Author Topic: Matt Lauer terminated from Today Show because of inappropriate behavior  (Read 28109 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Matt Lauer terminated from Today Show because of inappropriate behavior
« Reply #200 on: November 30, 2017, 02:23:30 pm »
I bet Jeff Zucker pimped for Lauer when he was head of NBC.
I wonder how many of them - Lauer, Zucker, Rivera, et al. - were guests on Epstein's "Lolita Express" with Bill Clinton.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #201 on: November 30, 2017, 02:30:47 pm »
I never pictured you living in a convent.

I thought you said "Coven"
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #202 on: November 30, 2017, 02:36:18 pm »
I wonder how many of them - Lauer, Zucker, Rivera, et al. - were guests on Epstein's "Lolita Express" with Bill Clinton.

It all makes sense now. During the Lewinsky scandal it wasn’t just Bill Clinton’s politics that media elites approved of and protected, it was Clinton’s femme score they were most impressed by and publicly covered for.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2017, 02:49:14 pm »
Lauer apologizes: 'There are no words to express my sorrow and regret'
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/362502-matt-lauer-apologizes-after-sexual-misconduct-allegations
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2017, 02:49:55 pm »
At Least Two More NBC Staffers File Harassment Complaints After Matt Lauer’s Termination
https://www.thecut.com/2017/11/matt-lauer-nbc-sexual-harassment-complaints.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2017, 03:14:08 pm »
Then-married former NBC employee claims Lauer sexually assaulted her until she passed out in office: report
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/30/then-married-former-nbc-employee-claims-lauer-sexually-assaulted-her-until-passed-out-in-office-report.html
Support the USO

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2017, 03:19:05 pm »
Then-married former NBC employee claims Lauer sexually assaulted her until she passed out in office: report
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/30/then-married-former-nbc-employee-claims-lauer-sexually-assaulted-her-until-passed-out-in-office-report.html

From the article:
"According to the report, Lauer was behind his desk and she took a seat in the office. She said he locked the door from a button at his desk and he asked her to unbutton her blouse. She said she complied and claims he got up from his desk, approached her from behind, bent her over his desk and had sex."

This does not sound non-consensual to me.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2017, 03:25:05 pm »
Lauer's statement
“There are no words to express my sorrow and regret for the pain I have caused others by words and actions. To the people I have hurt, I am truly sorry. As I am writing this I realize the depth of the damage and disappointment I have left behind at home and at NBC. Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed. I regret that my shame is now shared by the people I cherish dearly,” Lauer said in a statement that was released by a personal publicist and formed the bulk of the top story on “Today” Thursday morning. “Repairing the damage will take a lot of time and soul searching and I’m committed to beginning that effort. It is now my full time job. The last two days have forced me to take a very hard look at my own troubling flaws. It’s been humbling. I am blessed to be surrounded by the people I love. I thank them for their patience and grace.”
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2017, 03:39:31 pm »
Lauer's statement

For a leftist like Lauer, I'm sure he thinks that a tearful apology will make it all better.

It won't.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline cammie

« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2017, 03:41:34 pm »
From the article:
"According to the report, Lauer was behind his desk and she took a seat in the office. She said he locked the door from a button at his desk and he asked her to unbutton her blouse. She said she complied and claims he got up from his desk, approached her from behind, bent her over his desk and had sex."

This does not sound non-consensual to me.

Agreed.  She may have felt pressure to go along (which would give her an actionable claim for sexual harassment), but she made a choice here to consent, which is a problem I'm having with some of these complaints. 

So many women are saying "I felt like I had no choice - I was afraid for my job, so I had sex with him."  I absolutely agree you should never be in a position to feel you have to have sex to keep your job, but if you are in that position and choose to have sex, you're still consenting to the sex.  Doesn't mean you don't have a hostile work environment claim under sexual harassment laws, but you DID have a choice here. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:46:21 pm by cammie »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2017, 03:44:44 pm »
Agreed.  She may have felt pressure to go along, but she made a choice here to consent, which is a problem I'm having with some of these complaints.  So many women are saying "I felt like I had no choice - I was afraid for my job, so I had sex with him."  I absolutely agree you should never be in a position to feel you have to have sex to keep your job, but if you are in that position and choose to have sex, you're still consenting to the sex.  Doesn't mean you don't have a hostile work environment claim under sexual harassment laws, but you DID have a choice about the sex.

And, that's probably why so few of them said anything at the time.  They were ashamed.  But, I think the truth should come out, and at this point, it's about Lauer more so than his "stable".

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2017, 03:49:06 pm »
Agreed.  She may have felt pressure to go along (which would give her an actionable claim for sexual harassment), but she made a choice here to consent, which is a problem I'm having with some of these complaints. 

So many women are saying "I felt like I had no choice - I was afraid for my job, so I had sex with him."  I absolutely agree you should never be in a position to feel you have to have sex to keep your job, but if you are in that position and choose to have sex, you're still consenting to the sex.  Doesn't mean you don't have a hostile work environment claim under sexual harassment laws, but you DID have a choice here.

@cammie
Consenting under threat is not consent.   its rape
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline cammie

« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2017, 03:49:56 pm »

@Sanguine -
I agree with that. 

As a woman, I just don't like the idea that women are saying they had no choice, because there's a difference between having to decide between two rotten choices and forcible rape. 

I fully acknowledge that we shouldn't be in a position to have to decide between those two crappy choices.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:55:43 pm by cammie »

Offline cammie

« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2017, 03:53:43 pm »
@cammie

Legally, "threat" is not just a general thought of "I may lose my job."  There is a legal threshold that coercion, whether verbal or physical, must meet in order to support a rape claim.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2017, 03:58:34 pm »
From the article:This does not sound non-consensual to me.

Also sounds like she could be an ocelot owning railroad heiress named Cheryl.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2017, 03:59:25 pm »
It all makes sense now. During the Lewinsky scandal it wasn’t just Bill Clinton’s politics that media elites approved of and protected, it was Clinton’s femme score they were most impressed by and publicly covered for.

That, on top of Clinton's support for abortion that bought him protection from feminists, is why Bill Clinton went unscathed over his mounting accusations.

No man prior or since has gotten away with the accusations that Clinton had against him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2017, 04:01:36 pm »
@cammie

I can only go by what is in that article, and there's no indication that a threat of any kind was made.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2017, 04:06:44 pm »
I can only go by what is in that article, and there's no indication that a threat of any kind was made.

Same here.

A man can't read a woman's mind
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2017, 04:14:55 pm »
Same here.

No kidding?  Huh, I'm going to have to re-evaluate how I communicate with my husband.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2017, 05:07:40 pm »
Same here.

@LMAO
I'm the last person that would claim that ability.   Its not that hard really.  If he says "have sex with me if you want to keep your job' thats a threat.

If he's locked her in and refuses to let her out thats a crime.

If he just says he wants to have sex with her then its probably not rape but it would fall under sexual harassment laws.

I'm really kinda surprised to see people defending Matt Lauer.  Makes me wonder if I'm at the correct site.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2017, 05:18:15 pm »

And in doing so, they are sending a message to their own victims that they are better off keeping their mouths shut since coming forward will not only go nowhere but cause them more grief.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2017, 05:18:56 pm »
@LMAO
I'm the last person that would claim that ability.   Its not that hard really.  If he says "have sex with me if you want to keep your job' thats a threat.

If he's locked her in and refuses to let her out thats a crime.

If he just says he wants to have sex with her then its probably not rape but it would fall under sexual harassment laws.

I'm really kinda surprised to see people defending Matt Lauer.  Makes me wonder if I'm at the correct site.

@driftdiver Who here has defended him?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2017, 05:24:13 pm »

Indirectly, it has happened.  What has been said about coerced ("consensual") sex is important.

That's where the "power" thing comes in.  That's why Clinton was guilty with Lewinsky.

She said "yes," but he was still a predator, abusing his power.

That distinction needs to remain clear.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2017, 05:34:13 pm »

@RoosGirl
You have, you are arguing that what he's done was consensual.  The guy is a scum bag who has dont so much damage to America by abusing his media power.  We should celebrate his removal.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2017, 05:35:59 pm »
Indirectly, it has happened.  What has been said about coerced ("consensual") sex is important.

That's where the "power" thing comes in.  That's why Clinton was guilty with Lewinsky.

She said "yes," but he was still a predator, abusing his power.

That distinction needs to remain clear.

Before we canonize Monica, let's not forget she initiated things with Clinton by showing her thong.  That's from her testimony in the Starr report.  She had also had an affair with her married drama instructor from high school.  The girl's not some naive victim.  She liked to play stupid games and won stupid prizes.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.