Author Topic: Flabbergasted: Frank Luntz Shocked As Alabamians Back Roy Moore in Vice News Focus Group  (Read 2899 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Flabbergasted: Frank Luntz Shocked As Alabamians Back Roy Moore in Vice News Focus Group
Breitbart, Dec 9, 2017, Matthew Boyle

MONTGOMERY, Alabama — Frank Luntz, a GOP establishment messaging consultant, was visibly flabbergasted as every single one of his focus group participants in a Birmingham area Vice News-produced panel backed Judge Roy Moore for U.S. Senate.

Titled “Why These Alabama Voters Are Sticking By Roy Moore,” Luntz’s Vice News focus group aired on Vice News Tonight on Dec. 8 on HBO.

“Are you all Christians here?” Luntz opens the seven-and-a-half-minute long segment. “Yes,” all of the focus group participants, who joined Luntz in a Birmingham area restaurant, replied.

More with video:  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/09/flabbergasted-frank-luntz-shocked-as-alabamians-back-roy-moore-in-vice-news-focus-group/

Online Right_in_Virginia

The short (7 minute) video included here http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/09/flabbergasted-frank-luntz-shocked-as-alabamians-back-roy-moore-in-vice-news-focus-group/  encapsulates the debate that has been ongoing on this very site.

I'll let each viewer decide which side Luntz represents.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
More damn deplorables. Another whole basket full.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jpsb

Luntz is a Bush bot. Screw him.

Offline Hoodat

Luntz should travel outside the Beltway sometime.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Luntz is a Bush bot. Screw him.

I don't like Luntz but why bring Bush into this?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
At that point, Porter chimed back in: “Let’s be real. It was a different world. Forty years ago in Alabama, people could get married at 13 and 14 years old.”

“Yeah,” Wade said.

Rhonda Richardson, a nursing assistant, said she dated older men when she was 16-years-old.

“I dated an older man at 16,” she said. “So we don’t really—“

“How old was he?” Luntz asked.

“Thirty-one,” she responded, the same age group in which Moore was accused of engaging in this various behavior.

Molesting
Adolecents
Gains
Acceptance

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The short (7 minute) video included here http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/09/flabbergasted-frank-luntz-shocked-as-alabamians-back-roy-moore-in-vice-news-focus-group/  encapsulates the debate that has been ongoing on this very site.

I'll let each viewer decide which side Luntz represents.

I've never seen Luntz so pained and bewildered.  It was pretty funny.  And how fat is Luntz now? Oh, my gosh.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The guy was behaving like a fool. I was actually insulted when he looked at the group and demanded, "Why are there no Black people here?" He was indirectly calling them all racists by saying that, as if it was somehow their fault that no Black people showed up.

Didn't he and his crew choose the panel. The question should be directed at him. Why didn't YOU choose any Black people to be here? Dumbass!

What an empty headed Liberal idiot.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
At that point, Porter chimed back in: “Let’s be real. It was a different world. Forty years ago in Alabama, people could get married at 13 and 14 years old.”

“Yeah,” Wade said.

Rhonda Richardson, a nursing assistant, said she dated older men when she was 16-years-old.

“I dated an older man at 16,” she said. “So we don’t really—“

“How old was he?” Luntz asked.

“Thirty-one,” she responded, the same age group in which Moore was accused of engaging in this various behavior.

Molesting
Adolecents
Gains
Acceptance

Roy Moore is suing his accusers!

https://twitter.com/RoyMooreSenate/status/939314017079840768?s=04
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

The guy was behaving like a fool. I was actually insulted when he looked at the group and demanded, "Why are there no Black people here?" He was indirectly calling them all racists by saying that, as if it was somehow their fault that no Black people showed up.

Didn't he and his crew choose the panel. The question should be directed at him. Why didn't YOU choose any Black people to be here? Dumbass!

A southern man don't need him around, anyhow.

Offline edpc

Roy Moore is suing his accusers!

Fantastic - is it all of the women or just a few?  He's not specific in the tweet.  If he only sues one or sues them all, he'll still have to explain this.....

“Let me state once again: I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone.”

Besides, that announcement has very little to do with the group rationalizing I was referring to in the previous post.

Also, it’s a fake Moore account.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1TjCphXE
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 08:10:31 am by edpc »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Disgraceful performance by Luntz.  All of his chins were quivering at the fact that these hicks didn't seem to understand what he was saying.

They weren't hicks at all and expressed themselves well.  What a Comeuppance for this fake.

Offline RoosGirl

I didn't see one person in the room younger than 50 either.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I didn't see one person in the room younger than 50 either.

The panel was certainly far from random. I don't know if the intent was to imply that all Moore supporters are old White people, but that's how it looked.

The whole thing was a farce.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

The panel was certainly far from random. I don't know if the intent was to imply that all Moore supporters are old White people, but that's how it looked.

The whole thing was a farce.

Didn't Luntz pick the panel?  Most of the people were middle-aged with a few more elderly but not many young people. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

I hope Neil Young Will remember.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Right_in_Virginia

Didn't Luntz pick the panel?  Most of the people were middle-aged with a few more elderly but not many young people.

Yes, @Emjay  Luntz picks the panel.  I suspect he thought this group of middle-agers and older would be outraged by the reports about Moore in the media.  Once again, Luntz takes one in the gut. 

Frank Luntz‏Verified accountï‚™ @FrankLuntz 
In case I wasn't clear enough from my previous tweets:  Hillary Clinton will be the next President of the United States.  #ElectionNight
3:43 PM - 8 Nov 2016  from Manhattan, NY

https://twitter.com/frankluntz/status/796136199706574848?lang=en

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Story says this was on "Vice" (Far left, pro-gay cable network.  They canceled "History 2" for this), so I suspect he knew they'd be Moore supporters, and was counting on making them look like a bunch of hayseeds straight out of Mayberry.  Apparently they laid him out when he tried it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

Story says this was on "Vice" (Far left, pro-gay cable network.  They canceled "History 2" for this), so I suspect he knew they'd be Moore supporters, and was counting on making them look like a bunch of hayseeds straight out of Mayberry.  Apparently they laid him out when he tried it.

Yep - when Ms. Richardson admitted to dating a 31 year old at 16, she sure dispelled any notions of being backwards.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Yep - when Ms. Richardson admitted to dating a 31 year old at 16, she sure dispelled any notions of being backwards.
Stay classy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

Stay classy.

There was a time in this country when a man in his 30s discovered to be involved with a 16 year old was correctly derided as a creep - like Buttafucco.

Stay thirsty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Well I am flabbergasted that Frank still gets away with that rat fur on his bald head.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There was a time when we recognized different parts of the country had different attitudes about things, but apparently not when it gives some an opportunity to knock others as being "backwards."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There was a time in this country when a man in his 30s discovered to be involved with a 16 year old was correctly derided as a creep - like Buttafucco.
I think the woman in question proves you're wrong.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024