Author Topic: Roy Moore isn't taking his loss well  (Read 4472 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Roy Moore isn't taking his loss well
« on: December 21, 2017, 05:22:30 pm »
by Philip Wegmann | Dec 21, 2017, 11:52 AM

While Roy Moore hasn’t conceded the Alabama Senate race, the reality appears to be setting in, and so is the bitterness. Shortly after hopes of a recount ended, the beleaguered judge got on social media and let his base know just who to blame for his loss: the Muslims, the gays, and the Marxists.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/roy-moore-isnt-taking-his-loss-well/article/2644146
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Roy Moore isn't taking his loss well
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 05:27:56 pm »
From the article:

On the facts, Moore may not be wrong. He lost to a Democrat with an openly gay son and more than 20,000 Alabama Muslims voted — roughly the equivalent of the Doug Jones margin of victory.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 05:48:28 pm »
You should be feeling a little stupid for not hitting the campaign trail, Judge.  This may just have carried you over the finish line.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:48:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 06:01:16 pm »
by Philip Wegmann | Dec 21, 2017, 11:52 AM
the beleaguered judge got on social media and let his base know just who to blame for his loss: the Muslims, the gays, and the Marxists.

A person's religion is not on the voter list.  A person's sexual choice is not on the voter list.  A person's choice of government (Marxism) is not on the voter list.  These lists are in his head, not on the voter list.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 06:02:49 pm »
It’s pretty damned sad when one has to admit that even the democrat was a better alternative to this GOP pos. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 06:05:47 pm »
He's got nobody to blame but himself. He still may have pulled it out had he not taken a "Victory Lap" the last week of the campaign.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 06:07:16 pm »
It's pretty damned sad when we see so-called republicans trashing a man like Roy Moore!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 06:17:56 pm »
It's pretty damned sad when we see so-called republicans trashing a man like Roy Moore!

I wish we'd stop posting Roy Moore articles. It just provides another opportunity for certain other cynical posters to continue their barking.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 06:19:21 pm »
He's got nobody to blame but himself. He still may have pulled it out had he not taken a "Victory Lap" the last week of the campaign.

True, indeed. However, because one is a lousy campaigner does not mean one would make a bad senator. I still think it would have been good to have him on the team. And definitely would have added to the interesting times in which we live.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 06:24:22 pm »
A person's religion is not on the voter list.  A person's sexual choice is not on the voter list.  A person's choice of government (Marxism) is not on the voter list.  These lists are in his head, not on the voter list.

Neither is a person's color, gender, Christianity or immigration country of origin, but we receive polling data on this @Victoria33

Is all of this, too, in someone's head? 

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:24:59 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 08:47:26 pm »
True, indeed. However, because one is a lousy campaigner does not mean one would make a bad senator. I still think it would have been good to have him on the team. And definitely would have added to the interesting times in which we live.

Unfortunately, one doesn't get a chance to be a good senator if one is a really poor campaigner.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 08:58:34 pm »
Unfortunately, one doesn't get a chance to be a good senator if one is a really poor campaigner.

The ultimate truth.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 03:25:59 am »
Neither is a person's color, gender, Christianity or immigration country of origin, but we receive polling data on this @Victoria33
Is all of this, too, in someone's head?

The data of which you speak comes from exit polling.  Someone stands behind the legal limit in front of a polling place, and asks questions of voters returning from voting.  This is not exact as some will not want to be questioned, and some will not tell the truth.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 03:30:42 am »
The data of which you speak comes from exit polling.  Someone stands behind the legal limit in front of a polling place, and asks questions of voters returning from voting.  This is not exact as some will not want to be questioned, and some will not tell the truth.

Yeah, especially if it's me.  I usually refuse, and if I don't it's because I feel sporting and want to game them by lying like a rug.  GAWD, I hate polls, because of the way they are pushed as "news."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 07:28:45 am »
Funny thing is that if he had won, chances are they'd be singing a different tune.  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 07:30:57 am »
Yeah, especially if it's me.  I usually refuse, and if I don't it's because I feel sporting and want to game them by lying like a rug.  GAWD, I hate polls, because of the way they are pushed as "news."
96% of blacks (1/3 of voters in the election were black, according to exit poll data) voted for Jones.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 07:36:44 am »
96% of blacks (1/3 of voters in the election were black, according to exit poll data) voted for Jones.

He might of got a couple of percent more of the black vote had he not said family life for blacks was better under slavery...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 07:41:34 am »
He might of got a couple of percent more of the black vote had he not said family life for blacks was better under slavery...
I reckon that depended on if you were a free black, or a slave black, or even a black slaveowner.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 11:41:49 am »

Odd, I don't see it that way at all. Family got to go to one of Roy's last meetings at Henagar Alabama. The press were so thick that they had to move them from dominating the whole front of the church. There was lines for the press to stay behind, but they didn't care to be confined, so finally they forced them to move back or be removed. Every liberal media outlet in the nation was there trying to get a "gotcha" moment in the final days.

Roy's next meeting was also in a church in North Alabama. Being that Roy was not giving the press what they wanted, the late night comedians got involved and sent a comedian clown to disrupt the meeting. He acted like he was a Moore fan and played the fool in front of national cameras being crass vulgar and a jerk so Jimmy could have his few seconds of film to go on a long tirade against Moore on TV. Moore called him out on it via Twitter but you don't win doing stuff like that because they have the greater media exposure to push their views. It was better not to give the media what it wanted which was a two second sound bit and the just repeating the baseless allegations against him over and over and over again.

Now Roy did an interview with Alabama Political Reporter a few days before the election. Guess who didn't show up for the interview..... Doug Jones... he had been yelling that Roy would not debate with him, but yet when it came time to actually be in the same room as Moore it was he that didn't show. Not like Alabama Political Report (APR) was not a flaming lib publication. APR has just one semi-conservative on it's rotation, heck they don't even list him as a regular reporter on staff. 7 out of 8 stories they published were all in for Jones.

The lady that had the yearbook story just admitted she faked some of it (probable all of it)... and the media was just looking to divert attention off of that story because Roy was going back up in the polls. Heck even Facebook jumped into the act suddenly deciding that the story of her faking some of the Yearbook was "fake news" and putting up warnings on all articles shared that dared mention it. Facebook this week decided that suddenly they would drop the "fake news" label because they said it didn't really help.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/21/facebook-ditches-another-fake-news-fighting-initiative/

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DB

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2017, 12:14:07 pm »
Odd, I don't see it that way at all. Family got to go to one of Roy's last meetings at Henagar Alabama. The press were so thick that they had to move them from dominating the whole front of the church. There was lines for the press to stay behind, but they didn't care to be confined, so finally they forced them to move back or be removed. Every liberal media outlet in the nation was there trying to get a "gotcha" moment in the final days.

Roy's next meeting was also in a church in North Alabama. Being that Roy was not giving the press what they wanted, the late night comedians got involved and sent a comedian clown to disrupt the meeting. He acted like he was a Moore fan and played the fool in front of national cameras being crass vulgar and a jerk so Jimmy could have his few seconds of film to go on a long tirade against Moore on TV. Moore called him out on it via Twitter but you don't win doing stuff like that because they have the greater media exposure to push their views. It was better not to give the media what it wanted which was a two second sound bit and the just repeating the baseless allegations against him over and over and over again.

Now Roy did an interview with Alabama Political Reporter a few days before the election. Guess who didn't show up for the interview..... Doug Jones... he had been yelling that Roy would not debate with him, but yet when it came time to actually be in the same room as Moore it was he that didn't show. Not like Alabama Political Report (APR) was not a flaming lib publication. APR has just one semi-conservative on it's rotation, heck they don't even list him as a regular reporter on staff. 7 out of 8 stories they published were all in for Jones.

The lady that had the yearbook story just admitted she faked some of it (probable all of it)... and the media was just looking to divert attention off of that story because Roy was going back up in the polls. Heck even Facebook jumped into the act suddenly deciding that the story of her faking some of the Yearbook was "fake news" and putting up warnings on all articles shared that dared mention it. Facebook this week decided that suddenly they would drop the "fake news" label because they said it didn't really help.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/21/facebook-ditches-another-fake-news-fighting-initiative/

As I understand it the signing of her yearbook wasn't fake. Moore apparently commonly signed his first name without the last. She added the last name, the place and the date. She should have said so from the beginning but that doesn't negate that he signed her yearbook. Obviously it isn't a crime to sign a yearbook. But he said he didn't know her at all and his signing of her yearbook negates that claim.

Oceander

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2017, 12:46:35 pm »

:bigsilly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 03:43:17 pm »
I reckon that depended on if you were a free black, or a slave black, or even a black slaveowner.

Nobody wants to make that distinction anymore.  I did on another thread (quoting Thomas Sowell), and our mutual friend tore me a new one for it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 03:47:08 pm »
As I understand it the signing of her yearbook wasn't fake. Moore apparently commonly signed his first name without the last. She added the last name, the place and the date. She should have said so from the beginning but that doesn't negate that he signed her yearbook. Obviously it isn't a crime to sign a yearbook. But he said he didn't know her at all and his signing of her yearbook negates that claim.

Yes, it does.  It's normal to apply the old phrase "Falsus in Uno, Falsus in Omnibus."  Judges instruct juries to consider that whenever a witness is caught lying. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2017, 04:05:56 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I worked with voter lists for over ten years so I know what is on there.  It would take an exit poll to ask your religion and know the color of your skin.  I just received my new voter card yesterday.  My date of birth is there, that I am female is there, the number of my voting precinct, the number district of State Senate, State Rep, Congressional district, city district, School district, State Board of Education.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2017, 04:16:18 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I worked with voter lists for over ten years so I know what is on there.  It would take an exit poll to ask your religion and know the color of your skin.  I just received my new voter card yesterday.  My date of birth is there, that I am female is there, the number of my voting precinct, the number district of State Senate, State Rep, Congressional district, city district, School district, State Board of Education.

I worked with them here in AZ as well.  The only additional information available (on Precinct "walking lists"), besides what's on your card, is whether or not you voted in the past Primary and General Elections.  That's it.  I know of no State in the nation that lists "Race" or even "Sex" of the cardholder.

Whatever is reported in these elections, such as "96% of black voters voted for Jones" is only sourced by exit polls, subject to the flaws we've mentioned.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 04:16:39 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.