Author Topic: Roy Moore spokeswoman: Voters must remember there are women who 'have not accused the judge of any s  (Read 2523 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Roy Moore spokeswoman: Voters must remember there are women who 'have not accused the judge of any sexual misconduct'
by Melissa Quinn | Dec 5, 2017, 10:29 AM

A spokeswoman for Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore’s campaign said Tuesday voters need to remember there are women who haven’t accused the conservative judge of sexual misconduct.

“We need to make it clear that there’s a group of non-accusers that have not accused the judge of any sexual misconduct or anything illegal,” Janet Porter, a spokeswoman for the campaign, told CNN. “But when we’re talking about Leigh Corfman, even her own mother said that her report to the Washington Post, that her life spiraled out of control after this alleged incident, well actually the court records say differently.”

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/roy-moore-spokeswoman-voters-must-remember-there-are-women-who-have-not-accused-the-judge-of-any-sexual-misconduct/article/2642570
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
“We need to make it clear that there’s a group of non-accusers that have not accused the judge of any sexual misconduct or anything illegal,”

:huh?:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:huh?:
Women who said they knew Moore when they were young, he knew the family, etc. They were padded into the Post's mix.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“We need to make it clear that there’s a group of non-accusers that have not accused the judge of any sexual misconduct or anything illegal,” Janet Porter, a spokeswoman for the campaign, told CNN. “But when we’re talking about Leigh Corfman, even her own mother said that her report to the Washington Post, that her life spiraled out of control after this alleged incident, well actually the court records say differently.”

Yeah, but he went out of his way to lie about them, anyway.

November 10th

Hannity went through the Post story and detailed the allegations of the four accusers. Moore claimed to know two of four, but denied any instance of misconduct with either. In response to the allegations involving Debbie Wesson Gibson, Moore said, "I don't remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go out on dates, then we did. But I don't remember that."

November 27th

“The allegations are completely false. They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women.”

November 29th

“Let me state once again: I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone.”
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 05:03:55 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Smokin Joe

November 10th

Hannity went through the Post story and detailed the allegations of the four accusers. Moore claimed to know two of four, but denied any instance of misconduct with either. In response to the allegations involving Debbie Wesson Gibson, Moore said, "I don't remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go out on dates, then we did. But I don't remember that."

November 27th

“The allegations are completely false. They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women.”

November 29th

“Let me state once again: I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone.”
If they were not accusing him of anything, (Gibson wasn't) they were not making allegations, and thus not included in the group who were making allegations.

AFAIK, Gibson did not make any allegations against Moore, ergo, she is not included in that group of women who were making allegations.

Simple English. It is not difficult to parse, unless you are determined to make Moore out to be a liar.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:09:15 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

Women who said they knew Moore when they were young, he knew the family, etc. They were padded into the Post's mix.

The lying New York Media cabal routinely claims there are "eight"  accusers.  No,  there are only two,  and both of them have serious problems with their stories.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
“We need to make it clear that there’s a group of non-accusers that have not accused the judge of any sexual misconduct or anything illegal,”

With supporters and spokespeople like this, who needs opponents? 

Offline DiogenesLamp

November 10th

November 27th

November 29th

I do not see any of his statements as being in conflict.   To his recollection,   he did not date any of these women.   Again,  this was 38 YEARS AGO   and he probably doesn't recognize any of them.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

I do not see any of his statements as being in conflict.

Then you obviously didn't read them.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. This is the best spin doctor ever. This woman deserves an award.

Offline edpc

If they were not accusing him of anything, (Gibson wasn't) they were not making allegations, and thus not included in the group who were making allegations.

AFAIK, Gibson did not make any allegations against Moore, ergo, she is not included in that group of women who were making allegations.

Simple English. It is not difficult to parse, unless you are determined to make Moore out to be a liar.

It's almost funny how you put so many words around phrases like 'in short' and 'simple English' to justify your convoluted conclusions.  The man changed his story and lied because he's now embarrassed about dating teens in his 30s, knew it would bring unwanted attention, and possibly cost him votes.  End of story.

Online Smokin Joe

It's almost funny how you put so many words around phrases like 'in short' and 'simple English' to justify your convoluted conclusions.  The man changed his story and lied because he's now embarrassed about dating teens in his 30s, knew it would bring unwanted attention, and possibly cost him votes.  End of story.
Dating young ladies above the age of consent isn't a crime. What allegation?

You are making the man's actions out to be criminal when they are not. That's bogus.
When he denies knowing the ones who do make allegations (all two of them) of misconduct which could be construed as criminal, that isn't the same as saying he didn't know people who aren't alleging he did anything wrong.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

Then you obviously didn't read them.

I didn't read them with the intention of interpreting them as deliberate lies,   as you apparently have.   

Years ago I got into a discussion with my father in which he said "If someone tells you something that is not true,  that person is a "liar."   "   

To which I responded,   " A "liar"  is someone who tells you something that they know is untrue.   People who are mistaken are not liars."     

See the difference?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

You are making the man's actions out to be criminal when they are not. That's bogus.
When he denies knowing the ones who do make allegations (all two of them) of misconduct which could be construed as criminal, that isn't the same as saying he didn't know people who aren't alleging he did anything wrong.

First, I made no allegation.  I said the man lied.  He did.

Second, I never said his lying was criminal.

Third, I've provided quotes and links for you in this thread and others.  They say what they say, despite your desperate reinterpretations.

Finally, you have an odd habit of replying to me with off brand, tangential BS that doesn't address the previous point.  I'm having an increasingly difficult time discerning if that's due to obstinacy or retardation.

Offline edpc

I didn't read them with the intention of interpreting them as deliberate lies,   as you apparently have.   

Years ago I got into a discussion with my father in which he said "If someone tells you something that is not true,  that person is a "liar."   "   

To which I responded,   " A "liar"  is someone who tells you something that they know is untrue.   People who are mistaken are not liars."     

See the difference?

That'd be true if he had not said what he did on the radio with Sean, then say something completely different later, then reinforce it two days later.  That's not a mistake.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Oh, well that clears it up.  I thought he pursued every woman in Alabama, but there are some he did not approach.

Offline DiogenesLamp

That'd be true if he had not said what he did on the radio with Sean, then say something completely different later, then reinforce it two days later.  That's not a mistake.

On Hannity he said he didn't remember.   Perhaps he remembers now,  but not correctly?   

There is more than one way to regard his statements without painting them as deliberate lies. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

First, I made no allegation.  I said the man lied.  He did.

Second, I never said his lying was criminal.

Third, I've provided quotes and links for you in this thread and others.  They say what they say, despite your desperate reinterpretations.

Finally, you have an odd habit of replying to me with off brand, tangential BS that doesn't address the previous point.  I'm having an increasingly difficult time discerning if that's due to obstinacy or retardation.

Guessing you've taken the Moore bumper sticker off your car.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Technically it is in some cases. Everyone is focused on the age of consent issue regarding statutory rape, but the real issue is actually in many States, including Alabama, it is illegal for someone in a position of government authority (assistant DA would fall under that) to even date someone in High School or younger. 

It is the same legal issue that is getting many of these teachers in trouble for dating younger students even though sex wasn't involved.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:24:48 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline edpc

Guessing you've taken the Moore bumper sticker off your car.

Wanted to put this one on, but I get a car allowance from the company.  Stipulations are I keep it clean, with no advertising or endorsing.  Oh, well......

Online Smokin Joe

Technically it is in some cases. Everyone is focused on the age of consent issue regarding statutory rape, but the real issue is actually in many States, including Alabama, it is illegal for someone in a position of government authority (assistant DA would fall under that) to even date someone in High School or younger. 

It is the same legal issue that is getting many of these teachers in trouble for dating younger students even though sex wasn't involved.
No, it isn't the same issue. Moore is not over these young ladies in a supervisory role. With teachers, there is the supervisor/supervised, a relationship which can be compromised. Or haven't you heard of 'a lay for an A'? The teachers are there to oversee and educate their students, with the provision they not fraternize.

If there is a law that puts the relationship between an assistant DA and the female population in that situation, as opposed to any other fellow in the state (aside from school personnel), then please produce the law for Alabama.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

Roy Moore spokeswoman: Voters must remember there are women who 'have not accused the judge of any sexual misconduct'
by Melissa Quinn | Dec 5, 2017, 10:29 AM

A spokeswoman for Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore’s campaign said Tuesday voters need to remember there are women who haven’t accused the conservative judge of sexual misconduct.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/roy-moore-spokeswoman-voters-must-remember-there-are-women-who-have-not-accused-the-judge-of-any-sexual-misconduct/article/2642570

LOL

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
By this time next week, it'll all be over but the shoutin'...

Offline Frank Cannon

By this time next week, it'll all be over but the shoutin'...

LOL. You wish. There is going to be fighting over Roy Moore on this forum until the website is bought out by an UK Kitchen company with fantastic deals on cabinets.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
LOL. You wish. There is going to be fighting over Roy Moore on this forum until the website is bought out by an UK Kitchen company with fantastic deals on cabinets.

No, I don't think so.  On the other hand, you could be right.  I stayed away for a week waiting for a day when no Moore posts would appear on the front page. 

I decided that wasn't gonna happen until somebody drops a house on @CatherineofAragon so I came back.

This is the worst obsession I've ever seen on TBR.  It makes the anti-Trump obsession look like a lover's quarrel.

Totally weird.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.