Author Topic: Ted Cruz vs the Iowans. The battle continues  (Read 2302 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Ted Cruz vs the Iowans. The battle continues
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2017, 11:07:42 pm »
   Brilliant, concise insight @Smokin Joe and @Free Vulcan, thanks for posting. Being a Cruzer I STILL give Ted the benefit of the doubt. 
   I will acknowledge that you can't get elected as a US Senator in Texas without Big OIL $$$$ and interest.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 02:01:05 am »
   Brilliant, concise insight @Smokin Joe and @Free Vulcan, thanks for posting. Being a Cruzer I STILL give Ted the benefit of the doubt. 
   I will acknowledge that you can't get elected as a US Senator in Texas without Big OIL $$$$ and interest.
Ted had little of this compared to the establishment candidate David Dewhurst.

It could be just he was a better politician, a better speaker and a man of principles.

So guess again.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:02:05 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 02:08:05 am »
Ted had little of this compared to the establishment candidate David Dewhurst.

It could be just he was a better politician, a better speaker and a man of principles.

So guess again.

Agreed, @IsailedawayfromFR it was a very broad generalization on my part. Most ALL the TX OIL Money was on Dewhurst in 2012, Exxon and Tillerson included. 
   In 2018 the Oil $$$ will be on Cruz, ya think?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2017, 02:11:08 am »
   Agreed, @IsailedawayfromFR it was a very broad generalization on my part. Most ALL the TX OIL Money was on Dewhurst in 2012, Exxon and Tillerson included. 
   In 2018 the Oil $$$ will be on Cruz, ya think?
Absolutely Oil men will like him for the most part.

But why then do you think Cruz was elected in the first place if not by the money?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2017, 02:18:12 am »
I don't believe a more baffling and inconsequential post has ever been made on this forum. Nice work Tom.

888high58888  :laughingdog:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2017, 02:40:24 am »
Absolutely Oil men will like him for the most part.

But why then do you think Cruz was elected in the first place if not by the money?

Correct me if I'm wrong @IsailedawayfromFR but Cruz bypassed the non existent Texas Money with personal contributions and Rebecca Mercer. 
   Cruz was elected to the US Senate because Texans believe him and as far as I'm concerned he hasn't let me down, not once, not yet. (he is a politician, after all)         
   Am I beginning to sound like a Trumpster, with all this blind devotion?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2017, 02:44:08 am »
Yes...

...but...

...he's representing the interests of his state.

Not true.  We use MORE oil because of ethanol mandates than we would without them.  Which is why ethanol mandates suck.  Cruz stands on economic principle.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2017, 02:48:20 am »
   Correct me if I'm wrong @IsailedawayfromFR but Cruz bypassed the non existent Texas Money with personal contributions and Rebecca Mercer. 
   Cruz was elected to the US Senate because Texans believe him and as far as I'm concerned he hasn't let me down, not once, not yet. (he is a politician, after all)         
   Am I beginning to sound like a Trumpster, with all this blind devotion?
Ted had some money coming in, but it was paltry next to Dewhurst, something like one tenth as much.

It was not money that elected Ted Cruz.

Intelligence in his spoken words, his obvious moral upbringing, his Hispanic name and a fervor felt by others in doing what is right for America and Texas.

I met him over a friend's house during the runoff.  He is genuine and a family man.  Scares the hell out of the libs.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2017, 03:11:10 am »
Lyin' Ted is at it again?

Word has it, he is building Crop Circles in a bid to battle farmers,

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2017, 03:51:26 am »
Ted had some money coming in, but it was paltry next to Dewhurst, something like one tenth as much.

It was not money that elected Ted Cruz.

Intelligence in his spoken words, his obvious moral upbringing, his Hispanic name and a fervor felt by others in doing what is right for America and Texas.

I met him over a friend's house during the runoff.  He is genuine and a family man.  Scares the hell out of the libs.

@corbe @IsailedawayfromFR

I haven't donated to a party. I have only donated to a candidate once in my life, and that has been Cruz.
Many of the reasons why are what the two of you are talking about.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2017, 03:52:20 am »
Lyin' Ted is at it again?

Word has it, he is building Crop Circles in a bid to battle farmers,

:silly:

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2017, 01:53:12 pm »
@corbe @IsailedawayfromFR

I haven't donated to a party. I have only donated to a candidate once in my life, and that has been Cruz.
Many of the reasons why are what the two of you are talking about.
Cause he scares the hell out of libs?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2017, 02:46:14 pm »
Cause he scares the hell out of libs?

LOL!  He scares the HELL out of ALL swamp critters!  Not any single variety!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien