Author Topic: Why I’m Still a NeverTrumper  (Read 5283 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Why I’m Still a NeverTrumper
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2017, 07:51:46 pm »
I think it might be a nice time to point out this article is about LEFTIST "Never Trumpers," and any random shots being taken at any of the Never Trump folks here are conflating the two in order to cast some Briefers in a very negative light, possibly deliberately. 

Yeah well, you can talk to RiV about that given that was her intent and it was made manifest in her snark and pokes.

They see no difference between Leftists and those of us Conservatives who do not herald Trump as the Second Coming of Reagan, hence the constant allegations that we are Hillary supporters. 

Fine.  I see little difference between them and the Left excepting the Won they sing hosannahs to while assuming that rubbing our noses in their asses for sport is somehow achieving a semblance of shame or regret on our part if not for just ridicule and derision to make themselves feel superior in gloating.    All they've done is confirm the fact that they have as little regard for liberty of opinion as the Left, and like the Left demand groupthink and mob movement in support of him they have made political savior.

They do not want agreement on policy, they demand total obeisance to their anointed.

Well, they can get bent on that demand. 

Geez, passive aggressive much?

She apparently thinks we won't notice.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2017, 07:57:18 pm »
For the record, for all the bitching you people do about being 'tired of' the same old NT arguments - it's shit like this and your snark-in-the-face and constant flick-our-noses because we do not worship and genuflect at the altar of Trump, that keeps this permanent rivalry stoked for nastiness.

The NT issue keeps coming up with bitter thread arguments because you people insist on regurgitating it, as if these silly and insipid efforts to shame those who do not seig-heil your political savior is somehow going to change any minds. 

All you continue to do, is widen the gulf to the point that I cannot discern the difference in threat to liberty with groupthink between you or the Left.

I think that worship and genuflecting should be mandatory when anyone verbalizes the name Trump!

In an online format, where it is impossible to see the genuflecting and worshipful pose, perhaps a written stand-in can be used?

Maybe we adopt something like: "Trump (praise his holy name and bow thine head) has said recently that..."

Can I get a big seig-heil on that??
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 08:01:39 pm by EdJames »

Offline EdJames

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2017, 07:59:19 pm »
I think it might be a nice time to point out this article is about LEFTIST "Never Trumpers," and any random shots being taken at any of the Never Trump folks here are conflating the two in order to cast some Briefers in a very negative light, possibly deliberately.  IOW, just another stating of the old argument "If you aren't 100% for Donald Trump, you are actually for Hillary Clinton."

This was debunked last year, but it still comes up.

Maybe for 2018 the refrain should be more like: "If you aren't 100% for Donald Trump, you aren't really an American?"

(More strongly stated? "If you aren't 100% for Donald Trump, you aren't really a human being?")

Does that work for you?

Offline EdJames

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2017, 08:01:05 pm »
The distinction is lost on most Orange Brigadiers.

I think that Trump should consider mandatory skin dying for all adults: a warm orange tone.

(It would help to identify riders of the Trump Train in public places.  Good idea, or not?)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2017, 08:21:53 pm »
Maybe for 2018 the refrain should be more like: "If you aren't 100% for Donald Trump, you aren't really an American?"

(More strongly stated? "If you aren't 100% for Donald Trump, you aren't really a human being?")

Does that work for you?

How about, "If you are not 100% for Trump, you're deplorable?"   :laugh:

Hey Ed...Happy New Year!  :happyny:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2017, 08:24:15 pm »
Why I’m Still a NeverTrumper

Still calling themselves a NeverTrumper shows how devoid of logic and even the basic reasoning skills of a 4 year old these people are. The term NT means that you were going to do everything in your power to keep Donny from being President. That was an abject failure. He is President. Guessing these folks are living in some warped reality where someone else is President......probably Adlai Stevenson judging by their half assed political philosophy.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2017, 08:26:25 pm »
I think that Trump should consider mandatory skin dying for all adults: a warm orange tone.

(It would help to identify riders of the Trump Train in public places.  Good idea, or not?)

I just got used to being dirty mouse grey.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2017, 08:26:29 pm »
I don't believe in vilifying Trump at every turn (including unnecessary "orange" references), nor do I accept worshipping him as the greatest thing ever to get to the White House.  My gosh, is it that difficult to be rational and objective about this presidency?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2017, 08:33:50 pm »
"I agree with every one of the policy decisions mentioned above. But I still wish Hillary Clinton were president."

He must be joking. Only he is not...

Here is further proof - as though any more were needed - that although we may one day cure cancer, there's no cure for stupid.

Donald Trump still annoys me. I wish he would stop his occasional fits of juvenile and boorish behavior.

But I thank God each and every day that he and not the serial liar, grifter and racial leftist Hillary Clinton was elected President.

I guess they prefer all of Hillary's corruption and heavy-handed govt to hide behind her carefully manicured public image, than someone rough around the edges who turns out has made some good policy decisions so far.

But, there all always those who want a beauty pageant with a President that has a glittering, shiny image even if there may be nothing good behind it. When it comes to choosing leadership, for too many it's the inner catty jr. high cheerleader that rules the day.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2017, 08:45:12 pm »
I think that worship and genuflecting should be mandatory when anyone verbalizes the name Trump!

Maybe we adopt something like: "Trump (praise his holy name and bow thine head) has said recently that..."

Perhaps something like "Trump (MAGA be upon him)" will suffice?

That way anytime we disagree with him, or refuse the suggested reverence, we can be accused of not wanting to make America Great Again - and once again enjoy the call of being declared infide-..... er.....traitors.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2017, 08:46:14 pm »
I don't believe in vilifying Trump at every turn (including unnecessary "orange" references), nor do I accept worshipping him as the greatest thing ever to get to the White House.  My gosh, is it that difficult to be rational and objective about this presidency?

No. You're either with him or against him.  It's binary. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2017, 09:05:51 pm »

Accurately sums up the entire A/T position as it is reflected in essays and comments right here on this board.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2017, 09:12:50 pm »

This isn’t an election. It’s about rallying support to get a conservative agenda passed—which Trump has been pursuing with some measurable success. It’s about slashing federal regulations and bureaucracy, again which President Trump has shown he’s aggressively pursuing.

It’s about improving government away from the status quo in which only the president—with precious little help from republicans and no help from the democrats—is in a position to affect at this moment in time.

Why anyone from our side would be joining the Left in vilifying Trump is beyond me. Trump IS the army we have, not the army you all pine for.  Are you in this battle to win or to prove how right you are about Donald Trump?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2017, 09:29:33 pm »
This isn’t an election. It’s about rallying support to get a conservative agenda passed—which Trump has been pursuing with some measurable success. It’s about slashing federal regulations and bureaucracy, again which President Trump has shown he’s aggressively pursuing.

It’s about improving government away from the status quo in which only the president—with precious little help from republicans and no help from the democrats—is in a position to affect at this moment in time.

Why anyone from our side would be joining the Left in vilifying Trump is beyond me. Trump IS the army we have, not the army you all pine for.  Are you in this battle to win or to prove how right you are about Donald Trump?

My comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek, and I wasn't thinking of you specifically when I penned it, but I can think of a couple of folks it most certainly applies to.  Nope, not naming names.
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2017, 09:30:13 pm »
All y'all need to get a

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2017, 09:32:20 pm »
All y'all need to get a

Hey can we sell those on zazzle?...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2017, 09:42:47 pm »
Hey can we sell those on zazzle?...

I'm sure the company already sells them there; if not, they'd be a little ticked off if we started trying to compete with them by selling their own merchandise.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2017, 09:52:40 pm »

Yeah, Trump's people said the same crap during the primary too.  "Only Trump could beat Hillary" yada, yada, yada.  "A vote for any other candidate is a vote for Hillary" yada, yada, yada.

You people are on your own.  Trump's Acolytes told us essentially that unless we pledged featly to Trump as our only hope and savior of the nation and sung hosannas and rallied for his name - we were not needed, nor wanted, nor necessary and Trump and his Train would do everything themselves and that those of us who refused to jump on the train would be counted among the enemy.  Hillary supporters and traitors.

Well, congrats and enjoy the results and consequences that the pro-Trump brigades so richly worked to earn for themselves and their president.  They have done an amazing job of creating enemies among what would have been natural allies.  Rallying support?  They can take a hike. 

They didn't need us, remember?  The Art of the Dealmaker was supposed to have Divine powers to make deals and get a "Conservative agenda" passed like lightning upon on his own strength of persona and skills no mortal could dare match.

Trump and his failed party of Establishment hacks is not my army. 

We are to be counted among the enemy remember?  Why would I ever go to battle with the likes of Trump's people?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2017, 10:16:59 pm »

Bullshit.  Posting articles like this is about one thing that has nothing to do with any of the things you listed above.  It's another attempt to put a wedge between members.  I don't really understand a possible end goal in that other than causing chaos here and trying to put an end to the forum.  You know how I know what you wrote above is bullshit?  Because stating an opinion here in this forum has absolutely no bearing on whether Trump can forward an agenda or not.  Are y'all so fragile that your decision to support a particular man must be validated with every comment here?  It sure comes across that way.  Let me try to help you a little; good job picking the winner out of what you claim was a 50/50 contest.  Good job.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2017, 10:19:29 pm »
I'm sure the company already sells them there; if not, they'd be a little ticked off if we started trying to compete with them by selling their own merchandise.

A little ticked off?  Who cares?  We'll sell em for $0.05 less.   ^-^

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2017, 10:42:14 pm »
You had me at Bullshit, @RoosGirl.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2017, 11:06:33 pm »
I’ve been mulling this over. I think NeverTrumpers object to Trump’s honesty.

*blink* *blink*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! heh... heh.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! O_M_G... stop!!! WHAHAHAHAHAHA..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Heeeheeehheee giggle.... snort.... sniff..

Now that was funny.

He’s ineloquent and braggadocios, but that’s him: straightforward and honest. And for reasons I don’t quite understand, this bothers the people that prefer obfuscation, diplomacy and theater from their president — like an Obama.

He lies every single time he opens his mouth.

To suggest he is straightforward or honest at all can only be parody or sarcasm.

Unbelievable.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2017, 11:08:31 pm »

Apparently it is, Mountaineer.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2017, 11:10:18 pm »
Apparently it is, Mountaineer.

Here's to the Stealers Wheel contingent.  :beer:
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2017, 11:11:50 pm »
This is why the left is still NeverTrump:

“Nearly a year into his takeover of Washington, President Trump has made a significant down payment on his campaign pledge to shrink the federal bureaucracy, a shift long sought by conservatives that could eventually bring the workforce down to levels not seen in decades.

By the end of September, all Cabinet departments except Homeland Security, Veterans Affairs and Interior had fewer permanent staff than when Trump took office in January — with most shedding many hundreds of employees, according to an analysis of federal personnel data by The Washington Post.”

Read more:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-the-trump-era-is-changing-the-federal-bureaucracy/2017/12/30/8d5149c6-daa7-11e7-b859-fb0995360725_story.html?utm_term=.ca0079883888

What’s your excuse why you’re still NeverTrump?