certainly does...like a cat with a ball of yarn.

And I agree with you that Trump is the best president since Ronald Wilson Reagan.  :patriot:

The last line is more of a comment on how lousy both Bushes, Clinton, and Obama were for the country. Can’t say I disagree with it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline seax

• My Image Gallery
Agree.   But I think Romney will be as big a problem, if not more so, for McConnell.

Besides, let's not tear another state apart and lose another safe seat.

I agree, I don't trust Romney....one little slip and Romney is going to get vicious....I feel.  I'm basing that on his past actions.  You know Romney could have made his feelings know without being so vicious about it.  Romney was kissing his south end up until he ran for president...it's hard to trust someone like that...or for me anyway...that's why I say Trump is a much better man than me and much smarter.  But, maybe right now he don't need another front to fight....Trump does everything with calculation...that's why I say I'll trust him.  It's a little ironic, the press tore him apart when he ran against Obama...the first debate he made a fool out of Obama.  Then the press got hold of him and after that he was like an old dish rag.  The reason I supported Trump over Ted Cruz was because I knew Trump would fight the media, Cruz may have tried but he don't have what it takes.  If you can handle the media, you can stay afloat.

best regards,

“There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it’s only a hundred billion. It’s less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.” – Richard Feynman, 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics winner.
People will forgive you for just about everything...except for being right...when you are suppose to be wrong!

I agree, I don't trust Romney....one little slip and Romney is going to get vicious....I feel.  I'm basing that on his past actions.  You know Romney could have made his feelings know without being so vicious about it.  Romney was kissing his south end up until he ran for president...it's hard to trust someone like that...or for me anyway...that's why I say Trump is a much better man than me and much smarter.  But, maybe right now he don't need another front to fight....Trump does everything with calculation...that's why I say I'll trust him.  It's a little ironic, the press tore him apart when he ran against Obama...the first debate he made a fool out of Obama.  Then the press got hold of him and after that he was like an old dish rag.  The reason I supported Trump over Ted Cruz was because I knew Trump would fight the media, Cruz may have tried but he don't have what it takes.  If you can handle the media, you can stay afloat.

best regards,

goopo @seax    And, welcome to TBR!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Romney.... :yawn2:

Offline seax

• My Image Gallery
goopo @seax    And, welcome to TBR!

Thanks and a pleasure to be here among such fine folks.  The fees are a little high, but they said I could take it off my taxes.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

best regards,
You display good reasoning. Common sense. Results count a lot.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline seax

• My Image Gallery
You display good reasoning. Common sense. Results count a lot.

Thanks truth seeker, I've always heard God must have thought common sense was more important because he gave us that before the books.  But ya know that's one reason why the media hates Trump so bad and the establishment.  The only agenda he's pushing is what works tried and proven....not theories....plus the fact that common sense don't fit their agenda.

Thanks,
seax

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

"And you agree with Neville, nice,
That peace is peace at any price."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.