Author Topic: Rand Paul indicates politics may have played a role in assault  (Read 498 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Rand Paul indicates politics may have played a role in assault
« on: November 28, 2017, 08:28:23 pm »
Rand Paul indicates politics may have played a role in assault
Washington Times, Nov 28, Sally Persons

<snip>

He said that it isn’t “so important” why he was attacked, adding that no reason justifies the action. When asked if Mr. Boucher indicated what he was unhappy about, Mr. Paul said he had after the assault already started.

“After my ribs were broken then he said things to me to try to indicate … he was unhappy,” Mr. Paul said. He added that whether it was “Obamacare” or “Donald Trump” that made Mr. Boucher unhappy, it doesn’t make what happened acceptable.

Read more: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/28/rand-paul-indicates-politics-may-have-been-part-wh/

Offline skeeter

Re: Rand Paul indicates politics may have played a role in assault
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 08:37:56 pm »
Did Mr Boucher holler Allahu Akbhar while breaking Sen Paul's ribs as well?

If so that would better explain why authorities were confused about a motive and lead them to conclude that the home grown lone wolf white male Boucher presumably was offended Paul was riding a Troy-Bilt and not a John Deere.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 01:04:56 am »
Did Mr Boucher holler Allahu Akbhar while breaking Sen Paul's ribs as well?

If so that would better explain why authorities were confused about a motive and lead them to conclude that the home grown lone wolf white male Boucher presumably was offended Paul was riding a Troy-Bilt and not a John Deere.

I'm still furious that the person committing the assault was charged with a misdemeanor. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 02:10:47 am »
I'm still furious that the person committing the assault was charged with a misdemeanor.

Agreed and it would almost seem that politics plays into the charge as well.  Threatening a government official is a felony.  Paul was more than threatened, he was attacked, so I'm not so sure as to why he is still only being charged with a misdemeanor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.