Author Topic: “Uncertain as to in what position lay the Peninsula of Florida”: The Official Record and the Loss of Flight 19  (Read 347 times)

rangerrebew

“Uncertain as to in what position lay the Peninsula of Florida”: The Official Record and the Loss of Flight 19
Posted on October 16, 2017   by jessiekratz

Map of Navigation Problem #1, 1945. (National Archives Identifier 73985447)

On December 5, 1945, five Grumman Avenger aircraft, carrying 14 sailors and Marines, did not return from a routine training mission off the coast of Florida. This is a fact, and it is undisputed.

Unfortunately, that is where rational agreement ends, and the conspiracy theories begin.

https://prologue.blogs.archives.gov/2017/10/16/uncertain-as-to-in-what-position-lay-the-peninsula-of-florida-the-official-record-and-the-loss-of-flight-19/

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
“Uncertain as to in what position lay the Peninsula of Florida”: The Official Record and the Loss of Flight 19
Posted on October 16, 2017   by jessiekratz

Map of Navigation Problem #1, 1945. (National Archives Identifier 73985447)

On December 5, 1945, five Grumman Avenger aircraft, carrying 14 sailors and Marines, did not return from a routine training mission off the coast of Florida. This is a fact, and it is undisputed.

Unfortunately, that is where rational agreement ends, and the conspiracy theories begin.

https://prologue.blogs.archives.gov/2017/10/16/uncertain-as-to-in-what-position-lay-the-peninsula-of-florida-the-official-record-and-the-loss-of-flight-19/

One of the classic Bermuda Triangle stories....
Let it burn.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Lifelong civilian, don't know how to fly a plane, and can't even spell "NAS".  But for the life of me I don't understand how someone could fly east from Florida toward the Bahamas, and then think they were over the Keys.
James 1:20