Author Topic: Pastor says Roy Moore was seeking the 'purity of a young woman'  (Read 32931 times)

Silver Pines

Pastor says Roy Moore was seeking the 'purity of a young woman'
« on: November 22, 2017, 05:59:12 pm »

Pastor says Roy Moore was seeking the 'purity of a young woman'

BY Jessica Chia

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS 

Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 3:54 AM

A pastor defended embattled Senate candidate Roy Moore, saying the controversial judge, who is accused of pursuing teenage girls as young as 14, was seeking the “purity of a young woman.”

Pastor Flip Benham told radio hosts Matt Murphy and Andrea Lindenberg on the "Matt and Aunie" show that Moore’s service in Vietnam left him pressed for choice when he returned and pursued a law degree.

“All of the ladies, or many of the ladies that he possibly could have married, were not available then, they were already married, maybe, somewhere,” Benham said.

And so Moore was forced to “look in a different direction,” according to Benham, who went on to note the judge’s wife Kayla Moore is a “younger woman.”

EXCERPT: Read more at link below.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pastor-roy-moore-seeking-purity-young-woman-article-1.3650365
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 10:36:36 pm by MOD8 »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
18 and 19 are teenagers, and quite legal. The pastor is pretty short on specifics other than his own opinions.

Nice switcheroo though. Still loving the swirling smoke and vapors of the jr. high cheerleader gossip circle I see.
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

18 and 19 are teenagers, and quite legal. The pastor is pretty short on specifics other than his own opinions.

Nice switcheroo though. Still loving the swirling smoke and vapors of the jr. high cheerleader gossip circle I see.

@Free Vulcan

Neither the pastor nor the article said anything about 18 or 19, so why are you?  Swirling smoke, indeed.

So another one for the circular file, right?  Got it, lol.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
@Free Vulcan

Neither the pastor nor the article said anything about 18 or 19, so why are you?  Swirling smoke, indeed.

So another one for the circular file, right?  Got it, lol.

He really says nothing at all, but you are trying to make it something. Not just a desperate narrative, but a second hand one at that, again.
The Republic is lost.

Online cato potatoe

I don't like Roy Moore, nor do I like the idea of him creeping on 16 year olds.  Thank heavens most of us don't have to vote in Alabama this year.  But the fact of the matter is the age of consent is 16 in thirty one states, DC, and most of the island territories.  Eight other states use the age of 17.  People should agitate for raising the age of consent if they believe such relations should be illegal.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I don't like Roy Moore, nor do I like the idea of him creeping on 16 year olds.  Thank heavens most of us don't have to vote in Alabama this year.  But the fact of the matter is the age of consent is 16 in thirty one states, DC, and most of the island territories.  Eight other states use the age of 17.  People should agitate for raising the age of consent if they believe such relations should be illegal.
I met my wife when she was 16, and I was 18.

We married one year later at 17 and 19 years of age. (In January we celebrate 50 yrs. of marriage)

*My wife just reminded me to avoid politics over TG dinner tomorrow with my whacko liberal younger sister.

Never been married herself, but nonetheless considers herself competent to weigh in. Typican know--it-all liberal.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I met my wife when she was 16, and I was 18.

We married one year later at 17 and 19 years of age. (In January we celebrate 50 yrs. of marriage)

*My wife just reminded me to avoid politics over TG dinner tomorrow with my whacko liberal younger sister.

Never been married herself, but nonetheless considers herself competent to weigh in. Typican know--it-all liberal.

You beat us to the alter by two months!  Otherwise the exact same!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Heaven forbid, the man had standards.

The poster would rather have people like him—people like me, even—date white trash, or be stuck alone.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

He really says nothing at all, but you are trying to make it something. Not just a desperate narrative, but a second hand one at that, again.

@Free Vulcan

Again, the ages mentioned in the article are 14 and 16, so why did you bring up 18 and 19?  Why the attempt at smoke and vapors, as you put it?

I didn't write the article.  Are you saying this friend of Moore's is lying?  Why?  Or was he paid off, too?  The pastor made a clear statement, so it's certainly not "nothing at all."

Why is a pastor more likely to lie than a politician?

And to the title of the article---what's your opinion about Moore dating young girls for their "purity?"

Offline DiogenesLamp

with my whacko liberal younger sister.

If you've studied these demographics for a long enough time,   you begin to notice there are correlations between married women and conservatism and unmarried women and liberalism.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

@cato potatoe

That's true.  But the fact remains that a man in his thirties who only wants girls that age, and who hangs out trying to pick them up, is not normal.

The most serious issue is the 14 year old.

Silver Pines

Heaven forbid, the man had standards.

The poster would rather have people like him—people like me, even—date white trash, or be stuck alone.

@jmyrlefuller

This is satire, right?  No, forget it, I know it isn't.

Online andy58-in-nh

I see that Judge Moore's friends and admirers are helping him about as much as Donald Trump's fans are helping him.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline RetBobbyMI

@cato potatoe

That's true.  But the fact remains that a man in his thirties who only wants girls that age, and who hangs out trying to pick them up, is not normal.

The most serious issue is the 14 year old.
The 14 year old story has been debunked by multiple posts on multiple threads
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Silver Pines

The 14 year old story has been debunked by multiple posts on multiple threads

@RetBobbyMI

LOL

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
@Free Vulcan

Again, the ages mentioned in the article are 14 and 16, so why did you bring up 18 and 19?  Why the attempt at smoke and vapors, as you put it?

I didn't write the article.  Are you saying this friend of Moore's is lying?  Why?  Or was he paid off, too?  The pastor made a clear statement, so it's certainly not "nothing at all."

Why is a pastor more likely to lie than a politician?

And to the title of the article---what's your opinion about Moore dating young girls for their "purity?"

According to him, but again second hand. What he says is little more than musings, but he never comes out and actually says much of anything. You just want to see and believe, despite copious proof that Corfman and Young are lying.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Free Vulcan

... And to the title of the article---what's your opinion about Moore dating young girls for their "purity?"

LOL.  It mattered back then.  Why do you think Diana got the nod?   :laugh:

Offline DiogenesLamp

I see that Judge Moore's friends and admirers are helping him about as much as Donald Trump's fans are helping him.

I agree with you.   He is likely going to win. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online andy58-in-nh

I agree with you.   He is likely going to win. 

That says a lot about Alabama. How old is 14 in sheep years?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That says a lot about Alabama. How old is 14 in sheep years?

That whole 14 year old thing has been debunked several times already! But thanks for playing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Roy Moore Dated ‘Younger Ladies’ For Their ‘Purity,’

He dated them but he never gave them his "essence".   So he has that going for him.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online andy58-in-nh

That whole 14 year old thing has been debunked several times already! But thanks for playing!

You're welcome! I keep reading that this story has been "debunked", but I have not yet found any evidence to support that claim. Do you happen to have a link to a reputable news site (i.e. - not Trumpway Trumpet or Trumpbart)? Thanks!

Silver Pines

LOL.  It mattered back then.  Why do you think Diana got the nod?   :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

Uh-huh.  So if a thirty year old man wanted to date your teenaged daughter for her purity, you'd have no problem with that.

Silver Pines

Roy Moore Dated ‘Younger Ladies’ For Their ‘Purity,’

He dated them but he never gave them his "essence".   So he has that going for him.

@WineNot

*shudder*

Silver Pines

According to him, but again second hand. What he says is little more than musings, but he never comes out and actually says much of anything. You just want to see and believe, despite copious proof that Corfman and Young are lying.

@Free Vulcan

He made a direct statement, as pointed out earlier.  And you didn't respond to my direct questions.

It's just one more in a tall stack of someone else lying about Moore.