Author Topic: Alabama Secretary of State: If State GOP Pulls Support for Moore and He Gets the Most Votes, Election Would Be ‘Null and Void’  (Read 13395 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Says who?

Says I.

Exhibit A)

A man who lives in Alabama in 2017 dressed like he is Pecos Bill or the cowboy from The Village People....

Offline roamer_1

Says I.

Exhibit A)

A man who lives in Alabama in 2017 dressed like he is Pecos Bill or the cowboy from The Village People....

With the exception of the funny bend of the hat (which may be a regional thing), I'd dare say I'd be seen looking the same way if I were dressed up.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
With the exception of the funny bend of the hat (which may be a regional thing), I'd dare say I'd be seen looking the same way if I were dressed up.
Not uncommon in the Dakotas, Wyoming, and the 'working' parts of Colorado and New Mexico, just to name a few places (Utah, Idaho, rural Nevada, too).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Not uncommon in the Dakotas, Wyoming, and the 'working' parts of Colorado and New Mexico, just to name a few places (Utah, Idaho, rural Nevada, too).

Texas, North Louisiana and Mississippi, Missouri, Some parts of South Carolina, all of North Carolina, and probably severl others as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Where’s the cutoff?  I live in KS and sometimes wear an oilskin hat in bad weather.  Wouldn’t want to cross the regional douchiness line.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

Other than I hate ties. :) A lady might talk me into a bolo, something silver and turquoise, but it's hard to find one that ain't as big as a belt buckle.

Ties are for funerals, because you can't get out of wearing there.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:19:28 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah, but you live where that is the fashion. Roy don't. He'd be less ridiculous looking if he wore a Hawaiian skirt and flip flops.

Offline roamer_1

Where’s the cutoff?  I live in KS and sometimes wear an oilskin hat in bad weather.  Wouldn’t want to cross the regional douchiness line.

I have kin in Overland Park, Olathe, Topeka, Wamego, Manhattan, and Garden City... All shitkickers, big belt buckles, and cowboy hats... And not uncommon, from among those I've seen.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, but you live where that is the fashion. Roy don't. He'd be less ridiculous looking if he wore a Hawaiian skirt and flip flops.

LOL! So you don't get south to Kentucky and Tennessee, huh? Never been to Alabama, but I've been to Mississippi, which is spittin distance... Redneck is redneck, everywhere I've been. To include Michigan, and especially the UP. rural Illinois and Indiana.

Wait... Is Indiana racist now? Should that be NativeAmericana?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I have kin in Overland Park, Olathe, Topeka, Wamego, Manhattan, and Garden City... All shitkickers, big belt buckles, and cowboy hats... And not uncommon, from among those I've seen.

Guess I’m safe, then.  My profile pic is of the area around Castle Rock, near Quinter.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

Other than I hate ties. :) A lady might talk me into a bolo, something silver and turquoise, but it's hard to find one that ain't as big as a belt buckle.

Ties are for funerals, because you can't get out of wearing there.  :shrug:
I wore ties for two years in private school. I haven't worn them that many times since. Real ones have too much ligature potential (not to mention a propensity for getting into everything from coffee to machinery), and clip on deals are just fake to me, so it's a bolo or nothing as a rule, unless I'm back East at a funeral or wedding, 'cause they just don't 'get' a bolo out that way. We're seeing that about the hat and vest right here, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I wore ties for two years in private school. I haven't worn them that many times since. Real ones have too much ligature potential (not to mention a propensity for getting into everything from coffee to machinery), and clip on deals are just fake to me, so it's a bolo or nothing as a rule, unless I'm back East at a funeral or wedding, 'cause they just don't 'get' a bolo out that way. We're seeing that about the hat and vest right here, too.

I purposefully got mine caught in the  paper shredder at work once.  Worked like a charm.  Ties were declared a safety hazard unless yhere was a client in the office.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:43:53 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, that's all right... I have one tie, and it's black.

:beer:

Offline RetBobbyMI

Back on topic...the Gov now announces support for Roy Moore.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Excellent news!  Thanks!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah. We wouldn't want to miss a gripping moment of the Rev Hayseed soap opera sponsored by Palmolive.

Offline roamer_1

Guess I’m safe, then.  My profile pic is of the area around Castle Rock, near Quinter.

I been through there about a hundred times... That's on 70... Western KS... Kinda by Oakley. There's a diner right in around there I stopped at whenever I went through... Short of Oakley heading west... Right off the freeway. That might have been Quinter.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah, that's all right... I have one tie, and it's black.

:beer:
LOL!  :beer: My one tie is black as well!

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

I'd google it if you really care to know.  Doesn't matter to me.

Truth does matter to me.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

These folks really are schizophrenic. Isn't lowering the age of consent a pet issue of the homosexuals?
While this is going on here, the French are discussing establishing an 'age of consent'. The age they are looking at? Thirteen.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

While this is going on here, the French are discussing establishing an 'age of consent'. The age they are looking at? Thirteen.

Yikes! Skin and bones? No thanks. A woman doesn't become interesting until her 40’s.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yikes! Skin and bones? No thanks. A woman doesn't become interesting until her 40’s.
Some like 'em built for comfort, some for speed... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I'm going to be 62 tomorrow and, to be honest, women my own age or within five or ten years
either way are more attractive to me.

The last time I was attracted to a fourteen-year-old girl was when I was fourteen. And
when I turned fourteen, Cream was about to play their farewell concert at Royal Albert Hall
and Richard Nixon was freshly elected to the presidency.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online corbe

You Guys are all pikers here in Texas I've seen guys get out of a prius at the local grocery with Spurs on, get back to me when you get properly outfitted.

OK, he did look like a meth head.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.