Author Topic: Romney: Moore serving in Senate would be 'stain on the GOP and on the nation'  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Applewood

Let's be honest here. Romney isn't from UT. He wasn't born in UT. He doesn't reside full time in UT. There is only one reason in the world why he is running for Senate there......

He is no different than Carpetbagger Hitlary when she ran for Senate in NY instead of Arkansas because she had NYC Libs all sewed up. It's pathetic and shows he is just as weak as ever.

Yeah, I thought Romney resided in Mass. and wondered how he could run in Utah.  Sorry, but I don't keep up with the life events of liberals like Romney. 

Sounds to me like he's shopping for a state with voters dumb enough to elect him.  Sadly, in Utah, as a Mormon, he probably will get more than enough votes to win. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney said Monday a victory for Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore would be “a stain on the GOP and on the nation,” hours after President Trump endorsed Moore.

Mostly a stain on the GOP.   Why else did the Dems pressure Franken to resign even though he says he didn't do anything wrong?  As Franken said, he resigned "to be respectful of the broader conversation".  Ha!  The Dems want to wave the bloody shirt with Moore, because their larger target is Trump himself.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
If we are going to go back to the 1980's to find something wrong, let's go back to the 1880's when Romney's ancestors were polygamists.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Mostly a stain on the GOP.   Why else did the Dems pressure Franken to resign even though he says he didn't do anything wrong?  As Franken said, he resigned "to be respectful of the broader conversation".  Ha!  The Dems want to wave the bloody shirt with Moore, because their larger target is Trump himself.
He didn't resign.  You are reading fake news.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Since I REFUSE to be lead around by the nose by the media and have taken an objective look at Roy Moore's ENTIRE life of service to his country and state I would absolutely LOVE for my daughter to have the opportunity of working with him as a United States Senator!

I agree.  I would gladly have my daughter working with him.

I can (kinda) understand the unhinged women around here who have gone full crazy on accusing Roy Moore on laughably flimsy and suspicious allegations.

But you guys should think twice because twenty years ago you might have offended a democrat gal who can't wait to get back at you and needs money.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The case against Roy Moore gets weaker and more suspicious.  I think the dems dropped their bombshell too soon.

They should have waited until there was no time to investigate or refute it.

Here is a 'bombshell' story on Breitbart where one of the accusers admits to lying the the other two are exposed as having fake stories.

And, by the way, just as we suspected the yearbook thing was a total hoax.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/08/bombshell-roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-yearbook/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
Modify message
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The case against Roy Moore gets weaker and more suspicious.  I think the dems dropped their bombshell too soon.

They should have waited until there was no time to investigate or refute it.

Here is a 'bombshell' story on Breitbart where one of the accusers admits to lying the the other two are exposed as having fake stories.

And, by the way, just as we suspected the yearbook thing was a total hoax.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/08/bombshell-roy-moore-accuser-admits-forged-yearbook/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
Modify message

@Emjay

Do you EVER check your pings?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien