Author Topic: GOP Senator Says Trump Rallies Reflect ‘Spasms of a Dying Party’ — James Woods Flattens Him  (Read 2129 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

American News Hub
By John S. Roberts
December 26, 2017

RINO Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake claimed recently that the Republican Party is in the early stages of death because of President Trump.

Retiring Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) on Sunday said the crowds at rallies for President Trump and other Republicans reflect “spasms of a dying party,” adding that the GOP will have to formulate a governing agenda to reach more voters.

“When you look at some of the audiences cheering for Republicans, sometimes, you look out there and you say, ‘those are the spasms of a dying party,’ ” Flake said on ABC’s “This Week.”

“When you look at the lack of diversity, sometimes, and it depends on where you are, obviously, but by and large, we’re appealing to older white men and there are just a limited number of them, and anger and resentment are not a governing philosophy,” he continued.

Conservative actor James Woods wasn’t thrilled with Flake’s words, sending this tweet in response:

James Woods
✔
@RealJamesWoods
You mean the party that has the Presidency, the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court, the majority of State Legislatures, the majority of State Governors, and is poised the steamroll over the broke Democrats in 2018, 2020, and 2024? You mean THAT dying party? #NumbskullJeffFlake?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/945061792224595969 …

4:48 PM - Dec 25, 2017

(more)
https://viral.americanewshub.com/2017/12/26/gop-senator-says-trump-rallies-reflect-spasms-dying-party-james-woods-flattens/

We all knew that Flake is a Democrat Left-wing Liberal, but the things he is saying lately are Rosie O'donnell level Liberal talking points. There is no doubt. That guy joined the wrong Party for his political views.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

So an actor knows more about the internal dynamics of the GOP than does a sitting GOP Senator?  Talk about confirmation bias.

Offline Frank Cannon

Failures like Flake making up excuses why he is right and everyone else is wrong.

If the party is indeed dying, isn't it Jeff's fault? He was involved getting to the place it is today.

Offline bilo

So an actor knows more about the internal dynamics of the GOP than does a sitting GOP Senator?  Talk about confirmation bias.

The DC establishment Pubs are as out of sync with their base as the Rats are. These "masters of the universe" all figured Hillary was going to win in a landslide. They all figured that Pres. Trump would be forced out of office by now, or so marginalized because of his tweeting and bravado, that they could do whatever they wanted.

The DC swamp wants to manage the decline of the USA. The great unwashed in middle America want to fight it. Pres. Trump is a fighter and middle America will stick with him.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Oceander

The DC establishment Pubs are as out of sync with their base as the Rats are. These "masters of the universe" all figured Hillary was going to win in a landslide. They all figured that Pres. Trump would be forced out of office by now, or so marginalized because of his tweeting and bravado, that they could do whatever they wanted.

The DC swamp wants to manage the decline of the USA. The great unwashed in middle America want to fight it. Pres. Trump is a fighter and middle America will stick with him.

You didn’t answer the question. 

Offline anubias

I’d trust James Woods to know more about GOP politics any day over a failed GOP Senator.  James Woods reported IQ is 180.  He aced his SATs and received a full ride to MIT where he was a Poly Sci major.  He dropped out right before graduating to pursue acting as he enjoyed acting in college.  He has always had a keen mind and interest in politics.

Some made the same statement about Reagan.  Just because one chose to be an actor does not an idiot make.

Oceander

I’d trust James Woods to know more about GOP politics any day over a failed GOP Senator.  James Woods reported IQ is 180.  He aced his SATs and received a full ride to MIT where he was a Poly Sci major.  He dropped out right before graduating to pursue acting as he enjoyed acting in college.  He has always had a keen mind and interest in politics.

Some made the same statement about Reagan.  Just because one chose to be an actor does not an idiot make.

Confirmation bias.  The same sophomoric error liberals make when they listen to their actors. 

Flake is a sitting Senator who is considering retirement; that’s very far from being a failed senator.  And what made Reagan great was the time he spent learning about politics and practicing politics, which Mr. Woods does not appear to have done to the same degree. 

Oceander

Woods is one of only a few Hollywood types with his head screwed on straight.  I may not necessarily agree with him, but I respect his opinion.

Other than confirmation bias, what makes his opinion more reliable than that of a sitting GOP Senator?

Offline aligncare

That’s a big 10-4, buddy  :patriot:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Jeff Flake, Senator from Brigham Young University, decides to not run for reelection in 2018 after serving one term.

Thinks the Mitt Romney wing of the GOP is in ascendancy. Plans to lead the #nevertrumper comeback.

Wiki posts this about Flakey:

"Flake used his experience surviving in the wild for six days with a Democratic Senator to develop an idea to end partisan gridlock in Washington. In 2014, Flake and U.S. Senator Martin Heinrich (D-NM) were featured on a Discovery Channel reality TV show, Rival Survival, where the two stayed on a small Micronesian island for six days. Flake later joked during a speech at the National Press Club that sending both Senate leaders (Majority Leader Senator Harry Reid [D-NV] and Republican Mitch McConnell [R-KY]) to a remote island together might reduce partisanship and allow more legislation to move forward.[25]"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Jeff Flake, Senator from Brigham Young University, decides to not run for reelection in 2018 after serving one term.

Thinks the Mitt Romney wing of the GOP is in ascendancy. Plans to lead the #nevertrumper comeback.

Wiki posts this about Flakey:

"Flake used his experience surviving in the wild for six days with a Democratic Senator to develop an idea to end partisan gridlock in Washington. In 2014, Flake and U.S. Senator Martin Heinrich (D-NM) were featured on a Discovery Channel reality TV show, Rival Survival, where the two stayed on a small Micronesian island for six days. Flake later joked during a speech at the National Press Club that sending both Senate leaders (Majority Leader Senator Harry Reid [D-NV] and Republican Mitch McConnell [R-KY]) to a remote island together might reduce partisanship and allow more legislation to move forward.[25]"

Not unreasonable for him to retire after having served about six terms in the House before becoming a senator. 

Offline truth_seeker

Sorry but Oceander doesn't believe in IQ scores, so your argument falls flat. You'll fare better with avatars and pictures, with him.

Offline bolobaby

I'm sorry, but I'm very bothered by the fact ANYONE can claim "party ownership" of SCOTUS at all, even if the ideologies of the majority of the judges reflect my own.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Not unreasonable for him to retire after having served about six terms in the House before becoming a senator.

Actually its kinda flaky
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

Sorry but Oceander doesn't believe in IQ scores, so your argument falls flat. You'll fare better with avatars and pictures, with him.

I don’t believe in the misuse of IQ scores to try and prop up racism.  But since race isn’t an issue here, your point is, as usual, irrelevant. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Flake is a sitting Senator who is considering retirement; that’s very far from being a failed senator.

I don't know what crack den you just rolled out of, but Flake isn't "considering" retiring. He has announced it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/10/25/jeff-flakes-retirement-speech-reads-like-an-indictment-of-trump-supporters-and-gop-leadership/?utm_term=.6eed100feee0

Flake is an total failure. He has flip flopped on everything he campaigned on when he ran for this seat. He has accomplished nothing as a Senator and was staring down the barrel of being fired by his constituents for his incompetence. His polling was in the toilet for a reason.

Offline skeeter

You didn’t answer the question.

If Flake does indeed believe it is Trump, not bureaucrat-engineered demographic changes, nor the GOP leadership's demonstrated tendency to show contempt to their base (except around election time), who is destroying the republican party then I suspect Woods does know more than Flake.

That would mean I know more about politics than Flake.

On the other hand if his comments are just self serving political hubris then maybe he's marginally smarter than that.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:22:23 pm by skeeter »

Offline driftdiver

@Oceander
I'd wager 50% of the population knows more about the GOP then those inside it.  The other 50% are a toss up but then they don't know who the President is.

GOP insiders live inside a tiny bubble.  A bubble of ass kissers, consultants, and lobbyists.   For the most part they only know what their handlers tell them.    Some, like Cruz, are more aware but thats because they care.   The vast majority of those in the GOP couldn't care less who is President or who controls the majority positions.   Their agenda is the same as the left wing and it matters not a whit to their personal bank accounts, jobs, or future prospects.

Offline driftdiver

I don’t believe in the misuse of IQ scores to try and prop up racism.  But since race isn’t an issue here, your point is, as usual, irrelevant.

@Oceander
If racism isn't an issue here then why did you bring it up?   

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline aligncare

Offline Right_in_Virginia

... Flake is a sitting Senator who is considering retirement; that’s very far from being a failed senator.  ...

:facepalm2:  Nice spin there.

Flake is not "considering retirement".  Flake announced he will not seek reelection in 2018.  An approval rating at 1% forced his hand.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I don't know what crack den you just rolled out of, but Flake isn't "considering" retiring. He has announced it:

Flake is an total failure. He has flip flopped on everything he campaigned on when he ran for this seat. He has accomplished nothing as a Senator and was staring down the barrel of being fired by his constituents for his incompetence. His polling was in the toilet for a reason.

888high58888

Offline truth_seeker

Very Special wing of the GOP:

Mitt Romoney
Evan McMuffin
Glenn Beck
Jeff Flakey

Gonna lead the GOP to the promised land. "This is the Place"

Offline driftdiver

Very Special wing of the GOP:

Mitt Romoney
Evan McMuffin
Glenn Beck
Jeff Flakey

Gonna lead the GOP to the promised land. "This is the Place"

@truth_seeker

Add a couple more and you have a list of the GOP elite that are the reason so many people don't support the GOP.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Failures like Flake making up excuses why he is right and everyone else is wrong.

If the party is indeed dying, isn't it Jeff's fault? He was involved getting to the place it is today.

Courting the 'Reasonable, Moderate, Middle of the Road, Bipartisan' vote.

! No longer available
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com