Author Topic: Michele Bachmann mulls run for Al Franken's Senate seat  (Read 4438 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Michele Bachmann mulls run for Al Franken's Senate seat
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2018, 12:59:41 am »
I have no idea.  I don't even know where I could get statistics I would believe about it.

There were stats when it first started being used.  Haven't seen much lately tho.   I'm sure the drug companies did their best to bury the data.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2018, 12:59:58 am »
Feel free to put a plastic bag over your head.  We'll see who's stupid in a few minutes.

No thanks!   I don't breath that stuff which is why submarines have CO2  scrubbers.

But that does not change the fact that we very much need carbon dioxide in the atmosphe.  Without it, every living thing on this planet will die in short order and THAT is a fact.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2018, 01:00:22 am »
If she says CO2 isn't causing Globull Warming, it's the one thing she is the most correct about.

That would have been fine, but that's not what she said. There is a certain acceptable (according to govt science) amount in PPM of arsenic in your water. No sane person would say that makes arsenic harmless.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2018, 01:01:19 am »
The collective IQ revealed by the posts on this thread so far is minus 20.

@Emjay

Would you mind stepping out for a minute so the numbers pop back up?

Offline edpc

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2018, 01:02:43 am »
No thanks!   I don't breath that stuff which is why submarines have CO2  scrubbers.

But that does not change the fact that we very much need carbon dioxide in the atmosphe.  Without it, every living thing on this planet will die in short order and THAT is a fact.

Interesting how we do so well at 0.04%.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2018, 01:03:48 am »
That would have been fine, but that's not what she said. There is a certain acceptable (according to govt science) amount in PPM of arsenic in your water. No sane person would say that makes arsenic harmless.

She said basically the same thing Trump has been saying...Hoax.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2018, 01:05:00 am »

She was talking about CO2 in general, but in a global warming context.  I added the part about submarines.  I'm not a chemist or a physician and I know she's dead wrong.  Hell - there's even such a thing as oxygen toxicity.

@edpc

Both will kill you under the right conditions.   Lack of either will also kill you.   In the context of global warming it is harmless.    Changing the balance of co2 in nature would be deadly.

Oxygen toxicity is real and almost got me.   I was at 102 ft on a 36% oxygen mix and my body said that was enough.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2018, 01:09:53 am »
I know.  She didn't just say YOU take them in, she took them in.  And I find nothing wrong with her policies either.

I agree.  But I have trouble separating support for her politically from my infatuation with her physically. I know it’s shallow of me, but from the moment I saw her I’ve been taken by her beauty. She definitely peels my apple.

I guess you could say I biased in her favor.

Online corbe

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2018, 01:12:05 am »
    I like the 'pillow guy' idea @edpc after Franken and Ventura maybe they need another reformed coke head to straighten things out.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2018, 01:15:58 am »
Seriously.  She is so dumb she can't fart and chew gum at the same time.  Why would anyone vote for her? 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Fantom

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2018, 01:19:14 am »
Interesting how we do so well at 0.04%.

And would likely do better at 0.08%. 

Under 0.02% life becomes a bit precarious. We have approached the lower limit many times. What is the upper limit, when we would need your "Sub Scrub"... about 150 times 0.04%  or 6.0%.

https://principia-scientific.org/at-what-concentration-does-co2-becomes-toxic-to-humans/
The number to watch for is 45 mm Hg of CO2 in the air, or 6% or 60,000 PPM – that is the concentration of CO2 that needs to be reached for the humankind to become extinct. If my math is serving me right, if we divide 60,000 PPM with 400 PPM we get the ‘kill factor’ for CO2: 150. .... BTW the CDC is along these lines to twice that.

Seems we have more than a few minutes in that bag of yours. If we can even take 0.04% as accurate.
It is worth noting that the 0.04 measurement is taken on  Mauna Loa Observatory Hawaii. Downwind from China.... :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2018, 01:24:48 am »
There were stats when it first started being used.  Haven't seen much lately tho.   I'm sure the drug companies did their best to bury the data.

Both sides have an agenda, that's why I can't trust either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2018, 01:26:38 am »
Hmmm... I don't think she'd be a viable statewide candidate.  But, I could be wrong.

That is a valid consideration. May need a R.I.N.O.terian like Pawlenty.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2018, 01:30:40 am »
Bachman said she was in favor of continuing to waterboard terrorists, and was pilloried as a monster for it.

Animals who dismembered living American Contractors and hung their corpses from a bridge.

But SHE was the one being out of line?

:amen:

Frederick Douglass

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2018, 01:30:58 am »
Did Al finally leave like he has said he would for weeks now?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fantom

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2018, 01:37:58 am »
Meh! 

With President Trump, we need fresh, new faces in Washington. 

She's too...., uh....., close to Christine O'Donnell territory, IMO. 

Public figures who cannot have a conversation without citing the power of God's Grace, draw attention to themselves.

We should move on.

Wow... YOU of all people ready to move on from Trump? @DCPatriot  Seems President Trump has used the "God word" quite frequently. Do I really need to provide examples?

Or are you saying it is time for evangelicals to "move on" from Trump?

Frederick Douglass

Online corbe

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2018, 01:39:06 am »
    Franken officially resigned today @IsailedawayfromFR
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2018, 01:40:31 am »
First you said she was wrong about submarines, now you're telling somebody the CO2 from a plastic bag is dangerous.

You can drink enough water to kill you, too.

She never said anything about submarines.  I was using that as an example of the dangers of CO2 in an enclosed space. Perhaps I was not explaining myself properly.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2018, 01:41:49 am »
    Franken officially resigned today @IsailedawayfromFR

With a lifetime pension. For holding out till Jan 1st I believe.

@corbe, Thanxs for the kind words awhile back.

Frederick Douglass

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2018, 01:43:06 am »

She never said anything about submarines.  I was using that as an example of the dangers of CO2 in an enclosed space. Perhaps I was not explaining myself properly.

Perhaps I wasn't either, because we appear to be talking past each other.  Happens all the time on discussion boards. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2018, 01:44:57 am »
Both sides have an agenda, that's why I can't trust either.

Every side has an agenda..... that is why we vote for 'Em. Trust on the other hand, seems only the regressive/dem/left stays true to their agenda.

Frederick Douglass

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2018, 01:48:40 am »
Every side has an agenda..... that is why we vote for 'Em. Trust on the other hand, seems only the regressive/dem/left stays true to their agenda.

That seems to be the case.  Since I'm on the right side side of the spectrum, I find that I can't trust any of them, even the ones who claim to be on my side.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2018, 01:49:16 am »
Maybe you should ask Trump.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/us/politics/climate-change-trump-hoax-scott-pruitt.html

WASHINGTON — As a businessman, President Trump was a frequent and scornful critic of the concept of climate change. In the years before running for president, he called it “nonexistent,” “mythical” and a “a total con job.” Whenever snow fell in New York, it seemed, he would mock the idea of global warming.

“Global warming has been proven to be a canard repeatedly over and over again,” he wrote on Twitter in 2012. In another post later that year, he said, “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.” A year later, he wrote that “global warming is a total, and very expensive, hoax!”

In Jurrasic times, the CO2 percentage was 5X higher and the planet was warmer.  However, there were a ton of other factors in play.  The continental land masses as we now know them did not exist, nor were they in the same places. Consequently, that completely changes ocean currents and weather patterns. 

The mistake scientists make is applying old data to a different model.  You can't realistically expect the same results with widely different variables in play. Climate change is a fact. It has occurred and will occur no matter what we do.  The hoax is the idea we can do anything to stop it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2018, 01:56:04 am »

In Jurrasic times, the CO2 percentage was 5X higher and the planet was warmer.  However, there were a ton of other factors in play.  The continental land masses as we now know them did not exist, nor were they in the same places. Consequently, that completely changes ocean currents and weather patterns. 

The mistake scientists make is applying old data to a different model.  You can't realistically expect the same results with widely different variables in play. Climate change is a fact. It has occurred and will occur no matter what we do.  The hoax is the idea we can do anything to stop it.

That right there.  I knew we have been talking past each other. :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2018, 01:57:51 am »
I like the 'pillow guy' idea @edpc after Franken and Ventura maybe they need another reformed coke head to straighten things out.

Just as long as Trump doesn't 'Peter Russo' him.