Author Topic: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men  (Read 27082 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2017, 04:47:37 pm »
God makes some of us gay just as He makes most of us straight.  Our free will permits us to choose to be monogamous and faithful, or promiscuous and faithless.   

But some Christians will condemn the homosexual even if he/she chooses the life of monogamy and faithfulness.   That's, well, abominable.

God 'makes' some of us thieves, robbers, rapists and murderers.  Our free will permits us to choose to act on those impulses and behaviors, or restrain ourselves from acting on them because morality teaches that such acts are evil.

But some Christians condemn thievery, robbery, rape and murder, even if the criminal chooses a life of only preying on approved constituencies. That's, well, abominable - as are those who promote deviant behaviors as wholesome, natural and righteous.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2017, 04:55:14 pm »
Do we have anybody with degrees in Biology?

Do we have anybody that has studied DNA, genetics, from any standpoint?

--genealogy
--medical research and treatments
--paternity
--national/regional origins
--criminology
--other

Anybody know what Haplogroups and Haplotypes are? SNPs?
Y-DNA and mt-DNA and autosomal DNA. Epigenetics?

@truth_seeker
Why speak from knowledge when you can pontificate from ignorance?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2017, 04:56:36 pm »
Funny how 1.7% of the population expect to be called normal and to have everyone dance to their tune.
@driftdiver

Red hair might not be normative and only about 1.7% of the population, but it's perfectly normal.  What do you have against redheads forcing us to accept them as they are without dying their hair? 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2017, 04:56:55 pm »
Not really.  Some do display some "homosexual" behaviors, but not consistently.  For instance, cows may mount each other, but it appears to be an attempt to stimulate ovulation in preparation for breeding.
@Sanguine

Actually, some animals form homosexual pair bonds.  Something like a quarter of male black swans form homosexual pair bonds, IIRC. 
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2017, 04:57:57 pm »
Several in the family are gay yet they make up about 1% of the population. Guess you live in the Castro district.
@Frank Cannon @Jazzhead

Or, perhaps, there's a genetic link, so it would more likely be concentrated in a family.

That evidence can point either way.

+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2017, 04:58:03 pm »
@Jazzhead
God made us male and female.  Then he told us that sex is between husband and wife in holy matrimony.   Anything outside of that is outside of Gods will.   Why would he "make" us something that is against his will?
@driftdiver

Leviticus 21:16-23
King James Version (KJV):

16 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.

18 For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,

19 Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,

20 Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;

21 No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.

22 He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy.

23 Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the Lord do sanctify them.

Are you denying that He made these "blemished" ones?  If they would "profane" His place, are they of His Will?

If so, why couldn't He create others with "blemishes" that aren't so outward, but are still as accepted as a lame person?
+++++++++

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2017, 04:59:09 pm »
@Frank Cannon @Jazzhead

Or, perhaps, there's a genetic link, so it would more likely be concentrated in a family.

That evidence can point either way.

Or they were raised gay.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2017, 05:10:32 pm »
Are you denying that He made these "blemished" ones?  If they would "profane" His place, are they of His Will?

If so, why couldn't He create others with "blemishes" that aren't so outward, but are still as accepted as a lame person?

You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, - Deuteronomy 5:9

The LORD is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generations.' - Numbers 14:18

Genetic proclivities to certain negative behaviors likely has its roots in the above as well as deformities.  Sin touches everything and has consequences that remain even if the individual repents and is forgiven.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2017, 05:15:04 pm »
@driftdiver, I accept that on this topic you are not able to accept other viewpoints.  That's fine, as long as we all understand that.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2017, 05:18:04 pm »
@truth_seeker
Why speak from knowledge when you can pontificate from ignorance?
I was initially brought to focus on DNA, by my sister. They wanted a male to take the tests. Y-DNA is males only.

So I do tests, and next she too, wants testing.

So fairly recently we both looked at the subject. She tested with Ancestry, and they do "cousin matching."

The matched people were quickly confirmed to be matches. Empirical results confirming the science.

We were brought up with a grandmother who was a biology professor in the 1920s and a mother with a chemistry degree.

BTW the DNA test for Y-DNA confirms exactly the paper version of our family tree for father line. (Haplogroup I1 in central Sweden) Empirical results confirming science.

Finally those females with science training, also taught us that religion and science were NOT mutually exclusive.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2017, 05:40:22 pm »
@driftdiver, I accept that on this topic you are not able to accept other viewpoints.  That's fine, as long as we all understand that.

@Sanguine

You all act like you have some newly invented view.  You don't, its been tried time after time throughout history.  It doesnt work and it spreads misery.

All people deserve respect and love, but when they are doing wrong it is not proper to call it good.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2017, 05:48:17 pm »
@Sanguine

You all act like you have some newly invented view.  You don't, its been tried time after time throughout history.  It doesnt work and it spreads misery.

All people deserve respect and love, but when they are doing wrong it is not proper to call it good.

I didn't say a thing about wrong, except that I accept God's ruling on this matter, which is that the action itself is wrong.  I was talking about whether homosexuality was a mere choice or had some genetic/congenital properties.  You, on the other hand, seem to think it's strictly a choice.  I choose to look at it a bit more charitably. 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2017, 05:59:21 pm »
I didn't say a thing about wrong, except that I accept God's ruling on this matter, which is that the action itself is wrong.  I was talking about whether homosexuality was a mere choice or had some genetic/congenital properties.  You, on the other hand, seem to think it's strictly a choice.  I choose to look at it a bit more charitably.

@Sanguine
Nobody wants to accept responsibility for their actions.   Its far easier to blame a gene then to admit that that you've allowed lust, fear, or anger to complicate your life.  Are there probably some exceptions, sure, but far fewer then people here think. If it were as simple as 2 genes it would have been proven long ago.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2017, 06:01:00 pm »
@Sanguine

For much of human history people we would classify today as severely mentally ill  were killed as demons or witches not that long ago in human history

@driftdiver
@Sanguine
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:04:11 pm by mirraflake »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2017, 06:05:09 pm »
Where does the gay affect exhibited by some homosexuals come from? Is that learned too? Do homosexual men “act gay” because it’s expected and they choose it? Or could that gay affectation be partly an expression of the gay genome?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2017, 06:05:53 pm »
For much of human history people we would classify today as mentally ill  were killed as demons or witches..

@driftdiver
@Sanguine

yes of course, the knowledge gained in the last 200 years totally outweighs all knowledge gained in the prior milleniums.   Never mind you still cant prove your 'science' using real science.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2017, 06:12:23 pm »
Total BS.

@musiclady

Just so you know, because of my past experience with your claim that every male is a pervert and the depth of ugliness you went to to belittle good men, I really don't care what you think about anything that has to do with morality.

So don't bother pinging me again.

I won't respond.

@mirraflake
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:41:39 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2017, 07:17:52 pm »
@Sanguine
Nobody wants to accept responsibility for their actions.   Its far easier to blame a gene then to admit that that you've allowed lust, fear, or anger to complicate your life.  Are there probably some exceptions, sure, but far fewer then people here think. If it were as simple as 2 genes it would have been proven long ago.

DNA research is in its infancy.  We are still learning what you have already dismissed.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2017, 07:45:46 pm »
DNA research is in its infancy.  We are still learning what you have already dismissed.
Correct DNA research is very new. Around 200 years ago medical science still believed "bleeding" was good treatment. 150 years ago diphtheria was treated by gargling kerosene.

The fact we have only early results about DNA is NOT evidence it is flawed science.

Epigenetics is very early and holds great promise in a number of fields.

Not claiming to be an expert, but I doubt the Bible said man would one day fly.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2017, 07:46:11 pm »
Here's another problem with the "born gay" theory. It isn't logical.

If a man announces he is gay, he was born gay.
If he later announces he isn't gay, he wasn't born gay.
If he later announces he is indeed gay, he was born gay.
If he subsequently announces he isn't gay, he wasn't born gay.

So was he born gay or not? The answer is not based on scientific evidence but solely on HIS opinion at a given time.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2017, 08:04:39 pm »
freeper?

Freepers, the new turd burglars for the new era.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2017, 09:02:58 pm »
Here's another problem with the "born gay" theory. It isn't logical.

If a man announces he is gay, he was born gay.
If he later announces he isn't gay, he wasn't born gay.
If he later announces he is indeed gay, he was born gay.
If he subsequently announces he isn't gay, he wasn't born gay.

So was he born gay or not? The answer is not based on scientific evidence but solely on HIS opinion at a given time.

Show a link to a gay man who actually said this.

@Restored

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2017, 09:13:14 pm »
Just so you know, because of my past experience with your claim that every male is a pervert and the depth of ugliness you went to to belittle good men, I really don't care what you think about anything that has to do with morality.

So don't bother pinging me again.

I won't respond.

I never said all men. I said a large number of men say crude things with close male friends regarding women they don't do in front of their wives especially when they a few beers in them.

I also said just because a man claims or tries to portray Godliness does not mean he he does the same in private. I then  linked the Christian survey of Christian males who close to 70% said they view porn on a regular basis-these stats were from a pro Christina group. The ones who claim to not to view porn the loudest are the ones wacking off every night to porn.

..and why do you keep bringing up this old argument every chance you can??  Can't you let it go..jeesh.

@musiclady

whoops not supposed to ping music lady.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:14:27 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2017, 09:23:28 pm »
Show a link to a gay man who actually said this.

@Restored

Thousands of men have switched sides at some point in their life. And most gay men say they are born that way. So I don't understand your point.

How do you know they are born gay? They told you
Countdown to Resignation

Offline musiclady

« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2017, 09:28:07 pm »
I never said all men. I said a large number of men say crude things with close male friends regarding women they don't do in front of their wives especially when they a few beers in them.

I also said just because a man claims or tries to portray Godliness does not mean he he does the same in private. I then  linked the Christian survey of Christian males who close to 70% said they view porn on a regular basis-these stats were from a pro Christina group. The ones who claim to not to view porn the loudest are the ones wacking off every night to porn.

..and why do you keep bringing up this old argument every chance you can??  Can't you let it go..jeesh.

@musiclady

whoops not supposed to ping music lady.

Well, perhaps it's because you never took back the vile things you said, nor apologized for your smears.  It may be old, but it's not gone because you never even acknowledged that you said anything wrong.   And it was ugly.

And I'm not interested in your continuing to defend the smear with your phony data either.

You can be as vile as you want, but don't go smearing others.  SOME men have control over their behavior.  (And I happen to be married to one, whether you like it or not).

But to my point.  I don't care what you think about matters of morality because your perspective is warped.  So your using vile language just because you disagree with me is only one more reason for me not to pay any attention to you.

Perhaps on other issues we can have a mature discussion, but on matters of right and wrong when it comes to morals, nope.

@mirraflake
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.