Author Topic: Trump called Mitt Romney, encouraged him to run for Utah Senate seat: Report  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I agree, I don't trust Romney....one little slip and Romney is going to get vicious....I feel.  I'm basing that on his past actions.  You know Romney could have made his feelings know without being so vicious about it.  Romney was kissing his south end up until he ran for president...it's hard to trust someone like that...or for me anyway...that's why I say Trump is a much better man than me and much smarter.  But, maybe right now he don't need another front to fight....Trump does everything with calculation...that's why I say I'll trust him.  It's a little ironic, the press tore him apart when he ran against Obama...the first debate he made a fool out of Obama.  Then the press got hold of him and after that he was like an old dish rag.  The reason I supported Trump over Ted Cruz was because I knew Trump would fight the media, Cruz may have tried but he don't have what it takes.  If you can handle the media, you can stay afloat.

best regards,
seax :cool:

Good thoughts.  I remember that first debate.  I was soooo confident of Romney winning.  And then, it was like he took a knee for the rest of the debates.  He could have won.

But, as Senators go, I don't think he'd be the worst guy we could have in there.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline seax

• Liberalism is a mental disorder!
    • My Image Gallery
Good thoughts.  I remember that first debate.  I was soooo confident of Romney winning.  And then, it was like he took a knee for the rest of the debates.  He could have won.

But, as Senators go, I don't think he'd be the worst guy we could have in there.

I thought it was over for Obama, but the media brow beat him so bad he laid down.  I agree there could be worse, and I feel if all goes well with Trump's agenda that those in the senate and congress will think twice before trying to go against it, especially those up for election.  But...the left is going to keep trying...it is going to be one thing after another even if they have to make it up ....like the Russia collusion.  When I hear any of them say that I want to lose my food.  It's really bad when you don't have a media that call it because of facts rather than their agenda.  The Democrat party doesn't much worry me, it's the media. 

Thanks,
seax
“There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it’s only a hundred billion. It’s less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.” – Richard Feynman, 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics winner.
People will forgive you for just about everything...except for being right...when you are suppose to be wrong!

Online corbe

In spite of all the Love the Trumpers here are lavishly bathing you in @seax, I still like you. 
     I never trusted their ability to judge people anyway. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline seax

• Liberalism is a mental disorder!
    • My Image Gallery
     In spite of all the Love the Trumpers here are lavishly bathing you in @seax, I still like you. 
     I never trusted their ability to judge people anyway.

lol...well I appreciate that and really the way it should be.  We should all be able to agree to disagree, if not for friction....our cars would not roll.  Mistakes and corrections have always came before perfection.  I'm still working on my perfection...and got a lot more work to do.

Thanks for your thoughts,

seax
“There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it’s only a hundred billion. It’s less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.” – Richard Feynman, 1965 Nobel Prize in Physics winner.
People will forgive you for just about everything...except for being right...when you are suppose to be wrong!

Offline Suppressed

Based on his lead, he went into a Prevent Defense, playing it safe to avoid a gaffe.

And any football fan knows about Prevent Defenses.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

For once, I sure would like to get someone other than not "the worst guy we could have in there".

Offline aligncare

Neville Chamberlain had positive attributes, too.

Stalin by many accounts had good personal character. Yet When the peasants in Ukraine refused to give up their property and move to communal farms, Stalin took their food and starved 30 million people.

This is the man who the United States partnered with to defeat a greater evil, the Nazis. Should we have rejected the alliance because character is the only thing that makes one qualified to be in public office?

Good personal character vs evil conduct in office. In office there are things that matter more than if one is a good father or fine by other measures of personal character.

Online mountaineer

I agree.  I'd rather have Mitt in there than a lot of other people I can think of.
With which prominent Utah Republicans are you familiar? Surely there's an actual conservative interested in running.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
For once, I sure would like to get someone other than not "the worst guy we could have in there".

@sanquine

Ain't that the truth!  But I'm pretty sure that the well has been poisoned to the point that decent people will no longer enter the realm of politics.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Mitt has proven he has a good heart.  That should preclude him from ever holding public office again.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline aligncare

Based on his lead, he went into a Prevent Defense, playing it safe to avoid a gaffe.

And any football fan knows about Prevent Defenses.

Something Trump assiduously did not do as a candidate and does not do as president.

And look at the grief he got from those who were supposedly on his side.  I refuse to join those folks. I’m not gonna blame Trump for winning the primaries or the election.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
With which prominent Utah Republicans are you familiar? Surely there's an actual conservative interested in running.

Perhaps those people you mention are just not interested in all the ring kissing involved at present.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

Stalin by many accounts had good personal character. Yet When the peasants in Ukraine refused to give up their property and move to communal farms, Stalin took their food and starved 30 million people.

This is the man who the United States partnered with to defeat a greater evil, the Nazis. Should we have rejected the alliance because character is the only thing that makes one qualified to be in public office?

Good personal character vs evil conduct in office. In office there are things that matter more than if one is a good father or fine by other measures of personal character.

LOL   Awesomeness.  The best people you can come up with to explain why character doesn't matter are Hillary and Stalin.   I love it.

Offline RoosGirl

Mitt has proven he has a good heart.  That should preclude him from ever holding public office again.

If you're trying to talk me into running, it won't work.

Offline Frank Cannon

Who gives a shit about how healthy Mitt is. McLame sleeps in a coffin and he is a Senator.

Offline WingNot

Maybe you could run and unseat  CatrinaofArmageddon for dog catcher? :pondering:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Stalin threw his own son in a Gulag and starved to death over a million of his countrymen in Siberia in the 30's.

Not a man of good character.  FDR thought of him as Uncle Joe because they shared the same basic political philosophy.

Read the same books if you know what I mean.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

Maybe you could run and unseat  CatrinaofArmageddon for dog catcher? :pondering:

I have three already; I think that's enough.

Offline Frank Cannon

If he is telling you to run, it's an insult. He is calling you fat and you need to loose weight. Are you going to take that type of attitude from him?

Offline WingNot

I have three already; I think that's enough.

True.  No Need to bring another flea bag into the kennel.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh, I know what you mean....

Offline RoosGirl

If he is telling you to run, it's an insult. He is calling you fat and you need to loose weight. Are you going to take that type of attitude from him?

Oh, I thought he was saying how awesome us mean-hearted people are.  Now I shall have to waddle over and sit on him.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Stalin threw his own son in a Gulag and starved to death over a million of his countrymen in Siberia in the 30's.

Not a man of good character.  FDR thought of him as Uncle Joe because they shared the same basic political philosophy.

The Soviet Union would have died a natural death before Stalin ever came to power had the good old USA not prpoed them up continually throughout the 1920 to 1945 time period.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

Oh, I know what you mean....

Wow, Mitt Romney is a romance book cover model!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Wow, Mitt Romney is a romance book cover model!

Then where's the knife in his hand behind her back?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com