Author Topic: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election  (Read 90869 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election
« Reply #450 on: December 13, 2017, 09:22:25 am »
It would have helped if Moore hadn't shown himself to be an opponent of the Constitution, too. 

"No religious test? Who cares...prophet Roy's interpretation of the Bible trumps that worthless rag!"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #451 on: December 13, 2017, 10:12:51 am »
Roy Moore and a buddy are talking. Moore says “I’m Jesus Christ.”

His buddy cocked an eye at him and says, “You’re crazy!”

“I can prove it,” Moore says. His buddy says, “Okay, I’ll bite, prove it.”

Moore takes him into a bar, bartender says, “Jesus Christ, are you back again?!”

lol  :silly:

« Reply #452 on: December 13, 2017, 10:21:09 am »
OAN predicting Moore?   http://www.oann.com/roy-moore-wins-alabama-senate-seat/  Be cautious I guess.... when someone reports such.

One American News Now.

OANN nailed it first. :silly:

« Reply #453 on: December 13, 2017, 10:27:16 am »
What are you talking about?  We won't know who trump backed until the final count is in.
I love it! :silly:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #454 on: December 13, 2017, 10:42:12 am »
@edpc , you and the rest of the RINOs here joined democrats openly trashing Roy. While congress and democrats outspent something in the neighborhood of 12 to 1 against him.  Posters here spreading baseless horrible rumors against him for how many months now with no proof whatsoever? Truth, who needs that? I get the feeling the site manager here got pinged to post article after article that did nothing but spread the lies after someone got tired of doing it. There was few in Roy's corner except oddly enough Breitbart (who turned on Cruz) and a few outlier online news sites and the dyehard of us in Alabama. Trump hid from supporting Moore because his wee feelings got hurt over Strange's loss. Even Cruz disappointed. The Senate leadership never did help, they certainly didn't want Moore's views contrary to their own.

Mo Brooks I was actually proud of... (he was the one I said I could of voted for if Moore lost). There was so much that could of been pointed out in Moore's defense that just got laughed at here at TBR. I would try to point out things like how the black lady police officer's FB page showed she was radical. No response from most here or a flimpant remark discarding what I said and carefully researched. Nobody cared, Roy was just a Christian nut. Make a few more jokes at his expense.

What it shows me is that if the GOP has such disdain for Christian voters it hurts. There is no need for me to vote R anymore. Why vote, they are 99% of the time just going to mock us. I am actually glad I didn't vote for McCain or Romney. They were two of the chief mockers of Moore. Get spit at enough, you learn to stop empowering the phlegm flingers.

Let the GOP go on without me, they no longer care for my vote. They and you will get the world you so deserve, but it will not be one worth envisioning.

Yeah - those of us that ridiculed Moore are the most powerful satirists since Swift and Pope.   *****rollingeyes*****

You can find me on a couple threads about that cop, mocking her.  You can blame me for his loss if it makes you feel better, but I'm not a registered AL voter.  Not my fault half the people who voted in 2016 stayed home for this one in a state where Trump stomped Clinton by nearly 28 points.  There was no 30 point freefall for Roy because of anyone on TBR.  Where the money is concerned, Dems threw a lot of it at the special elections where seats were to be filled after Trump appointments.  They're 1-4 in that endeavor. 

Moore was the problem, not anyone or anything else you previously mentioned.  Take the sighin' and cryin' to him.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:58:03 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #455 on: December 13, 2017, 11:16:52 am »
At this point, if every write-in vote had gone for Moore (write-ins being in the 21,000 vote range), Moore would have won. It's close. Also, I heard a 25% voter turnout at one juncture, now I'm hearing 40%.

I lost the article but the stuff with Moore, being removed twice from the State Supreme Court, other comments, had the author questioning Roy Moore to begin with, forget the other.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #456 on: December 13, 2017, 11:21:31 am »
America dodged a bullet in Alabama last night.

A man who was twice removed from his state’s Supreme Court for defying judicial orders, who said Muslims should not be allowed to serve in elective office, who suggested the black family was better off under slavery, and who declared that homosexuality should be illegal — this man will not be in the United States Senate. Thank God.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/13/roy-moore-needed-to-lose-but-what-does-it-mean-for-2018/

Just posting, some of us were a bit uneasy from the get go, forget this other.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #457 on: December 13, 2017, 11:32:01 am »
I would think, the race is so close, within 2% points or even tighter, there should be an automatic recount.

Offline edpc

« Reply #458 on: December 13, 2017, 11:45:29 am »
I would think, the race is so close, within 2% points or even tighter, there should be an automatic recount.

AL election law says an automatic recount requires a margin of 0.5%.  We're currently outside that.  No idea if the number of uncounted absentee ballots outnumber the margin.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #459 on: December 13, 2017, 11:57:26 am »

Steve Bannon looks like the guy who comes to your house to give you a quote on repaving your driveway.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline edpc

« Reply #460 on: December 13, 2017, 12:01:55 pm »
Steve Bannon looks like the guy who comes to your house to give you a quote on repaving your driveway.

For a few extra bucks, he'll show you the flexibility Scaramucci spoke about.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:03:08 pm by edpc »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #461 on: December 13, 2017, 12:35:51 pm »
I just saw a stat that said African Americans came out in higher percentages for Jones than Obama. That tells me the Democrats dumped more money into buying votes for Jones than Obama.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #462 on: December 13, 2017, 12:49:34 pm »
So the reason why that Moore lost was because of:

1. Deep State
2. Mitch McConnell
3. The Media
4. GOPe
5. The Bilderbergers
6. Free Masons
7. The Stonecutters

Not because he was a s**tty candidate...

Ok..

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #463 on: December 13, 2017, 12:49:50 pm »
It would have helped if Moore hadn't shown himself to be an opponent of the Constitution, too. 

"No religious test? Who cares...prophet Roy's interpretation of the Bible trumps that worthless rag!"
Where did he oppose the Constitution?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #464 on: December 13, 2017, 12:50:54 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #465 on: December 13, 2017, 12:51:21 pm »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #466 on: December 13, 2017, 12:54:29 pm »
I just saw a stat that said African Americans came out in higher percentages for Jones than Obama. That tells me the Democrats dumped more money into buying votes for Jones than Obama.

I could also have had something to do with Moore having said Blacks were better off under slavery and agreeing with some local conspiracy loon talk show host that all the amendments after the 10th should be repealed.  :shrug:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #467 on: December 13, 2017, 12:59:38 pm »
There is no need for me to vote R anymore. Why vote, they are 99% of the time just going to mock us. I am actually glad I didn't vote for McCain or Romney. They were two of the chief mockers of Moore. Get spit at enough, you learn to stop empowering the phlegm flingers.

Let the GOP go on without me, they no longer care for my vote. They and you will get the world you so deserve, but it will not be one worth envisioning.

Then be gone.  You never supported the GOP to begin with, not if you didn't vote for McCain or Romney against Obama.    Why are you now so upset that so many couldn't get behind Moore?   Are your tender sensibilities all that matter?

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #468 on: December 13, 2017, 01:00:35 pm »
I could also have had something to do with Moore having said Blacks were better off under slavery and agreeing with some local conspiracy loon talk show host that all the amendments after the 10th should be repealed.  :shrug:

Of course.  Moore is just an amazing buffoon.   (His only rival may be Steve Bannon.) 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:01:24 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #469 on: December 13, 2017, 01:09:45 pm »
You can't make this stuff up:
Sheila Jackson Lee‏Verified account @JacksonLeeTX18

Sweet home Alabama. Thank you Alabamians and Doug Moore. Good has prevailed and our country is on the way to a new day #ikneel
10:48 PM - 12 Dec 2017
:silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #470 on: December 13, 2017, 01:13:09 pm »

Bingo.   While evangelicals were tripping over themselves defending Moore's dating of teenagers as just country courtin',   many old school conservatives were appalled by his disregard for the Constitution and the rule of law.   The Republican opposition to Moore was principled,  and grounded in the concern that promoting lawlessness was not the way to long-term success for the GOP and the conservative movement.   

Moore's defeat has several silver linings.   First,  it can fairly be portrayed as an anomaly,  a case of good conservatives (and good Christians) refusing to be sullied by voting for a certified nut.   Second,  evangelicals really, really stepped in it this time,  trading away their moral authority to defend the indefensible.   Third,  the result discredits Steve Bannon,  and by extension his alt-right barnacles.    Fourth,  a victory by Moore would have put the target on the backs of all Republicans running for election in 2018 - as well as President Trump.   The good people of Alabama did their job and rejected a man unfit for the Senate.   Now we don't need to endure the tawdry spectacle of an ethics investigation and the ugly and un-American prospect of overturning the will of the voters. 

Kudos to the good and reasoned people of the State of Alabama!   
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:15:10 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline edpc

« Reply #471 on: December 13, 2017, 01:16:17 pm »
@mountaineer

Sheila hasn’t been this happy since they rescued Matt Damon and the American flag from Mars.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:17:17 pm by edpc »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #472 on: December 13, 2017, 01:17:30 pm »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #473 on: December 13, 2017, 01:23:46 pm »
Yeah, well just comfort yourself with that thought when a Democrat-controlled Senate shitcans Trump's next SCOTUS pick.

Well, maybe the silver lining is Republicans refusing to allow the ends to justify the means will lead to better candidates and better solidarity down the road.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #474 on: December 13, 2017, 01:27:45 pm »
Perfect comeback?  No.  But I definitely would have made myself accessible to the voters and the press instead of hiding myself for months after botching a Sean Hannity interview.

Good point.   Many reacted to the Hannity interview with the distinct impression that Moore had something to hide.   

And then just two public appearances in the last week?   Sometimes running out the clock is a good strategy - but not under circumstances like this where the scent of victory had the Dems and their voters motivated.