Author Topic: Bill Kristol: ‘I Was Wrong’ About The GOP Tax Bill  (Read 925 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Bill Kristol: ‘I Was Wrong’ About The GOP Tax Bill
« on: December 25, 2017, 02:51:15 pm »
The Daily Caller
KERRY PICKET
10:27 AM 12/24/2017

Chalk up another failed prediction by The Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol.

@BillKristol
Follow Follow @BillKristol
        Tax reform won't even get a vote in Congress this year.
         I'd be surprised if it made it through committee in either house.

When asked by The Daily Caller about his August tax reform package prediction, he responded Saturday night in an email, “I was wrong.”

The neoconservative movement’s most well-known “never Trumper” tweeted back on August 29, after Republicans failed to repeal the Affordable Care Act, that a tax reform package would not get a vote in Congress this year. He added it would surprise him if the legislation ever made it out of either chambers’ respective committees.

Read more:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/24/bill-kristol-i-was-wrong-about-the-gop-tax-bill/
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 02:52:44 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Re: Bill Kristol: ‘I Was Wrong’ About The GOP Tax Bill
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 02:59:22 pm »
Neoconservative? 

This term is as crappy as Alt Right.  You are either a conservative or a liberal.  Nothing in between.  Anything that claims to be a new and different version of conservative or liberal is neither conservative nor liberal.   It's a kooky fringe group.

And Kristol is just another talking head like all the others on Fox and so-called news networks. They don't know their rumps from a hole in the ground. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 03:09:21 pm »
Neoconservative? 

This term is as crappy as Alt Right.  You are either a conservative or a liberal.  Nothing in between.  Anything that claims to be a new and different version of conservative or liberal is neither conservative nor liberal.   It's a kooky fringe group.

And Kristol is just another talking head like all the others on Fox and so-called news networks. They don't know their rumps from a hole in the ground.

I don't know the origin or why it came about, but my own understanding of the term 'neocon' was that it is a codeword for a Jewish conservative. I may be wrong, but that's my takeaway from it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 03:17:41 pm »

I don't know the origin or why it came about, but my own understanding of the term 'neocon' was that it is a codeword for a Jewish conservative. I may be wrong, but that's my takeaway from it.

Hmmm... my mental picture was always that of like "Nouveau Rich"....but instead of 'wealth', substitute Conservative thinking.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 06:46:39 pm »
neo-
pref.
1. New; recent: Neolithic.
a. New and different: neoimpressionism.
b. New and abnormal: neoplasm.
3. New World: Neotropical.
4. Young: neoteny.

neo-
1. a combining form meaning “new,” “recent,” “revived,” “modified”: Neolithic; neoorthodoxy; neophyte.
2. a combining form used in the names of isomers having a carbon atom attached to four carbon atoms: neoarsphenamine.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/neo-

I personally would have included the word FAKE in #1 under definition but that's just me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 06:55:26 pm »

As the Dixiecrats were kicked out of the Democratic Party and became Republicans,  the same happened with the Scoop Jackson Democrats, and those were the "neocons".
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 06:56:46 pm by dfwgator »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 08:19:16 pm »
Neocons were the former liberals who flipped to supporting George W. Bush after 9/11.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 08:53:09 pm »

No... NEOCon is coined by moderates as a kinder, gentler Conservatism (though it is anything but) See the Bushes, McCain, Lindsay Graham, etc. 'Better management' of big government, war mongering, nation building, pays homage to Christian Right for votes (though mostly lip service) and military conservatives. Fiscal Conservatism and Civil libertarianism under the bus. Globalism on the 'right'.