Author Topic: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men  (Read 27368 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2017, 08:45:11 pm »
It's very heartening to see that so many of us who disagree vociferously about smallish things are in almost complete agreement about the one big thing.    ^-^

Online roamer_1

« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2017, 08:55:10 pm »
I agree that a conservative needs to have a firm moral grounding, and to try his/her level best to live in accordance with such moral grounding on a daily basis.   The Church, can, of course, provide such a grounding.

But a "social conservative" has a specific political meaning, and includes the idea that the government enforce "Biblical" morality,  including behavior that can objectively be seen as victimless.   That's certainly not what many conservatives believe - many want government to be essentially limited, and to keep its nose out of the bedroom as well as the boardroom.   The government, of course, has a role to play with respect to the redress of rights violations,  and to administer the law fairly and in accordance with the principle of equal protection.   But too many social conservatives, like Roy Moore, scoff at the notion of equal protection, at least with respect to folks unlike themselves.    The Constitutional separation of church and state is one of the pillars of our Republic,  and must be defended against those who would prefer a theocracy.   

There is no moral vacuum. This government, if it eschews the Laws of YHWH, is promoting another morality, and in that, another law. In the words of Bob Dylan, 'You've Got To Serve Somebody'.

Without the observance of YHWH's Law of Liberty, there will be no liberty at all. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2017, 09:03:45 pm »
WHY is anyone studying this,and what difference does it make what they discover?

After all,you are NOT going to change your DNA if you don't like the test results.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2017, 09:55:22 pm »
WHY is anyone studying this,and what difference does it make what they discover?

After all,you are NOT going to change your DNA if you don't like the test results.
it is a political agenda, SP.  If certain types can be found to have 'no choice but to be immoral', then they become a protected class and the Bible becomes hate speech.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2017, 10:23:14 pm »

Well, if it is genetic, than they have an excuse that absolves them of choice (and responsibility) in their behaviour--at least in their mind.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:23:35 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2017, 10:40:48 pm »
it is a political agenda, SP.  If certain types can be found to have 'no choice but to be immoral', then they become a protected class and the Bible becomes hate speech.

If you say you are gay but you don't pass the "gay test", then what? Is it a choice?
There will never be a scientific reason to be gay for that reason. It's always going to be "I am gay because I feel gay and that is definitive science".
Countdown to Resignation

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2017, 12:06:37 am »
Well, if it is genetic, than they have an excuse that absolves them of choice (and responsibility) in their behaviour--at least in their mind.

@Smokin Joe

Only to those who assume anybody OWES them an explanation for anything.

After all,who died and made any of you God?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2017, 12:16:17 am »
If you say you are gay but you don't pass the "gay test", then what? Is it a choice?

@Restored

ALL of you,PLEASE stop with this "gay" nonsense. These people are HOMOSEXUALS. They may be happy,they may be sad,or they may be anything else,but "gay" is NOT a sexual orientation.

I've known some homosexual people of both genders my whole life,and am even related to some of them,and I have a hard time thinking any group of people who are LESS happy than homosexuals. The whole "gay" thing is just a PR move by the homosexuals to make homosexuality to appear to be something desirable.

NOT that it is something shameful. Being ashamed of being a homosexual would rate right up there with being left-handed or color blind.

The ONLY people who have a choice of sexuality are bi-sexuals,and I suspect,but don't know for sure that most of them have an actual preference. Even then they had no choice about being bi-sexuals. The only choice that have is the choice of whom to participate or not participate in sexual activity with.

When you insist on playing the propaganda word games of the left,all you are doing is encouraging them to keep at it.

STOP!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2017, 01:04:32 am »
@Smokin Joe

First off I'm not The Almighty, and He has spoken. You may choose to believe what you will, but I believe he so thoroughly destroyed two cities over this that their remains still have not been found.

But those of us who recognize that, are constantly hearing people who behave unnaturally (because that really isn't what those parts are designed/adapted to do, and there are some considerable negative anatomical and physiological effects for acts which do nothing to benefit the species) not only want the rest of us to celebrate their deviated behaviour, but want to justify it to us as some sort of unavoidable part of their nature.

We really don't have to ask, they won't shut up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2017, 01:06:20 am »
@Smokin Joe

You take this liberty thing pretty serious...

You are correct of course, Americans died for our liberties. –and our right to be free from Big Brother and nosey neighbors.

:patriot:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2017, 01:16:29 am »
My country tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing.
Land where my fathers died!
Land of the Pilgrim's pride!
From every mountain side,
Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love.
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture fills
Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom's song.
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.

Our father's God to, Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright
With freedom's holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #261 on: December 16, 2017, 02:20:39 am »
You take this liberty thing pretty serious...

You are correct of course, Americans died for our liberties. –and our right to be free from Big Brother and nosey neighbors.

:patriot:

@aligncare

Thank you! It is refreshing to hear someone say that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #262 on: December 16, 2017, 02:22:46 am »
My country tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing.
Land where my fathers died!
Land of the Pilgrim's pride!
From every mountain side,
Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love.
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture fills
Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom's song.
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.

Our father's God to, Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright
With freedom's holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King!

@roamer_1

You do know that's just a song that has no more meaning than "Lola" or any other song,right?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2017, 03:01:50 am »

Eternal Father, strong to save,
    Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
    Who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep
    Its own appointed limits keep:
    O hear us when we cry to thee
    For those in peril on the sea.

O Christ, the Lord of hill and plain
    O'er which our traffic runs amain
    By mountain pass or valley low;
    Wherever, Lord, thy brethren go,
    Protect them by thy guarding hand
    From every peril on the land.

O Spirit, whom the Father sent
    To spread abroad the firmament;
    O Wind of heaven, by thy might
    Save all who dare the eagle's flight,
    And keep them by thy watchful care
    From every peril in the air.

O Trinity of love and power,
    Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
    From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
    Protect them whereso'er they go,
    Thus evermore shall rise to thee
    Glad praise from air and land and sea.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2017, 03:55:38 am »
    Eternal Father, strong to save,
    Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
    Who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep
    Its own appointed limits keep:
    O hear us when we cry to thee
    For those in peril on the sea.

O Christ, the Lord of hill and plain
    O'er which our traffic runs amain
    By mountain pass or valley low;
    Wherever, Lord, thy brethren go,
    Protect them by thy guarding hand
    From every peril on the land.

O Spirit, whom the Father sent
    To spread abroad the firmament;
    O Wind of heaven, by thy might
    Save all who dare the eagle's flight,
    And keep them by thy watchful care
    From every peril in the air.

O Trinity of love and power,
    Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
    From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
    Protect them whereso'er they go,
    Thus evermore shall rise to thee
    Glad praise from air and land and sea.

One of my favorite hymns.  Loaded with depth and meaning.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #265 on: December 16, 2017, 11:50:19 am »
@aligncare

Thank you! It is refreshing to hear someone say that.

You’re welcome. Being a drummer myself I always liked the aphorism ‘march to the beat of a different drummer.’

I believe we have the right to live life as we see fit, harming no one, unswayed by the judgment of others, but always pursuing our life’s passions. I get the sense that describes you, too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2017, 12:25:43 pm »
You’re welcome. Being a drummer myself I always liked the aphorism ‘march to the beat of a different drummer.’

I believe we have the right to live life as we see fit, harming no one, unswayed by the judgment of others, but always pursuing our life’s passions. I get the sense that describes you, too.

@aligncare

It does. In fact,you did a better job of articulating it that I have ever done.

Seems like too many people have a hard time grasping the basic FACT that if we grant the government the authority to control the private lives of ONE group of citizens,or even DEMAND they have these powers,they also have the authority or power to control the private lives of ALL of us.

And yes,this DOES include how you worship God,and even what God is determined to be the One True God.

We are either ALL free,or NONE of us are free.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #267 on: December 16, 2017, 01:56:39 pm »
I was walking home from church one day, and I passed a house on fire. There were people screaming for help, and I was about to move the obstruction blocking the door, but then I remembered the morning's sermon: Be Christlike.

So I refused to save them unless they met my conditions.  Some didn't, so I let them burn.

Is that really how it is?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

« Reply #268 on: December 16, 2017, 02:00:27 pm »
I agree that a conservative needs to have a firm moral grounding, and to try his/her level best to live in accordance with such moral grounding on a daily basis.   The Church, can, of course, provide such a grounding.

But a "social conservative" has a specific political meaning, and includes the idea that the government enforce "Biblical" morality,  including behavior that can objectively be seen as victimless.   That's certainly not what many conservatives believe - many want government to be essentially limited, and to keep its nose out of the bedroom as well as the boardroom.   The government, of course, has a role to play with respect to the redress of rights violations,  and to administer the law fairly and in accordance with the principle of equal protection.   But too many social conservatives, like Roy Moore, scoff at the notion of equal protection, at least with respect to folks unlike themselves.    The Constitutional separation of church and state is one of the pillars of our Republic,  and must be defended against those who would prefer a theocracy.   
Your base remains on sand as you use human-dictated morality to establish it, not God's declared Word.

The Founders knew exactly what base to use, and it is rock-solid.

As such, you have no base.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #269 on: December 16, 2017, 02:20:24 pm »
The Founders knew exactly what base to use, and it is rock-solid.

Yes, Thomas Jefferson was so proud of the separation of church and state, and the freedom to choose a religion (not just Christianity), that he chose it as one of the three things to be mentioned on his memorial stone.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #270 on: December 16, 2017, 05:00:17 pm »
Well,  if it is genetic, then it has the high probability of being detected in early childhood and TREATED via gene therapy.  This could lead to the elimination of those that carry the mutation and treatment for those afflicted before sexuality is established.  In a generation or two, perhaps even the total elimination of homosexuality.

.... think about it.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #271 on: December 16, 2017, 05:04:44 pm »
I was walking home from church one day, and I passed a house on fire. There were people screaming for help, and I was about to move the obstruction blocking the door, but then I remembered the morning's sermon: Be Christlike.

So I refused to save them unless they met my conditions.  Some didn't, so I let them burn.

Is that really how it is?

No. You would try to save them but they would keep running back into the burning building. That's how it works.
Countdown to Resignation

« Reply #272 on: December 16, 2017, 09:31:07 pm »
Yes, Thomas Jefferson was so proud of the separation of church and state, and the freedom to choose a religion (not just Christianity), that he chose it as one of the three things to be mentioned on his memorial stone.
Yes, he has a solid memorial of his death.  Wonder why that little aspect did not find its way into the document he helped construct?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #273 on: December 17, 2017, 12:58:23 pm »
Well,  if it is genetic, then it has the high probability of being detected in early childhood and TREATED via gene therapy.  This could lead to the elimination of those that carry the mutation and treatment for those afflicted before sexuality is established.  In a generation or two, perhaps even the total elimination of homosexuality.

.... think about it.

I have thought about it, a lot.

Peril Resides In The Promise of Gene Editing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/theworldpost/wp/2017/12/15/genomics/?utm_term=.64bc119d5929
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #274 on: December 17, 2017, 01:15:01 pm »

@Jazzhead

WELL STATED!