Author Topic: Roy Moore spokeswoman: Voters must remember there are women who 'have not accused the judge of any s  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
:huh?:

Yeah, what?  Feel assured that there are still women that Moore didn't get to.  Great Spokesperson! LOL!!

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

A spokeswoman for Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore’s campaign said Tuesday voters need to remember there are women who haven’t accused the conservative judge of sexual misconduct.

“We need to make it clear that there’s a group of non-accusers that have not accused the judge of any sexual misconduct or anything illegal,” Janet Porter, a spokeswoman for the campaign, told CNN.

Judge Moore has shown tremendous restraint and great judgement  in just molesting the 2 girls...neither of whom, I'll point out, are close family members, so I think he will represent the people of Alabama well.

Online DB

Dating young ladies above the age of consent isn't a crime. What allegation?

You are making the man's actions out to be criminal when they are not. That's bogus.
When he denies knowing the ones who do make allegations (all two of them) of misconduct which could be construed as criminal, that isn't the same as saying he didn't know people who aren't alleging he did anything wrong.

There are a lot of things that are not illegal. Not being illegal doesn't make it a moral or ethical thing to do. Not being illegal isn't my standard of acceptable behavior and I don't believe it is yours either.

Online DB

No, I don't think so.  On the other hand, you could be right.  I stayed away for a week waiting for a day when no Moore posts would appear on the front page. 

I decided that wasn't gonna happen until somebody drops a house on @CatherineofAragon so I came back.

This is the worst obsession I've ever seen on TBR.  It makes the anti-Trump obsession look like a lover's quarrel.

Totally weird.

Short memory.

Silver Pines

No, I don't think so.  On the other hand, you could be right.  I stayed away for a week waiting for a day when no Moore posts would appear on the front page. 

I decided that wasn't gonna happen until somebody drops a house on @CatherineofAragon so I came back.

This is the worst obsession I've ever seen on TBR.  It makes the anti-Trump obsession look like a lover's quarrel.

Totally weird.

@Emjay

Pipe down and go put a Christmas sweater on your dog, you old dragon.

Silver Pines

It's almost funny how you put so many words around phrases like 'in short' and 'simple English' to justify your convoluted conclusions.  The man changed his story and lied because he's now embarrassed about dating teens in his 30s, knew it would bring unwanted attention, and possibly cost him votes.  End of story.

@edpc

Somebody better check out this spokeswoman’s background and how she came to work for Moore.

Odds are he met her when she was waiting for the school bus and he drove by to ask if she’d like some candy.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There are a lot of things that are not illegal. Not being illegal doesn't make it a moral or ethical thing to do. Not being illegal isn't my standard of acceptable behavior and I don't believe it is yours either.
Acceptable behaviour included meeting the family and getting approval--regardless of age difference. That was done. In the one instance the family did not approve, nothing happened, end of story. That's pretty normal for the place and time, and I experienced that when the father of a girl I had taken a shine to said "No.". End of story, you just didn't go against that--to do so would damage the reputation of both parties--and reputation was important. How "moral" that is is something determined by the parents involved. This is 40 years ago in Alabama, not today. Ethics deal with legalities and those were observed as well.

Apparently (with the exception of the allegations of two) those amenities were observed.

Also, I think there is a problem with "dating" as a concept here. Was that grabbing a burger at the local burger joint, taking in a movie? Not the same as 'hooking up' is today--again, we're looking at 40 years ago.

What I am seeing here is a distressing tendency to judge by today's environment. It is readily apparent that some of those here unfortunately did not experience a date with men who weren't foreign (Russian Hands and Roman fingers). The rush to damnation is phenomenal with people who pay lip service to the Constitution when it suits them, especially with such transparent political motives and timing. Considering the number of elections Moore has been through, it also seems odd that this only comes up after the WaPo goes down there digging for dirt, and it seems odd that Moore apparently only dated future rabid Democrats, but maybe opposites really do attract.  :shrug:

My bet is that the complaints disappear after the election, just like the 'grassroots' organizations which commonly oppose in-state initiated measures, but are funded and staffed by people from out of state.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

Acceptable behaviour included meeting the family and getting approval--regardless of age difference. That was done. In the one instance the family did not approve, nothing happened, end of story. That's pretty normal for the place and time, and I experienced that when the father of a girl I had taken a shine to said "No.". End of story, you just didn't go against that--to do so would damage the reputation of both parties--and reputation was important. How "moral" that is is something determined by the parents involved. This is 40 years ago in Alabama, not today. Ethics deal with legalities and those were observed as well.

Apparently (with the exception of the allegations of two) those amenities were observed.

Also, I think there is a problem with "dating" as a concept here. Was that grabbing a burger at the local burger joint, taking in a movie? Not the same as 'hooking up' is today--again, we're looking at 40 years ago.

What I am seeing here is a distressing tendency to judge by today's environment. It is readily apparent that some of those here unfortunately did not experience a date with men who weren't foreign (Russian Hands and Roman fingers). The rush to damnation is phenomenal with people who pay lip service to the Constitution when it suits them, especially with such transparent political motives and timing. Considering the number of elections Moore has been through, it also seems odd that this only comes up after the WaPo goes down there digging for dirt, and it seems odd that Moore apparently only dated future rabid Democrats, but maybe opposites really do attract.  :shrug:

My bet is that the complaints disappear after the election, just like the 'grassroots' organizations which commonly oppose in-state initiated measures, but are funded and staffed by people from out of state.

I was going to high school in the late 70's. I don't recall that being normal or acceptable behavior from that time. I find it pretty damn odd.

Online Smokin Joe

I was going to high school in the late 70's. I don't recall that being normal or acceptable behavior from that time. I find it pretty damn odd.
You find it odd that a man asked the father's permission to take his daughter out?
I have a fair idea you didn't grow up on the same side of the Mason Dixon Line I did.

It was only the 'free range' kids whose parents didn't have a say.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
You find it odd that a man asked the father's permission to take his daughter out?

I find it odd the man and father may have potentially been on the same high school football team - or played against each other.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:14:17 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Smokin Joe

I find it odd the man and father may have potentially been on the same high school football team - or played against each other.
That would have made daddy pretty young when he became a daddy, ya think?

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

Judge Moore has shown tremendous restraint and great judgement  in just molesting the 2 girls...neither of whom, I'll point out, are close family members, so I think he will represent the people of Alabama well.

Still casting stones,  eh?   And on nothing more than accusations?   

Deliberative you are not. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

That would have made daddy pretty young when he became a daddy, ya think?

Could have been 20-22.  My parents were in that range when my oldest sibling was born.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:12:15 pm by edpc »

Online Smokin Joe

Could have been 20-22.  My parents were in that range when my oldest sibling was born.
Do the math. Moore is 32, she is 17, 32-17=15. If they played on the same High School football team, daddy hit it young (and was a daddy before he graduated).

The assertion that they could have played on the same team or on opposing teams is just another gob of poo.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

Do the math. Moore is 32, she is 17, 32-17=15. If they played on the same High School football team, daddy hit it young (and was a daddy before he graduated).

The assertion that they could have played on the same team or on opposing teams is just another gob of poo.

Except in the case of Gibson, he was 34 when they dated.  Subtract 17 from 34 and 17 is the result.  Now, since there's 4 years in high school, there can be that much of an age difference between people who attended the same school at the same time.  Perhaps even another year if they were held back.

Moore was 34, so it's entirely possible the parent could have been 38 and in an age range where he'd fall within that criteria.  When you subtract 17 from 38, you get 21. 

So, good job on the math, Copernicus.

Offline roamer_1

I was in high school in the 70's and both the party crowd and the gals approached with courting methods were present. I have done the courting thing, and @Smokin Joe is right on point. Courting a gal is an entirely different experience.

Online Smokin Joe

Except in the case of Gibson, he was 34 when they dated.  Subtract 17 from 34 and 17 is the result.  Now, since there's 4 years in high school, there can be that much of an age difference between people who attended the same school at the same time.  Perhaps even another year if they were held back.

Moore was 34, so it's entirely possible the parent could have been 38 and in an age range where he'd fall within that criteria.  When you subtract 17 from 38, you get 21. 

So, good job on the math, Copernicus.
JV doesn't play Varsity, genius. freshmen and sophomores seldom get on the Varsity team.
My math was good, but you're assuming daddy was getting a High School draft deferment....
Thanks for playing, though.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:40:58 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

JV doesn't play Varsity, genius. freshmen and sophomores seldom get on the Varsity team.
My math was good, but you're assuming daddy was getting a High School draft deferment....
Thanks for playing, though.

I played varsity football and lacrosse in 9th grade. Not because I was great, but because the school was small and the town was similar in population size to Gadsden in his era.  My original point was it was possible - which it is.

Again, using Gibson as an example, she was born in 1964.  So a parent of someone born that year who was 21 would have been eligible for both the marriage and father deferment.  That assumes he just hadn’t joined on his own at 18 in 1961, anyway, then married not long after.

All you’ve managed to demonstrate is major suckage at math and history.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:16:45 am by edpc »

Online Smokin Joe

I played varsity football and lacrosse in 9th grade. Not because I was great, but because the school was small and the town was similar in population size to Gadsden in his era.  My original point was it was possible - which it is.

Again, using Gibson as an example, she was born in 1964.  So a parent of someone born that year who was 21 would have been eligible for both the marriage and father deferment.  That assumes he just hadn’t joined on his own at 18 in 1961, anyway, then married not long after.

All you’ve managed to demonstrate is major suckage at math and history.
Unlike you feelings folks, I like facts. Kindly examine the population figures at the link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden,_Alabama  If your town (just a little smaller than 53K) couldn't field a full varsity team without using freshmen, either you were well connected, very good as a player, or there is something in the water supply or genetics there that make fielding a team of capable upperclassmen difficult. Gadsen's population has been declining since 1960, so like using current social behaviours and comparing them to then, using the population numbers from 2016 will distort your view, also.

The suckage is all yours. You Jones supporters are a hoot.

Dredge up 40 year old nonsense, wave it around as if it is gospel, apply ridiculous pejoratives, condemn a man on the basis of a highly questionable account of ancient history, and pat yourself on the back.

So, there pal, give me some facts, not suppositions. How old was Gibson's dad, and were they the same age? Cite your sources before you go throwing aspersions like accusations.

Did Roy Moore even play football in High School?

Maybe y'all should go tell Wikipedia they got it wrong, too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore
Marriage and children

Moore met his wife, Kayla Kisor, when she was a teenager performing at a dance recital. In his 2005 autobiography, Moore described his reaction, writing: "I knew Kayla was going to be a special person in my life."[27] Years later, Moore and Kisor met again at a Christmas party. She was then a divorced mother. They married a year later in 1985 when Moore was 38 and Kisor was 24. They have four adult children.[28]

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

Maybe y'all should go tell Wikipedia they got it wrong, too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore

They did get it wrong.  When they met again years later at the Christmas party, she had only been separated for a few weeks and did not get divorced until the following spring.  We know that now, because of the court records and Moore's accounts of the timeline.  You understand Wikipedia is a nice reference, but not a definitive source, right?  Are you going to believe court records and Roy, or dubious and anonymous site editors?  It's nice to know, however, as a 29 year old man he knew a 15 year old girl would someday be important in his life after seeing her at a recital.  That speaks volumes.

The area where I grew up was about 2/3 the size of 1960s Gadsden.  Due to demographics and district lines of the day, the school had less than 600 total students. Many residents were young military, with very young/no children or military retirees, with adult children, living near the local bases.  Active duty transfers made the area population cycle up and down, especially around a TRADOC post.

My freshman and sophomore years, we didn't have enough players for JV and Varsity.  Mostly, because the other fall sports drew enough away to leave us just short of fielding two full, realistically staffed teams.  Those who didn't make the cut more or less formed a practice squad to have experience when they either made the team on their own merit, or became upper classmen.  Some joined during the season, due to injuries on the active squad.

Yes - I was good at athletics and academics.  Not great, but good enough that my first two years of college were mostly paid for by the Cesky Scholarship Fund for scholar athletes.  My academics came from my ICU nurse mother and my athleticism from my career military father.

As for whether Moore played any sports in high school, I don't know.  I used football, because it's Alabama and the legendary Bear Bryant was coaching there at the time.  My point was, as I had previously said.....it possible he could have been in school with the father of a girl he had sought to date.  I don't know the age of Gibson's parents.  She's the example I used, because of the math and plausibility around the circumstances.  We've been over that.

You're delving into minutiae and non-existent gotchas because you've embarrassed yourself repeatedly.  Just stop.  I'm almost starting to feel badly for you.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:33:48 am by edpc »

Online Smokin Joe

They did get it wrong.  When they met again years later at the Christmas party, she had only been separated for a few weeks and did not get divorced until the following spring.  We know that now, because of the court records and Moore's accounts of the timeline.  You understand Wikipedia is a nice reference, but not a definitive source, right?  Are you going to believe court records and Roy, or dubious and anonymous site editors?  It's nice to know, however, as a 29 year old man he knew a 15 year old girl would someday be important in his life after seeing her at a recital.  That speaks volumes.

The area where I grew up was about 2/3 the size of 1960s Gadsden.  Due to demographics and district lines of the day, the school had less than 600 total students. Many residents were young military, with very young/no children or military retirees, with adult children, living near the local bases.  Active duty transfers made the area population cycle up and down, especially around a TRADOC post.

My freshman and sophomore years, we didn't have enough players for JV and Varsity.  Mostly, because the other fall sports drew enough away to leave us just short of fielding two full, realistically staffed teams.  Those who didn't make the cut more or less formed a practice squad to have experience when they either made the team on their own merit, or became upper classmen.  Some joined during the season, due to injuries on the active squad.

Yes - I was good at athletics and academics.  Not great, but good enough that my first two years of college were mostly paid for by the Cesky Scholarship Fund for scholar athletes.  My academics came from my ICU nurse mother and my athleticism from my career military father.

As for whether Moore played any sports in high school, I don't know.  I used football, because it's Alabama and the legendary Bear Bryant was coaching there at the time.  My point was, as I had previously said.....it possible he could have been in school with the father of a girl he had sought to date.  I don't know the age of Gibson's parents.  She's the example I used, because of the math and plausibility around the circumstances.  We've been over that.

You're delving into minutiae and non-existent gotchas because you've embarrassed yourself repeatedly.  Just stop.  I'm almost starting to feel badly for you.
Yet here you are following me down the road to ridiculous minutia land, when the whole issue is primarily founded on not credible claims of illegality, but minutiae blown out of proportion.

Embarrassed? Oh, Hell, no! Not in the least. I find it interesting to see just how far you Jones supporters are willing to go to malign Roy Moore. The people of Alabama will speak in a couple of days.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

Yet here you are following me down the road to ridiculous minutia land, when the whole issue is primarily founded on not credible claims of illegality, but minutiae blown out of proportion.

Embarrassed? Oh, Hell, no! Not in the least. I find it interesting to see just how far you Jones supporters are willing to go to malign Roy Moore. The people of Alabama will speak in a couple of days.

Again, you wander into the irrelevant.  I never delved into the criminal accusations.  My point was he lied about dating teen girls.  He did.  That's been demonstrated.  He maligns himself with evasion, false amnesia, and prevarication.

Your name might be Smokin Joe, but you're no verbal Frazier.  Any neutral party viewing this exchange and comparing it to a boxing match would reach the obvious conclusion.  I'm Jack Dempsey and your some poor kid whose mother took thalidomide.

You seem to be the childish last word type, so go ahead and reply with something inane, incorrect, and unrelated to stay consistent.  You 'win.'  Make sure to keep checking the mailbox for your GOPBR and Moore prizes.