Author Topic: Trump in Hanoi on Veterans Day  (Read 1357 times)

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
Trump in Hanoi on Veterans Day
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:08:43 pm »

Ironic that Trump is in Hanoi today.

Trump Touts Vietnam as 'One of the Great Miracles of the World'

November 11, 2017

" HANOI, VIETNAM —

U.S. President Donald Trump heaped praise on Vietnam Saturday, saying the southeast Asian nation is "one of the great miracles of the world."

Trump's remarks were made at a state banquet in the capital of Hanoi, the latest event on his five-country Asian tour. Trump, who arrived in Hanoi Saturday, told dignitaries he toured parts of the country, which he said "is really something to behold."

After the nearly 20-year Vietnam War that killed millions of people, the country's economy has been among the world's fastest growing since 1990. Its gross domestic product has grown nearly 6.5-percent annually in the 2000s, according to the World Bank. "

https://www.voanews.com/a/trump-in-hanoi/4110750.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump in Hanoi on Veterans Day
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 06:13:40 pm »

Ironic that Trump is in Hanoi today.

No. It's not. The APEC forum is going on there now.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 06:16:37 pm »
Trump marks Veterans Day in Vietnam
ABC News, Nov 10, 2017, jonathan lemire, associated press

Trump on Friday traveled to Danang, Vietnam, site of an American air base during the war, and met with seven vets who had returned to the country where they lost comrades.

Thanking the veterans, Trump said: "I got to know them for a few minutes upfront, and they are definitely tough, smart cookies. We like them. I think they like me too."

He then encouraged the veterans, organized by a group called The Greatest Generation Foundation, to speak. Several praised Trump, including Max Morgan, whose voice cracked and began to cry as he talked about fallen veterans.

"From my heart, thank you for your support of the military, and it's an honor to be here as one of seven Vietnam veterans representing the 58,000 heroes who never made it home," said Morgan, of Santa Clarita, CA.

More:  http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/trump-marks-veterans-day-vietnam-51061471
 ·

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 06:17:13 pm »

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 06:20:45 pm »
POTUS greeting American military personnel on Sunday at Yokota Air Base, Japan.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 06:22:18 pm »

Hanoi Trump

It is ironic... and some might say, traitorous... to be eating, drinking, schmoozing and praising a victorious enemy in the enemy's capital... on a special holiday he is supposed to be honoring American soldiers who gave life and limb in the Vietnam war.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:25:18 pm by KingsX »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 06:26:42 pm »

Hanoi Trump

It is ironic... and some might say, traitorous... to be eating, drinking, schmoozing and praising a victorious enemy in the enemy's capital... on a special holiday he is supposed to be honoring American soldiers who gave life and limb in the Vietnam war.

No. What's ironic is that a Leftist troll like yourself is posting on a Right wing forum.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 06:27:01 pm »

It's amazing to me that posters here don't see a problem with this...
but it is par for the course.

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 06:28:12 pm »
No. What's ironic is that a Leftist troll like yourself is posting on a Right wing forum.

888high58888

Offline KingsX

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 06:29:10 pm »

"Right wing forum"  what a joke.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 06:52:09 pm »

Don't go there @KingsX
    I served during that Era and my first impression is yea, this suxs, the optics are bad but it was almost 50 years ago (for me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EKqQWPjyo

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 06:57:42 pm »

Most normal people who had a poor opinion of a forum would delete their account and move on. Only trolls would stick around and post flame pieces and other generally idiotic posts.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 07:05:49 pm »
Put them on ignore @KingsX , I haven't seen this leftism so much. I admit I haven't read your tax posts in full but on other issues, there is no way you are a troll or leftist. Put bullies on ignore, I hate saying that. Sometimes people are afraid to talk, they are intimidated.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:06:36 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 07:07:38 pm »
By the way, the article headline is different than your self-made headline. I'm pointing that out. I'm not saying to anyone to change it. It does editorialize it some though.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 07:14:30 pm »

Most normal people who had a poor opinion of a forum would delete their account and move on. Only trolls would stick around and post flame pieces and other generally idiotic posts.

YOU are the one saying this is a "right-wing" forum,  not me.

Posting the truth is a "flame piece' only when it make you hot under the collar.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 07:32:51 pm »

Hanoi Trump

I would hardly call the Vietnamese a "victorious enemy", my recollections are that once we got rid of the democrats in the White House, who were responsible for so many of those deaths and injuries, we were kicking the crap out of the North Vietnamese and forcing them to the negotiating table before they were exterminated, not that Congress would have ever allowed our soldiers an out and out victory.

It seems to me that while Trump is out of the country on this Veterans Day, he has praised and given thanks to our Vets and America, unlike Obungo who took every opportunity one might say especially in foreign countries to denigrate America and it's military.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2017, 08:07:32 pm »
Did Trump meet Putin on Veterans day as well?

That may have actually been last night, however the time distance is but one could almost say the same for that.

"Trump meets Putin on Veterans Day".

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 08:18:29 pm »

Hanoi Trump

Had Obama done this, the complaints would have been flying.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 08:21:08 pm »

Done what? Worked on Veterans Day? Zero would never do that. He always had a tee time lined up.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 08:44:38 pm »

Here is a related topic

Trump says U.S. won't be 'taken advantage of anymore.' Hours later, Pacific Rim nations reach deal on trade without America.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,290611.0.html

Offline KingsX

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 08:55:13 pm »

Did Trump meet Putin on Veterans day as well?

That may have actually been last night, however the time distance is but one could almost say the same for that.

"Trump meets Putin on Veterans Day".

Trump spoke with Putin on Friday.  Then on Saturday, Veterans Day,  Trump went to Hanoi for a state banquet.   

" Trump attended the annual Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Danang on Saturday, one of several summits he is planning to attend during a five-country Asian tour. Later Saturday, he left for Hanoi, the capital, to attend a state banquet before formal meetings Sunday with Vietnam's president and prime minister.

The U.S. president attended the summit’s welcome event and gala dinner Friday evening, where he was seen shaking hands and exchanging a few words with Russian President Vladimir Putin. "

https://www.voanews.com/a/trump-asian-leaders-apec-summit/4110674.html

Offline KingsX

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2017, 08:58:53 pm »

Exactly...  posters here would be complaining... except for the Kremlin trolls.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2017, 09:01:22 pm »
If there is significance seen in Trump being in Hanoi on Veterans' Day, then, would one say there is significance too in tearing up that Asian Pacific trade agreement?

It's pretty amazing that we have relations with VN; but it's often called a Stalinist regime.

Asia-Pacific forum sticks to free-trade gospel despite Trump

By tran van minh and elaine kurtenbach, associated press

DANANG, Vietnam — Nov 11, 2017, 6:58 AM ET
The Associated Press

An annual Pacific Rim summit is sticking with its tradition of promoting free trade and closer regional ties, shrugging off President Donald Trump's "America First" approach.

The leaders of the 21-member Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum said Saturday that they had recommitted to fighting protectionism and "all unfair trade practices." They also expressed support for multi-country institutions and regional as well as country-to-country trade agreements.

Trade ministers from 11 of the Pacific Rim countries announced an agreement on pushing ahead with a free-trade deal, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, whose destiny had been cast into doubt after Trump pulled the U.S. out.

Efforts to get an agreement on how to proceed without the U.S. stumbled at the last moment, with leaders unable to formally endorse the proposal. But trade ministers announced a preliminary deal, with some details to be worked out later.

Continued at: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/pacific-trade-deal-reached-leaders-endorse-51079055

Offline KingsX

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 09:14:20 pm »

If there is significance seen in Trump being in Hanoi on Veterans' Day, then, would one say there is significance too in tearing up that Asian Pacific trade agreement?

It's pretty amazing that we have relations with VN; but it's often called a Stalinist regime.

I've suspected from the beginning that Trump is a set-up.
That's why I symbolically refer to him as the "Governor of Gutium"....
a high-ranking Babylonian who had secretly defected to Cryus...
who led Cyrus' troops in a stealth invasion of ancient Babylon
after they 'drained the water' from the Euphrates River at
Babylon which enabled them to secretly invade Babylon by
going 'under the wall' that was too strong to overtly breach.

This historic analogy is repeated in Revelation 16:12 [this was
also part of ancient Israel's history and they knew it quite well.]
In Rev 16:12 an angel dries the water from the Euphrates River,
to prepare the way for the kings of the east.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:27:51 pm by KingsX »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 10:30:46 pm »
I don't see any refugees or imigrants from Vietnam lining up to go back. From ×hat Imcan tell, more are coming our way.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn