Author Topic: Stage four of Trump Derangement Syndrome: Identifying the progress of a disease  (Read 10393 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If we’re going to pretend the derivation came from XML, then it would be written with a space before the quote as in snicker / and really should be <snicker />.

I always assumed it came from IRC as they show actions as in /me thinks someone is pruerile which resulted in *aunubias thinks someone is pruerile or *anubias snickers.

My assumption could be misplaced of course.

Well screw it then

/snicker/

:whistle:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Oceander

If we’re going to pretend the derivation came from XML, then it would be written with a space before the quote as in snicker / and really should be <snicker />.

I always assumed it came from IRC as they show actions as in /me thinks someone is pruerile which resulted in *aunubias thinks someone is pruerile or *anubias snickers.

My assumption could be misplaced of course.
Interesting point.  I wasn’t aware of the IRC connection. 

Offline endicom

Offline anubias

Well screw it then

/snicker/

Oh damn!  I hear them coming again. LOL

Oceander

Well screw it then

/snicker/

I like it!

:thumbsup:

Offline anubias

They’re all good.   888high58888

Offline corbe

@Right_in_Virginia is gonna be pizzed when she comes back later and realizes what yall turned her Masterpiece into /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

@Right_in_Virginia is gonna be pizzed when she comes back later and realizes what yall turned her Masterpiece into /JS

She never came back and checked on me like she said she would do on the FLOTUS thread, so she must be super busy with the holidays.  I bet she'll never notice.

Offline anubias

Oops!  Sorry @Right_in_Virginia

I will get back on topic.  I agree with the article.  I once suffered sorely from the disease but have been completely cured.  There is hope for others to be sure.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oops!  Sorry @Right_in_Virginia

I will get back on topic.  I agree with the article.  I once suffered sorely from the disease but have been completely cured.  There is hope for others to be sure.

No worries @anubias ... This is Corbe's tiresome way of trying to goad me to join a conversation.  I usually just ignore it.   

Once I hit "post" .... the thread, as with all threads, goes where Briefers take it.   ^-^

Offline goodwithagun

Comparing criticism of a politician to suffering from AIDS isn’t the worst analogy ever, but it’s right up there  **nononono*
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

I read the article.  It was good for some LOLs, but it was just another Trump cultist pining for everybody to ❤️ the object of his idolization.

The author did a good job of proving it’s not enough to simply credit Trump for good work.  Instead, we have to “come around.”

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I read the article.  It was good for some LOLs, but it was just another Trump cultist pining for everybody to ❤️ the object of his idolization.

The author did a good job of proving it’s not enough to simply credit Trump for good work.  Instead, we have to “come around.”

Proving that Trump hasn't changed from the progressive panty stain he's always been but they have fallen in love with the aforementioned stain.

Silver Pines

Proving that Trump hasn't changed from the progressive panty stain he's always been but they have fallen in love with the aforementioned stain.

@Cripplecreek

Are they still going to be begging people to get on the train a year from now?  Two years?  When does acceptance become a thing?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I'll play.  if y'all promise not to tell Earl.   ^-^

It's past time for the several of you who are Stage 4 TDS here, to have a "Come to Jesus" moment.

DECLARATION:

I, [fill-in-the-blank], do freely admit to the rest of my forum brethen, that after one year of President Trump, while betting my virtual forum life and reputation that I'd able to claim the mountain top and claim "I WAS RIGHT...AFTERALL!!!", that instead, I allowed my EGO to rule my keyboard.

I mean...how else can I explain it?   I'm smarter than almost...if not all of 'you'?   Donald EFFIN Trump??  Come on, man.  How could I lose??

Where was I?   Oh yeah... my freaking ego. 

What else could it be?

I've been sick.   Ever since the SOB....er, man took that down escalator. 

Oh...many people tried to tell me, but I rejected all of them. 

I'm embarrassed.   Seeing a Reagan-like Revival sweeping across the nation with MY OWN eyes, and here, 2-1/2 years later, I'm still "Chicken Little"!!

Forgive me.   I was.... wwwrr......wwwrrrrrron..........wrong.   

signed:  [fill-in-the-blank]

See?   How hard was that?    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

I'll play.  if y'all promise not to tell Earl.   ^-^

It's past time for the several of you who are Stage 4 TDS here, to have a "Come to Jesus" moment.

DECLARATION:

I, [fill-in-the-blank], do freely admit to the rest of my forum brethen, that after one year of President Trump, while betting my virtual forum life and reputation that I'd able to claim the mountain top and claim "I WAS RIGHT...AFTERALL!!!", that instead, I allowed my EGO to rule my keyboard.

I mean...how else can I explain it?   I'm smarter than almost...if not all of 'you'?   Donald EFFIN Trump??  Come on, man.  How could I lose??

Where was I?   Oh yeah... my freaking ego. 

What else could it be?

I've been sick.   Ever since the SOB....er, man took that down escalator. 

Oh...many people tried to tell me, but I rejected all of them. 

I'm embarrassed.   Seeing a Reagan-like Revival sweeping across the nation with MY OWN eyes, and here, 2-1/2 years later, I'm still "Chicken Little"!!

Forgive me.   I was.... wwwrr......wwwrrrrrron..........wrong.   

signed:  [fill-in-the-blank]

See?   How hard was that?    :beer:

Lol

In your dreams, but I’ll drink with you anyway.  :beer:

@DCPatriot

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Are they still going to be begging people to get on the train a year from now?  Two years?  When does acceptance become a thing?

Get over yourself.  Pointing out the errors in your statements is not "begging" you to board the Trump train. 

We've learned how to win without you, and we'll do it again.  Promise. 

Now ... go forth and preach to the tumbleweeds.  888blackhat

Oceander

Get over yourself.  Pointing out the errors in your statements is not "begging" you to board the Trump train. 

/snicker

Demanding fealty to Trump no matter how egregious his mistakes is not merely pointing out others mistakes. 

But don’t feel to bad about not realizing that fact; cult-members rarely figure out that they’re in a cult - it usually takes an outside intervention. 

Silver Pines

@Right_in_Virginia

That’s a good one from the head proselytizer of the Trump gospel.

If you don’t want a cultic article called out, don’t post it.

You really need to make up your mind on Trump critics.  You say we’re inconsequential, but the article begs us to “come around.”

Personally I don’t give a flying crap, regardless.   But don’t try to claim indifference when your bristling hostility breaks out at the slightest criticism of Trump.

Offline RoosGirl

@Right_in_Virginia

That’s a good one from the head proselytizer of the Trump gospel.

If you don’t want a cultic article called out, don’t post it.

You really need to make up your mind on Trump critics.  You say we’re inconsequential, but the article begs us to “come around.”

Personally I don’t give a flying crap, regardless.  But don’t try to claim indifference when your bristling hostility breaks out at the slightest criticism of Trump.

Or his wife.   :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
/snicker

Demanding fealty to Trump no matter how egregious his mistakes is not merely pointing out others mistakes. 

But don’t feel to bad about not realizing that fact; cult-members rarely figure out that they’re in a cult - it usually takes an outside intervention.

Not many will "get" this...

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Biggest bunch of sore-'winners' I've ever seen.

Regardless of whether or not you figure out a way to 'win' without a Conservative base - there is no way in hell I expect you people to leave those who will not genuflect Trump alone. 

Adoring cheers and 'huzzahs!' are demanded or we have a mental disease that requires intervention.

The meme and zeitgeist among you acolytes is 'Love, Cheer and Adore Trump, or Be Declared A Traitor'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Adoring cheers and 'huzzahs!' are demanded or we have a mental disease that requires intervention.

I understand the Gulag Hospitals in Siberia are very nice....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.