Author Topic: Pastor says Roy Moore was seeking the 'purity of a young woman'  (Read 32932 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

The area between Philly and Pitts could pass for LA any day.  They are both one cross burning away from marshmallow roasting party.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

New poll up that says Roy is up by 6 points now... but no links to the actual poll (so I don't hold it endearing)... The previous poll only had Moore up by 2 points.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/22/exclusive-another-alabama-poll-roy-moore-leads-democrat-jones-six-points/

Thanks!  As I hope everyone here realizes by now, I don't put  much stock in polls but do put a great deal of stock in the good sense of the people of Alabama. I know they will rightly decide this matter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Actually Alabama does pretty well in that area. Well at least for a state that is still has more heterosexuals than the opposite. Looks like states with lower people per sq. mile have higher incidence of incest occurring.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:56:23 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline musiclady

If you can prove under age..I.E. 16 years old do so. Otherwise, you are wagging your tongue. Not very Christian.

Gee thanks.  I love being called unChristian when I have a differening opinion than others do.

It's such an effective argument. /s
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fantom

Actually Alabama does pretty well in that area. Well at least for a state that is still has more heterosexuals than the opposite.

Ohhhh, nice shot at the winehole...... Good work. 888high58888
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline musiclady

Does not appear he was "seeking " them out for sex, but rather Marriage. Not that weird. In fact he married one he met when she was 15.. married her at what 22 when he was what 34,,,Meh  :shrug: ....

... I have no problem with this.

That's fine.  I DO have a problem with it.

But I promise not to call you unChristian because we disagree.......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Frank Cannon

Actually Alabama does pretty well in that area. Well at least for a state that is still has more heterosexuals than the opposite.

That would be relevant......but Al only has 4 computers state wide. It skews the data.

Offline Fantom

Gee thanks.  I love being called unChristian when I have a differening opinion than others do.

It's such an effective argument. /s

@musiclady

So are you just wagging your tongue? What does Christ say 'Bout that?

Maybe the problem is not with what I said.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

The area between Philly and Pitts could pass for LA any day.  They are both one cross burning away from marshmallow roasting party.

The Midstate? You talkin' 'bout these people?

Offline musiclady

My younger sister went out on her senior prom with a 30 y/o man. A man that went to church with us, that mom approved of and with my sister's consent. She ended up not liking him, and he moved on to other pastures. But it happened, and she was no dummy, Valedictorian in HS and college. She always dated older men come to think of it. Never married. Regrets not having children now but put her career above all else.

I in my mid-20s dated a couple of teenagers, one I married 3 or 4 years later. My memory is not my strong point now days. I also was looking for a pure Christian lady. I lucked up on my wife, she is my better half. We have been married 25 years or so. I wasn't the most mature person at the time we started dating I must admit. I think women just mature sooner than some of us fellow.

My wife dated a fellow my age before we started dating. It was a memory she does not like to recall. It didn't end on a good note. Her dad had committed suicide years earlier, and she didn't have the greatest home life. She was looking forward to marriage. It was me that had cold feet. I was still fixing up the old house when we married. Some rough early years that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world now.

Anyhoo, just saying, yes the premise of dating younger women has been around. I have 4 children now, all boys, would I let them date someone that much older, probable not. I understand where you are coming from, but I also understand it was a different era. I live it, and can't say I would of done much different because I got a peach of a wife that has been a blessing from God.

_________________________________ @musiclady

That said, I think you're one of my fave posters here. We differ opinions here, but so what. I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from them.

What about the 14y/o that I didn't mention? Well they are just now starting to dig into that deeper. Let's see where it leads...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/21/court-documents-raise-significant-questions-leigh-corfmans-accusations-roy-moore/

Just for the record, I no longer trust Breitbart as being even remotely objective or honest.

I also don't think that individual examples of marriages that began when a woman was young are relevant.

BIG picture here.........  Moore was in a position of power in politics.  He was in his 30s at a time when there were many pure women his age to choose from (if he looked in the right places).

I am not saying that he is GUILTY of anything.   I just find the practice of seeking out teenage girls to date problematic.   The practice is troubling to me, as it is to many others.

I understand that others disagree, but I am finding the wholesale assault by some on those of us who DO find this behavior troublesome, a touch on the bizarre side.

I mean, I have been told to find a LYNCH MOB because I have some questions about what Moore did.

That is bizarre.

I'm good with different opinions, and I have no problem with yours @Sighlass . I enjoy your posts as well.

There are only a few who are over the top here, and you are certainly not one of them.   :beer:

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

So are you just wagging your tongue? What does Christ say 'Bout that?

Maybe the problem is not with what I said.

Actually, I'm not even remotely "wagging my tongue."  I have said multiple times in no uncertain terms that I don't KNOW if Moore is guilty, and I have not accused him of being guilty.

I have stated my opinions clearly based on my values, both as a female, and as a mother, and as a person for whom character is utmost in an elected official.

I have said that I find this pastor's defense disturbing, and there is no sin in that.

That you see my opinion as sinful is your problem, not mine.....

Offline Fantom

Just for the record, I no longer trust Breitbart as being even remotely objective or honest.

I also don't think that individual examples of marriages that began when a woman was young are relevant.

BIG picture here.........  Moore was in a position of power in politics.  He was in his 30s at a time when there were many pure women his age to choose from (if he looked in the right places).

I am not saying that he is GUILTY of anything.   I just find the practice of seeking out teenage girls to date problematic.   The practice is troubling to me, as it is to many others.

I understand that others disagree, but I am finding the wholesale assault by some on those of us who DO find this behavior troublesome, a touch on the bizarre side.

I mean, I have been told to find a LYNCH MOB because I have some questions about what Moore did.

That is bizarre.

I'm good with different opinions, and I have no problem with yours @Sighlass . I enjoy your posts as well.

There are only a few who are over the top here, and you are certainly not one of them.   :beer:

You are a reasoned Lady it seems. Forced to defend the "wholesale assault" on reason of a tongue wagger... for whatever reason, is how I see this.

A Simple Bricklayer.

Frederick Douglass

Offline musiclady

You are a reasoned Lady it seems. Forced to defend the "wholesale assault" on reason of a tongue wagger... for whatever reason, is how I see this.

A Simple Bricklayer.

I have no idea what that means.

If my having a differing opinion, and not yet weighing in on guilt or innocence is sinful to you, then perhaps you need to think more deeply.  Nothing I've said is even remotely 'gossip.'

Perhaps you need to level your anger at this pastor who is harming Moore's reputation with his so-called defense of his friend. He's doing more harm to your cause than I am, by far.

Offline Fantom

Actually, I'm not even remotely "wagging my tongue."  I have said multiple times in no uncertain terms that I don't KNOW if Moore is guilty, and I have not accused him of being guilty.

I have stated my opinions clearly based on my values, both as a female, and as a mother, and as a person for whom character is utmost in an elected official.

I have said that I find this pastor's defense disturbing, and there is no sin in that.

That you see my opinion as sinful is your problem, not mine.....

That is a reasonable post @musiclady.

However, the one you defend does not take any such reasonable position.  I apologize to you, for lumping you into the same sinful category I find her occupying.

Frederick Douglass

Offline musiclady

That is a reasonable post @musiclady.

However, the one you defend does not take any such reasonable position.  I apologize to you, for lumping you into the same sinful category I find her occupying.

Again, you are attributing sin to a differing opinion.

That's not a valid position.

Offline Fantom

Again, you are attributing sin to a differing opinion.

That's not a valid position.

No, I attribute sin to sin.

You and I do not take much of a different "opinion" on Moore. We both see the truth in this.  Another is casting aspersions at Moore without any regard to truth... just lustful hate..casting stones.

Such is not a differin' of O'pine. Now is it?

You are an honest person, you know the truth of what I speak of.

Frederick Douglass

Offline mrclose

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 12:34:22 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

BIG picture here.........  Moore was in a position of power in politics. 

Not just a position.  He was the Asst DA.  When you get molested in Etowah County, Moore's the guy you take it to, to get it prosecuted.  I don't wonder why those girls followed Moore's threats to kept quiet.

Online andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fantom

Not just a position.  He was the Asst DA.  When you get molested in Etowah County, Moore's the guy you take it to, to get it prosecuted.  I don't wonder why those girls followed Moore's threats to kept quiet.

So .... how many girls..or boys have you kept quiet?  The world wonders.... see how easy the tongue can wag? Then of course... 40 years to talk.

Frederick Douglass

Online roamer_1

LOL!

There ain't a redneck boy worth his salt that wouldn't thump his melon good for messin with his sister - And 'ADA don't mean a damn thing... unless it would make it all the more a pleasure.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So .... how many girls..or boys have you kept quiet?  The world wonders.... see how easy the tongue can wag? Then of course... 40 years to talk.

I spotted how easy your tongue wags long ago Fantom...Now check this out....

I never molested underage girls in my thirties. 

Not that freakin hard. 

Offline musiclady

No, I attribute sin to sin.

You and I do not take much of a different "opinion" on Moore. We both see the truth in this.  Another is casting aspersions at Moore without any regard to truth... just lustful hate..casting stones.

Such is not a differin' of O'pine. Now is it?

You are an honest person, you know the truth of what I speak of.

I'm sorry.  I haven't seen any of that on this forum.   :shrug:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I spotted how easy your tongue wags long ago Fantom...Now check this out....

I never molested underage girls in my thirties. 

Not that freakin hard.

How about your 20s, 40s, or 50s?

I've never molested ANY girl ever!  And I seriously doubt that Roy Moore has either! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I understand, this was the website that first went Trump central and turned 180 about face on Cruz. Then suddenly has mixed feelings about Trump after Bannon got the boot from the administration. I earlier (in another post weeks ago) expressed my dislike of how Bannon suddenly after a couple of days campaigning in Alabama suddenly acted like he was the reason for Moore victory over Luther Strange. Glory hounding basically.

But.... (there is that Butt word)....

Not many have the deep pockets in today's media world to research items from a more conservative view point in any depth. So I gave the article a look over and it actually dug deeper than most articles out there. Especially since I know if you don't trust them, you certainly don't trust the Washington Post either. Being from Alabama, let me just say you wouldn't trust Al(dot)com either if you knew them. But just because an article is from the WP or Al(dot)com does not mean they don't also have gleams of truth mixed in with their agenda push.

The Breitbart article did some good digging I thought. First off, the no phone thing in the bedroom is sorta a thing I would not chase. Yes, she did not have a phone in her bedroom, but most of us that age remember having phones with long cords or those curly cords that you could stretch a long ways, so maybe she just stretched the cord to her bedroom. Who knows. I know you could walk a long ways with grandmother's phone cord.

Anyway, the article points out that there was only a 12 day period that this could of happened. For two dates and a 3rd call that is a pretty good crunch time.

Also it did a good job of disputing the time frame of her so called rebellious days that she claimed was part of Roy's doing. The article points out the court says she was having those problems before the court date, and that is is documented in the court papers. Interesting. Also the court papers state that after the so called incident with Roy Moore, the court papers say her behavior improved, not the opposite as claimed.

It was interesting to me, after the year and the daughter so called improvement in behavior, the mother filed to take the child back from the father. Talk about unfair to a dad. Just me speculating here as a dad, but dang, take the kid, she starts acting better than you get punished for it.

Also the "picked her up around the corner" intersection was almost a mile from the house, across a major road (dangerous traffic to cross)...

Now that does sound strange to arrange to be picked up so far away. Did she not want Moore to see her home? That sounds odd, but true to life, my wife on our first date did not arrange to meet at her home (she didn't want me to know where she lived in case I was a nut like her previous suitor). So did she make up the story of where they met for the pickup or did she have a desire to meet far from home for a reason like my wife did.

Anyway, I found the article by Breitbart to be above par. At least they were trying to dig for some truth.

Link to article that was discussed above for others to read if they so wanted.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/21/court-documents-raise-significant-questions-leigh-corfmans-accusations-roy-moore/

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:09:09 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....