Author Topic: Roy Moore isn't taking his loss well  (Read 4474 times)

Online DB

Re: Roy Moore isn't taking his loss well
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2017, 02:32:32 am »
As I have heard the story...this happened 40 years ago.

I will tell you that I don't remember the people in my class that I signed a yearbook for. Why would Moore?

The only thing the guy left off was "Have a great summer"

But that is if he signed it at all.

Then you say you don't remember instead of calling the person a liar and that you never knew them.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2017, 02:36:37 am »
@Smokin Joe

Ahhh,Cab Calloway! One of the early great showman performers. I have no idea who Seaborg was,and the only way I would cross the street to see Agnew would be if he were lying dead in the road after having been ran over by a garbage truck.

Yeah, one wonders just what @Smokin Joe was up to that created an opportunity to get Spiro Agnew's autograph?  My proudest autograph I personally collected?  One from Barbara Olson, telling me the country needs more "Cyber Liberty."  It's in the front of my copy of Hell to Pay.

Never going to see the likes of that one again. :crying:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2017, 02:49:23 am »
@sneakypete You decide:

At a September rally, Moore invoked slavery when describing what President Trump means when he says, "Make America great again."

Moore was asked by a black man at an Alabama campaign stop what the president means by the phrase, reports the Los Angeles Times. Moore replied:

"I think it was great at a time when families were united, even though we had slavery, they cared for one another," he said. "People were strong in the families. Our families were strong, our country had a direction, and we corrected many of the problems."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/12/12/sharia-law-slavery-6-roy-moores-most-memorable-quotes/943955001/

@DB

Ok,it sounds to me like he didn't say what they claimed he said. If he had just left the word "slavery" out everything would have been fine,but he didn't,and the political opposition took that molehill and turned it into a mountain. In other words,they spun a brain fart.

Since most of what he said were brain farts,that was low-hanging fruit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DB

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2017, 03:25:53 am »
@DB

Ok,it sounds to me like he didn't say what they claimed he said. If he had just left the word "slavery" out everything would have been fine,but he didn't,and the political opposition took that molehill and turned it into a mountain. In other words,they spun a brain fart.

Sticking the word "slavery" in there was no minor thing, especially when responding to a black person. Being a Republican he was already being called a racist and saying what he said only re-enforced that perception. For being a smart lawyer, he's suppose to know how to not put his foot in his mouth in a loaded environment.

Online DB

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2017, 03:36:16 am »
@DB

One more thing... Essentially Moore's response was the last time America was Great was when there was slavery... That strong families out weighed an era of slavery... How stupid is that, particularly when responding to a black person?

Sorry, I can't cut him any slack here. That was just plain wrong.

Offline berdie

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2017, 03:42:26 am »
Then you say you don't remember instead of calling the person a liar and that you never knew them.

I guess that would depend on what they were saying. :laugh:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2017, 06:58:28 am »
@Smokin Joe

Ahhh,Cab Calloway! One of the early great showman performers. I have no idea who Seaborg was,and the only way I would cross the street to see Agnew would be if he were lying dead in the road after having been ran over by a garbage truck.
Agnew was the last best governor of Maryland. It has been pretty much down hill after that. Glenn Seaborg won the Nobel for work on transUranium elements.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2017, 07:00:02 am »
Yeah, one wonders just what @Smokin Joe was up to that created an opportunity to get Spiro Agnew's autograph?  My proudest autograph I personally collected?  One from Barbara Olson, telling me the country needs more "Cyber Liberty."  It's in the front of my copy of Hell to Pay.

Spiro was running for Governor in MD, it was at a campaign thing.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2017, 07:08:34 am »
One more thing... Essentially Moore's response was the last time America was Great was when there was slavery... That strong families out weighed an era of slavery... How stupid is that, particularly when responding to a black person?

While I won't underestimate the allure of being free, there are a lot of modern ills, including the disintegration of families without any help except from the Federal Welfare massah, that just were not present in those days when families did not want to be separated. There were free blacks, educated blacks, and black slaveowners back then, too, and not every place was Uncle Tom's Cabin (which was a novel written by an abolitionist to promote the cause, and just might have contained a wee bit of hyperbole).

So list the social ills that are still present, the social ills unique to this age, and the ones which no longer exist, and it's a tossup in many ways, except for the being a slave thing.

Consider 150 years of freedom, and what many have (or have not) done with that gift.

And consider, too, that the Constitution and the whole relationship between the Federal and State Governments was different before the War Between the States.

Now, before you try to brand me a "racist", note that I do not approve of slavery. Period. And that I also know, slavery was not limited to black slaves, either.

Sorry, but I had to put that in, because Someone here already tried to brand me as a racist (which is complete bullsh*t).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 07:10:05 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2017, 07:11:50 am »
You can say you don't remember, but saying you never knew them (in a Biblical sense) would still be accurate. Most of us guys recall the women we bedded.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2017, 08:33:54 am »
While I won't underestimate the allure of being free, there are a lot of modern ills, including the disintegration of families without any help except from the Federal Welfare massah, that just were not present in those days when families did not want to be separated. There were free blacks, educated blacks, and black slaveowners back then, too, and not every place was Uncle Tom's Cabin (which was a novel written by an abolitionist to promote the cause, and just might have contained a wee bit of hyperbole).

So list the social ills that are still present, the social ills unique to this age, and the ones which no longer exist, and it's a tossup in many ways, except for the being a slave thing.

Consider 150 years of freedom, and what many have (or have not) done with that gift.

And consider, too, that the Constitution and the whole relationship between the Federal and State Governments was different before the War Between the States.

Now, before you try to brand me a "racist", note that I do not approve of slavery. Period. And that I also know, slavery was not limited to black slaves, either.

Sorry, but I had to put that in, because Someone here already tried to brand me as a racist (which is complete bullsh*t).

Can't you simply accept that Moore said some things that were pretty stupid for a politician trying to get elected to say? That he damaged himself in doing so? And yes there were numerous shenanigans being pulled in that election by friend and foe - but Moore damaged himself on how he responded to them and his past "search for purity" is disturbing to many people no matter how "normal" it was in the south 40 years ago. And in saying that I'm not saying Moore was a sexual predator. But it is a little strange and something many people cannot relate to. That has a cost when you asking for their vote. That is simple reality.

I have a lot of respect for you. You've earned it here. On Moore we're going to have to disagree. Again, Moore is not the hill to die on or burn relationships over.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2017, 01:28:09 pm »
Sticking the word "slavery" in there was no minor thing, especially when responding to a black person. Being a Republican he was already being called a racist and saying what he said only re-enforced that perception. For being a smart lawyer, he's suppose to know how to not put his foot in his mouth in a loaded environment.

@DB

I freely admit to knowing damn little about  him,but from what little I DO know,he is/was more of a politically connected lawyer than a smart one. Or a blood relative of someone who was connected enough to get him the appointment.

Of course being an attention whore means his brain farts draw more attention than his wise comments,but how smart CAN he be if he keep doing and saying this crap over and over?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2017, 01:30:18 pm »

@DB

As I said,low-hanging fruit,ready to be plucked.

I honestly don't think that is what he MEANT,though.

Then again,don't we already have enough dumbass Senators in office already? Why do we need another one?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2017, 01:35:19 pm »

@Smokin Joe

Agnew was the last best governor of Maryland. It has been pretty much down hill after that.

That's not saying anything positive about Maryland government. Agnew ALMOST reached the level of "Scum" on what passed for his "good days".

Then again,Md is a communist 3rd world country supported by US tax dollars,so what can we expect?

Glenn Seaborg won the Nobel for work on transUranium elements.

I only wish I had even a hint of what that really means. Kinda sounds like he was trying to make Uranium cross-dress and apply for a goobermint-funded operation.

Maybe I am spending too much time on political boards?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2017, 01:40:50 pm »

@Smokin Joe

In FACT,the VERY FIRST SLAVE OWNER in the English-speaking part of North America at that time was a BLACK man that came to Jamestown as an indentured servant. When he worked off his debt he was given land to farm like the other indentured servants that came here,and he paid to have his own indentured servant come to Virginia to help him farm tobacco. When the man worked his debt off and demanded he be freed,the man he owed money to took him to court and demanded he be made a slave,and won the case. IIRC,he took the English name of Johnson when he came to Jamestown,and he died as a wealthy owner of a horse farm in Maryland.

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2017, 02:17:34 pm »
Roy Moore is a jackass. The muslims and gays kept him from getting elected in AL? Try being absent on the campaign trail, sending out mentally defective spokespeople who couldn't defend any of the dumb things Moore said and the fact that Moore's excuses for the accusations changed faster than a mood ring.

Roy needs to dry up and blow away.

@Frank Cannon

I’d rather see him bounce and jerk into the sunset on the back of that horse he’d clearly ridden maybe twice.  That was comedy gold. 

Has anybody figured out the connection between being Southern and dressing Western?  It still eludes me.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2017, 02:25:26 pm »
@Frank Cannon

I’d rather see him bounce and jerk into the sunset on the back of that horse he’d clearly ridden maybe twice.  That was comedy gold. 

Has anybody figured out the connection between being Southern and dressing Western?  It still eludes me.

@CatherineofAragon
I don't know why but that made me think of the line from The Blues Brothers "Oh we got both kinds.  We got Country and Western!"

Silver Pines

« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2017, 02:35:51 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
I don't know why but that made me think of the line from The Blues Brothers "Oh we got both kinds.  We got Country and Western!"

@RoosGirl

Lol, that line nailed it.  Country is jeans and a trucker’s cap.  Western is self-explanatory.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2017, 02:43:44 pm »
@Frank Cannon

I’d rather see him bounce and jerk......

You want to see him do a dance from from the 60's? No wait. That was the Cool Jerk. Nevermind.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2017, 02:57:21 pm »
@Frank Cannon

@CatherineofAragon

Are you seriously trying to make a connection between reason/rationality and Moore?

Good luck with that one! Chances are your head will explode first.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2017, 03:03:16 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

@RoosGirl

That was a line from a  movie,and a line from a song. I THINK it was from a New Riders of the Purple Sage. If it wasn't,it should have been.

Give a listen to their Panama Red album for a taste of alternative country.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:13:19 pm by sneakypete »

Silver Pines

« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2017, 03:39:08 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Are you seriously trying to make a connection between reason/rationality and Moore?

Good luck with that one! Chances are your head will explode first.

@sneakypete

True.  He ain’t the brightest bulb on the tree light string.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2017, 03:45:05 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

BKO was indeed a very special lady.  It's too bad she was attached to the turd blossom she was.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:49:59 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2017, 04:10:31 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

BKO was indeed a very special lady.  It's too bad she was attached to the turd blossom she was.

Ted has been a bit of a disappointment since 9-11.  She must have been a stabilizer for him.  I know my wife does a lot to keep me on an even keel.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2017, 04:11:51 pm »
That's not saying anything positive about Maryland government. Agnew ALMOST reached the level of "Scum" on what passed for his "good days".

Then again,Md is a communist 3rd world country supported by US tax dollars,so what can we expect?

Well, there isn't much positive to say, at this point. That was 50 years ago, when there was some hope, but the government has been corrupt for so long it taught Washington a thing or two. When invasion was imminent, the Governor ordered the militia to put their gear in the armories and await call-up. When the invasion came, the governor, in cahoots with Lincoln, never issued the order, leaving the fine folks of Baltimore fighting the invasion with cobblestones. The first KIAs of the war were in the Pratt Street Riots, of the invading armies from the north.

I only wish I had even a hint of what that really means. Kinda sounds like he was trying to make Uranium cross-dress and apply for a goobermint-funded operation.

Maybe I am spending too much time on political boards?

Elements which were discovered by colliding atoms, essentially everything with an atomic number past Uranium, with half-lives too short to exist in long enough in nature to be found existing naturally. Essentially, every element after 92 (there are 118 now). Seaborg was in on that early, smashing atoms and coming up with new stuff.

C S Lewis