Author Topic: Former Moore colleague: 'Common knowledge' that he dated high school girls  (Read 4222 times)

Oceander

Re: Former Moore colleague: 'Common knowledge' that he dated high school girls
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2017, 06:09:49 pm »
Of course it is ethical for an older adult male to date a younger adult female. That
has been going on for thousands of years. It is perfectly normal. An older male
has wealth, power and experience, females like that. A human female wants a
male that can take care of her and her children. Older men in general are better at
that then younger men.

This is not rocket science.

You certainly do spend a lot of time in Egypt. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2017, 06:10:42 pm »
You mean 'bullshit'.

No I don't.  I mean and meant politics.  It is a blood sport.  No one is immune from the fallout. No one.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2017, 06:12:06 pm »
So do not lose this GD seat!!!

We'll clean up the damage Moore's election will do to the conservative movement later.

Can I get an  :amen:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2017, 06:12:36 pm »
Well, @Cyber Liberty this supporter of President Trump calls  :bs: on this.

I'm not an expert on Alabama politics.  But I watched Luther Strange (too moderate, checkered past) and Mo Brooks (not conservative enough) discarded in the primary. 

Nearly everyone here participating in the discussions of the Alabama primary preferred Moore ... the strong heterosexual, who was ousted from the bench over his principled stance on the display of the Ten Commandments and who flirts with a political philosophy akin to Christian theocracy.

Those briefers had their prayers answered ... Moore won.  He is the chosen candidate for the general election.

All this supporter of the President wanted after his primary victory ... and now ... is for Moore to win.  Judicial appointments demand it.  So do not lose this GD seat!!!

We'll clean up the damage Moore's election will do to the conservative movement later.

I did say the analogy is imperfect.  There are others on the "other side" that feel as you do.  This cuts across the "Trump War" lines.

I'm in the "wait and see" camp.  If there really is a problem, it will be found out in due time, and AL will be looking for a new Senator.  Legally.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2017, 06:13:29 pm »
As a rule of thumb and there could be exceptions, 18, in a good number of jurisdictions, yes, Alabama had dry counties where no one can drink but 18 in general, 18, old enough to drink, old enough to vote, old enough to enlist.

You can have exceptions, but this looks like a behavior that Moore took part in perhaps repeatedly. Then, we can say, well, it was still legal, etc. etc. We've been through some of these arguments already.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:14:31 pm by TomSea »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2017, 06:13:59 pm »
You certainly do spend a lot of time in Egypt.

Europe, Asia and North America too. Human nature is well human nature.

Oceander

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2017, 06:14:30 pm »
Europe, Asia and North America too. Human nature is well human nature.

And deep, deep in denial. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2017, 06:17:26 pm »
I did say the analogy is imperfect.  There are others on the "other side" that feel as you do.  This cuts across the "Trump War" lines.

I'm in the "wait and see" camp.  If there really is a problem, it will be found out in due time, and AL will be looking for a new Senator.  Legally.

From a pragmatic point of view @Cyber Liberty there isn't time to "wait and see".

Fiddling around with changes in either the candidate or election date assures defeat.  Moore's the foot soldier in this battle, 14 years old be damned. 

Now he has to win.

Offline jpsb

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2017, 06:21:16 pm »
From a pragmatic point of view @Cyber Liberty there isn't time to "wait and see".

Fiddling around with changes in either the candidate or election date assures defeat.  Moore's the foot soldier in this battle, 14 years old be damned. 

Now he has to win.

In terms of the election, you're correct.  In terms of justice, "wait and see" is the only moral choice to make. Let AL elect him, and if there's a problem there will be time to clean it up later.  The only purpose to be served in rushing to a judgement is to seat a Dem in a safe Rep seat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2017, 06:22:10 pm »
Let’s see, if your name is Clinton and you go after a twenty-something intern, you’re a sexual predator who should be shot, but if your name is Moore and you go after high school girls when you’re 32 years old, it’s just normal human nature to be celebrated and you deserve a seat in the Senate. 

Ri-i-ght. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2017, 06:23:08 pm »

Now he has to win.

I did post that I don't care if Moore is a serial killer, we can't give the Rats a
winable Senate seat. A bit of hyperbole yeah. But seriously, elect Moore and
then if necessary "Clean up on aisle three". I doubt the clean up will be
necessary. If so, so what, politics is blood sport and you need to win to play.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2017, 06:27:05 pm »
In terms of the election, you're correct.  In terms of justice, "wait and see" is the only moral choice to make. Let AL elect him, and if there's a problem there will be time to clean it up later.  The only purpose to be served in rushing to a judgement is to seat a Dem in a safe Rep seat.

There's no need or political reasoning to prolong debate on this sordid mess after Dec 12.  Let the outcome of the election stand as the verdict on the charges against Moore.

And then move quickly to put as much distance between this mess and conservatives/republicans going forward.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:28:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2017, 06:28:34 pm »
Let’s see, if your name is Clinton and you go after a twenty-something intern, you’re a sexual predator who should be shot, but if your name is Moore and you go after high school girls when you’re 32 years old, it’s just normal human nature to be celebrated and you deserve a seat in the Senate. 

Ri-i-ght.

The only people who didn't know that was proven about Clinton were the Democrat Senators, not one of whom would view the evidence against him.  That's not a very good analogy you make.  It surprises me you could convict Moore without as much proof you would require to convict a pickpocket.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2017, 06:29:58 pm »
There's no need or political reasoning to prolong debate on this sordid mess after Dec 12.  Let the outcome of the election stand as the verdict on the charges against Moore.

And then move quickly to put as much distance between this mess and conservatives/republicans going forward.

That'll never happen.  This only goes away if he quits or is defeated.  And it will be telling when it does, won't it?
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2017, 06:31:07 pm »

Ri-i-ght.

I never went after Clinton over Monica. That was consensual, non of my business. I did
think it was tacky getting a bj while on the phone to a world leader. Very tacky. I also
thought the Clinton impeachment over consensual sex was a mistake and a waste of
time.

I consider consensual sex between adults none of my business. That is between them
their spouses and their god.

Oceander

« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2017, 06:32:17 pm »
The only people who didn't know that was proven about Clinton were the Democrat Senators, not one of whom would view the evidence against him.  That's not a very good analogy you make.  It surprises me you could convict Moore without as much proof you would require to convict a pickpocket.

He himself has already admitted “dating” high school girls when he himself was long out of high school. 

He was (ab)using the power dynamic just as much as Clinton was.  Moore preyed on high school girls when he was in his 30s. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2017, 06:32:18 pm »

Ri-i-ght.

Silly me, I thought *part* of the problem with Clinton was that she was an intern to his office which put him in direct conflict of interest with a position of power over her and Clinton was married to another woman (or at least Hillary).

Oceander

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2017, 06:33:36 pm »
Silly me, I thought *part* of the problem with Clinton was that she was an intern to his office which put him in direct conflict of interest with a position of power over her and Clinton was married to another woman (or at least Hillary).

Yes, silly you.  Perhaps you should try taking a step or two out of Egypt.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2017, 06:33:57 pm »
I never went after Clinton over Monica. That was consensual, non of my business. I did
think it was tacky getting a bj while on the phone to a world leader. Very tacky. I also
thought the Clinton impeachment over consensual sex was a mistake and a waste of
time.

I consider consensual sex between adults none of my business. That is between them
their spouses and their god.

(Sigh)  It wasn't about the sex, it was about the Perjury.  There was no doubt he banged, he said hi did it for the same reasons dogs lick themselves (because they can).  He lied about it under oath.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2017, 06:34:45 pm »

Yes, silly you.  Perhaps you should try taking a step or two out of Egypt.

They cut the hands off pickpockets in Egypt....
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2017, 06:34:45 pm »
No I don't.  I mean and meant politics.  It is a blood sport. 

No, it's bullshit. And believe me, I know bullshit.

Oceander

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2017, 06:35:29 pm »
(Sigh)  It wasn't about the sex, it was about the Perjury.  There was no doubt he banged, he said hi did it for the same reasons dogs lick themselves (because they can).  He lied about it under oath.

You do realize just how petty and pointless that is?

No, I guess not.  Too bad. 

Egypt’s getting pretty crowded right about now. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2017, 06:36:23 pm »

The harassment/power play of that situation turned peoples stomachs, the perjury turned it into an Impeachable offense.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2017, 06:37:55 pm »
You do realize just how petty and pointless that is?

No, I guess not.  Too bad. 

Egypt’s getting pretty crowded right about now.

So, perjury is commonplace and never prosecuted?  How petty of me to think so. 

You certainly are in an insulting mood today, with the constant ad hominums.
I will NOT comply.