Author Topic: Why I’m Still a NeverTrumper  (Read 5282 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Why I’m Still a NeverTrumper
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2018, 12:05:32 am »
I'm part of the Stealers Wheel contingent. Trump is what we got, and we may not like some of the circus that surrounds him, or his rough awkwardness at times, but he's there for 4 years.

But unlike Obama, there is a decent chance that if Congress will step up to the plate, we might get some good things done.

If Trump goes liberal, then I'm going to run away on fire.

So far, so good, and we'll see what happens tommorow.

@Free Vulcan

I don’t know what the Stealer’s Wheel contingent is, but yes, it’s true that some good things have come out of this administration.   I’ll give Trump credit when due and I’ll bust him when he deserves it. 

The busting is what some have a problem with.  They won’t settle for anything less than unconditional accolades.  Like I said, the Palin lovers were nothing compared to hardcore Trump fans.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2018, 12:15:55 am »
@Free Vulcan

I don’t know what the Stealer’s Wheel contingent is, but yes, it’s true that some good things have come out of this administration.   I’ll give Trump credit when due and I’ll bust him when he deserves it. 

The busting is what some have a problem with.  They won’t settle for anything less than unconditional accolades.  Like I said, the Palin lovers were nothing compared to hardcore Trump fans.

That is the thing. They make it way too personal. And they get that attitude from HIM-the way he acts. I am MORE critical of other politicians. To some people any criticism of trump and they treat you like you are the dingo that just ate their baby.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2018, 12:21:35 am »
That is the thing. They make it way too personal. And they get that attitude from HIM-the way he acts. I am MORE critical of other politicians. To some people any criticism of trump and they treat you like you are the dingo that just ate their baby.

@bigheadfred

I’ll be honest, I have wondered if one or two here are related in some way to Trump or to Melania.
It’s like a part time job, working as hard as possible to “sell” him to everybody else.  It’s...well, it’s devotion. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2018, 12:28:47 am »
@bigheadfred

I’ll be honest, I have wondered if one or two here are related in some way to Trump or to Melania.
It’s like a part time job, working as hard as possible to “sell” him to everybody else.  It’s...well, it’s devotion.

Maybe they should try to sell vacuum cleaners instead. Maybe it is also devolution. They've turned into lemmings. They are devoted to their cause.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2018, 12:38:16 am »
Maybe they should try to sell vacuum cleaners instead. Maybe it is also devolution. They've turned into lemmings. They are devoted to their cause.

@bigheadfred

Well, I'll be swimming backward against that current, because I never saw a politician worth all of the breathless love and outrage.

Come on *takes Fred's hand*.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2018, 12:43:29 am »
@bigheadfred

Well, I'll be swimming backward against that current, because I never saw a politician worth all of the breathless love and outrage.

Come on *takes Fred's hand*.

Absolutely.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2018, 12:50:33 am »
@Free Vulcan

Personally, at this point, I don’t think Trump is nearly as bad as some of his supporters.  My God, I thought the Sarah Palin nuts were insufferable.

Every time I start to liking what Trump is doing, somebody comes along crowing about it so much, trying to get me to worship the man and rubbing my nose in something, and I find myself distrusting him again.  It's weird.  It's like they don't want me on their side at all.  It's ironic because I've never taken a "side" concerning Donald Trump.

I think I like the way @INVAR puts it.  Even though we all agree on the issues at hand, he's been declared an enemy and is treated as such.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:55:15 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2018, 12:53:11 am »
For those suggesting we don't like blunt truth, and this is why the NeverTrumpers still exist, I think that is hilarious.

I am not NT, but just a few weeks ago, he came out and said he.d accomplished more in his first year than any other President, breaking Truman's record.

This is a lie, and it is researchable.
Maybe he did more than Truman, but from Kennedy to Obama, he came in dead last.

Blunt truth? Try telling it, on occasion.
And, of course, the MSM should be held to this standard as well.

It just everybody lyin' to everybody else, now.

I really don't trust any of them now.

Online LMAO

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2018, 01:24:52 am »
This is why the left is still NeverTrump:

“Nearly a year into his takeover of Washington, President Trump has made a significant down payment on his campaign pledge to shrink the federal bureaucracy, a shift long sought by conservatives that could eventually bring the workforce down to levels not seen in decades.

By the end of September, all Cabinet departments except Homeland Security, Veterans Affairs and Interior had fewer permanent staff than when Trump took office in January — with most shedding many hundreds of employees, according to an analysis of federal personnel data by The Washington Post.”

Read more:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-the-trump-era-is-changing-the-federal-bureaucracy/2017/12/30/8d5149c6-daa7-11e7-b859-fb0995360725_story.html?utm_term=.ca0079883888

What’s your excuse why you’re still NeverTrump?

This is a positive.

But more cuts are needed. And Trump may find that his promise to not touch SS or Medicare cannot be kept. But this is a good start
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2018, 01:27:45 am »
For those suggesting we don't like blunt truth, and this is why the NeverTrumpers still exist, I think that is hilarious.

I am not NT, but just a few weeks ago, he came out and said he.d accomplished more in his first year than any other President, breaking Truman's record.

What I wonder is, why do AT's not mind that he tells lies all the time??

How can you idolize anyone who is so deeply dishonest?

I don't get it.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2018, 01:38:05 am »
What I wonder is, why do AT's not mind that he tells lies all the time??

How can you idolize anyone who is so deeply dishonest?

I don't get it.  :shrug:

If they admit it, it comes with the "God uses imperfect men" canard as a qualifier.

George Washington was an imperfect man, Trump is somewhat less. Anyone who has ever read Washington's Rules of Civility would know that George Washington would have had little use for a vulgar and petty man like Trump.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2018, 01:52:54 am »
If they admit it, it comes with the "God uses imperfect men" canard as a qualifier.

George Washington was an imperfect man, Trump is somewhat less. Anyone who has ever read Washington's Rules of Civility would know that George Washington would have had little use for a vulgar and petty man like Trump.

I can think of no greater contrast between two human beings than between the noble, honorable George Washington, and the vulgar, dishonest Donald Trump.

No matter what he does that I might 'like' it is still a disgrace that he was elected to the highest office in this land.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2018, 01:59:32 am »
I can think of no greater contrast between two human beings than between the noble, honorable George Washington, and the vulgar, dishonest Donald Trump.

No matter what he does that I might 'like' it is still a disgrace that he was elected to the highest office in this land.

Character counts.

The behavior of Trump and the behavior of those who have chosen to act just like him are going to cost us dearly.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2018, 02:13:32 am »
Character counts.

The behavior of Trump and the behavior of those who have chosen to act just like him are going to cost us dearly.

As my tagline says............. character ALWAYS matters.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2018, 02:17:53 am »
As my tagline says............. character ALWAYS matters.

I see Former Milwaukee sheriff David Clarke was banned from twitter yesterday for warning the media that "You will taste your own blood soon"

Silver Pines

« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2018, 02:18:31 am »
Every time I start to liking what Trump is doing, somebody comes along crowing about it so much, trying to get me to worship the man and rubbing my nose in something, and I find myself distrusting him again.  It's weird.  It's like they don't want me on their side at all.  It's ironic because I've never taken a "side" concerning Donald Trump.

I think I like the way @INVAR puts it.  Even though we all agree on the issues at hand, he's been declared an enemy and is treated as such.

@Cyber Liberty

That's all true.  Also, I have trouble believing that "conversions" from anti- to pro-Trump would be met with anything but derision.  They say no one gives him credit, but when it's done right in front of their faces, they ignore it and refuse to acknowledge it. Guess it doesn't serve the narrative. 

They need NTs; they're convenient for absorbing blame.

Silver Pines

« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2018, 02:22:21 am »
I see Former Milwaukee sheriff David Clarke was banned from twitter yesterday for warning the media that "You will taste your own blood soon"

@Cripplecreek

That guy needs to be on meds.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2018, 02:23:08 am »

I used to like that guy.  What happened to him? :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2018, 02:26:55 am »
I used to like that guy.  What happened to him? :shrug:

He "snapped."  It's a term used to describe what happens to Moonies.  Has something to do with that picture of a hard-backed chair I posted the other day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2018, 02:27:08 am »
@Cripplecreek

That guy needs to be on meds.

He's one of the fame junkies and he's growing rabid in his desperation for a fix.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2018, 02:32:04 am »
He "snapped."  It's a term used to describe what happens to Moonies.  Has something to do with that picture of a hard-backed chair I posted the other day.

What I like about Detroit police chief James Craig is the way he handles fame. He gives an interview about needing armed citizens to protect themselves and then he goes right back to work and you don't hear from him for a while.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2018, 02:34:02 am »
He's one of the fame junkies and he's growing rabid in his desperation for a fix.

Did Fox News do that to him?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2018, 03:05:41 am »

All Truman did in his first year was end WWII. I don’t think Trump matched that, although ISIS was mostly defeated.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2018, 03:24:58 am »
All Truman did in his first year was end WWII. I don’t think Trump matched that, although ISIS was mostly defeated.

I wouldn't get too excited about the defeat of ISIS. More likely they're following the same path as Al Qeada and dispersing only to refom as something else in coming months.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2018, 03:32:11 am »
I wouldn't get too excited about the defeat of ISIS. More likely they're following the same path as Al Qeada and dispersing only to refom as something else in coming months.
My apologies if I left that impression. Comparing ISIS to the Japanese military of WWII is like comparing an elementary school squad to an NFL team, even the Cleveland Browns.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.