Author Topic: PIGS FLY: HUFFPO PUBLISHES ALMOST POSITIVE STORY ABOUT Roy Moore  (Read 773 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
PIGS FLY: HUFFPO PUBLISHES ALMOST POSITIVE STORY ABOUT Roy Moore
« on: November 28, 2017, 04:27:32 pm »
Do pigs fly? Shockingly, the extremely liberal HUFFINGTON POST on Sunday actually published a story involving Republican senate nominee Judge Roy Moore of Alabama that sounded almost positive...or at least not overtly hostile.

The reason seems to be that the author, Hamilton Gregory, is a Vietnam veteran and his emphasis was on the practice of fragging during that war. Moore comes into the story mainly because he was under a fragging threat due to his insistence of enforcing discipline upon his troops, many of whom were drug abusers.

After graduating from West Point in 1969, Moore served in Germany as a lieutenant and then he was promoted to captain and given command of the 188th Military Police Company in Vietnam in 1971. This came during the final years of the war when men who were violent, drug-addled, or disturbed became a significant presence in the Army and Marine Corps, causing a serious breakdown of discipline

Roy Moore said that when he took command of his company in Vietnam, “drug use was widespread and insubordination was commonplace.”

He immediately enforced strict discipline. “I administered many Article Fifteens, disciplinary charges filed against insubordinate or disobedient soldiers,” especially drug users.

As a result, he said, he received threats of death by fragging. “I became a marked man,” he said. Claiming that he was not intimidated, he refused to soften his discipline. He did, however, take precautionary measures to reinforce his sleeping area. “I placed sandbags under the bed and in the walls of my quarters.”

more at:
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/pj-gladnick/2017/11/27/pigs-fly-huffpo-publishes-almost-positive-story-about-roy-moore

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: PIGS FLY: HUFFPO PUBLISHES ALMOST POSITIVE STORY ABOUT Roy Moore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 04:29:14 pm »
More from article:

"During his second tour in Vietnam at Duc Pho in 1968-1969, Major Colin Powell (later a four-star general) said he was “living in a large tent and I moved my cot every night, partly to thwart Viet Cong informants who might be tracking me, but also because I did not rule out attacks on authority from within the battalion itself.”

So not only Roy Moore but even liberal icons such as Colin Powell feared being fragged in Vietnam.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 04:30:04 pm »
The Viet Nam War was a horror in our history.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 04:34:23 pm »
This account doesn't necessarily comport with the meme being promoted by the MSM that Moore is a creepy pedophile does it.

Oh well, minds are made up.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 04:39:16 pm »

This is what happens when you let Ivy League imbeciles,  such as we have currently filling the state department,   play war.   

The common folk wouldn't have made such a blunder.   They would have gone into Vietnam and stomped @$$ instead of trying to send "messages"  to the VietCong through military actions. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 04:42:44 pm »

This is what happens when you let Ivy League imbeciles,  such as we have currently filling the state department,   play war.   

The common folk wouldn't have made such a blunder.   They would have gone into Vietnam and stomped @$$ instead of trying to send "messages"  to the VietCong through military actions.

Its also what happens when one of two major political parties decides to use foreign policy, in this case a war, as a political football.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 04:50:06 pm »

ONLY because the REMFS refused to get the hell out of the way and leave fighting the war to the professionals!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 05:01:57 pm »
Its also what happens when one of two major political parties decides to use foreign policy, in this case a war, as a political football.

I believe i've already mentioned the Ivy League imbeciles. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 05:15:06 pm »

I believe i've already mentioned the Ivy League imbeciles.

LOL. That reference is usually made to imbeciles like Robert McNamara, but if you were referring to the entire democrat party as represented by Ted Kennedy & Geo McGovern then I was indeed being redundant.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:25:45 pm by skeeter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 06:19:51 pm »

Well, it dam sure wasn't started by Trump.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 06:21:25 pm »
This account doesn't necessarily comport with the meme being promoted by the MSM that Moore is a creepy pedophile does it.

Oh well, minds are made up.

I only posted this story because some military guy is running against Moore and some people are falling all over him.

Moore was a military hero, if that's what you're looking for.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 06:26:01 pm »
I only posted this story because some military guy is running against Moore and some people are falling all over him.

Moore was a military hero, if that's what you're looking for.

Yeah. What a handful of people no one had ever heard of before claim and what we know for certain about the man from the decades long public record - much of it spent in a bullseye - do not in any way shape or form line up.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 06:38:01 pm »
Yeah. What a handful of people no one had ever heard of before claim and what we know for certain about the man from the decades long public record - much of it spent in a bullseye - do not in any way shape or form line up.

Of course not.  And those people have allowed their snobbery to try to ruin a good man.

Plus, many of 'those people' pretend to be against abortion and they are trying to create a situation in which a rabid pro-abortion democrat would win a Senate seat we desperately need.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 01:40:20 am »

A real diplomat would have gone to Cambodia and Laos and said, "You have an infestation of communists crawling around your country. We're going to help you get rid of that." and done so instead of play games.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 02:02:00 am »
Especially when you consider the way the Leftist Historians write about it. But that has been their narrative all along. They blame most the man who got us out, they don't blame the man who got us in, who escalated it, nor the ones who really lost it in the media and Congress.

Our troops did their very best with the objectives they were given, and those hard won victories battlefield squandered were at higher levels.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 02:11:19 am »
Especially when you consider the way the Leftist Historians write about it. But that has been their narrative all along. They blame most the man who got us out, they don't blame the man who got us in, who escalated it, nor the ones who really lost it in the media and Congress.

Our troops did their very best with the objectives they were given, and those hard won victories battlefield squandered were at higher levels.

Exactly so! 100%

I was there and will testify to that truth for as long as I live!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien