Author Topic: Progress at What Cost?  (Read 297 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Progress at What Cost?
« on: December 31, 2017, 12:05:47 am »
By Erick Erickson
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25228/erickson-progress-what-cost-erick-erickson

There are many conservatives, myself included, who never expected much from a Trump presidency. Most of
us, again myself included, never actually thought he would win and, even if he did, the cost would be so great as to
make us wonder if it would be worth it.

In the past year, President Trump has delivered on an arguably very conservative agenda . . . I do wonder, though,
at what cost we have gotten all these things. Again, many of us who were skeptical of the President, but are pleasantly
surprised at his successes, have also wondered what the long term ramifications of his behavior would be . . .

. . . (S)omething is off in the American experiment and experience. The President's behavior is not presidential.
We have a President who can no longer serve as a role model for our children. And the President tends to corrupt
everything he touches . . . The gains conservatives have seen have come from the Trump Administration, but
President Trump himself has been an undisciplined distraction. The gains have come more in spite of the President
than because of him. Democrats are mobilized and energized and President Trump seems unwilling or incapable of
trying to mitigate what is coming. It is increasingly likely conservatives who voted Trump to save the Supreme
Court could see it lost to a Democrat controlled Senate next year even though President Trump resides in the
White House. Something has to give and I am afraid it will be our union that frays.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 12:06:28 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.