Author Topic: The War on Driving to Come  (Read 1568 times)

Oceander

Re: The War on Driving to Come
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 04:35:49 am »
Autonomous cars, at least on limited access highways, will be here sooner than most seem to think.  Once it becomes clear that it's close to being viable, the insurance companies will step in and give it the final push over the finish line.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2018, 04:51:38 am »
Autonomous cars, at least on limited access highways, will be here sooner than most seem to think.  Once it becomes clear that it's close to being viable, the insurance companies will step in and give it the final push over the finish line.

We'd certainly be able to cram more cars on the expressways.  Cars could drive 5 feet apart, front to back.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2018, 12:52:59 pm »
 So, it has come down to this. Even though the autonomous zealots are quite sure where this is all going, the auto business is careening down a path of the unknown. We’re straddling a rolling dichotomy consisting of an idyllic vision of our transportation future made of generic pods that can be summoned at our whims, while reality suggests that our personal transportation options are likely to remain the same as what we’ve been used to for years to come. Sure, those options may be hybrid and electrified, but personal choice will still reign.

That doesn’t mean the noise will stop anytime soon, however. We are going to be inundated with tales of a Brave New Auto World by the pitchfork-wielding techno-hordes hell-bent on eradicating the automobile as a symbol of personal freedom, because they view this country’s fascination with and reliance on the automobile in all of its forms as a tragic malfeasance that destroyed our cities and warped our view – and way – of life.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2018, 01:55:22 pm »
So, it has come down to this. Even though the autonomous zealots are quite sure where this is all going, the auto business is careening down a path of the unknown. We’re straddling a rolling dichotomy consisting of an idyllic vision of our transportation future made of generic pods that can be summoned at our whims, while reality suggests that our personal transportation options are likely to remain the same as what we’ve been used to for years to come. Sure, those options may be hybrid and electrified, but personal choice will still reign.

That doesn’t mean the noise will stop anytime soon, however. We are going to be inundated with tales of a Brave New Auto World by the pitchfork-wielding techno-hordes hell-bent on eradicating the automobile as a symbol of personal freedom, because they view this country’s fascination with and reliance on the automobile in all of its forms as a tragic malfeasance that destroyed our cities and warped our view – and way – of life.
There have already been a few sorts who have predicted that by 2030 nobody but a tiny few will own cars. We will all just rent cars for whenever we need them.
I think those people are off their rockers. If they truly believe that in just twelve years, and I don't care how far these robot cars have advanced, that people will not be owning their vehicles for getting around, they need to see a shrink.
A carless society is just another grand dream-scheme of the all controlling leftists.
p.s On a side note, I'm still waiting for all those drones delivering packages they predicted would be common shortly. I've yet to read or hear about any packages being delivered by drones anywhere in the country. Maybe someone can clue me in as to where this is happening.