Author Topic: Trump says U.S. won't be 'taken advantage of anymore.' Hours later, Pacific Rim nations reach deal on trade without America.  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Suppressed

Trump says U.S. won't be 'taken advantage of anymore.' Hours later, Pacific Rim nations reach deal on trade without America.

By Ashley Parker
November 10, 2017 at 10:36 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-politics/wp/2017/11/10/trump-says-u-s-wont-be-taken-advantage-of-anymore-and-hours-later-pacific-rim-nations-reach-deal-on-trade-without-u-s-buy-in/

DANANG, Vietnam — President Trump delivered a fiery speech on trade here Friday, declaring that he would not allow the United States to be “taken advantage of anymore” and planned to place “America first.”

And then, less than 24 hours later, 11 Pacific Rim countries collectively shrugged and moved on without the U.S.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline endicom

That speech really showed them!

Perhaps more than you've realized: “What we will no longer do is enter into large agreements that tie our hands, surrender our sovereignty, and make meaningful enforcement practically impossible.”

Looks good to me.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Perhaps more than you've realized: “What we will no longer do is enter into large agreements that tie our hands, surrender our sovereignty, and make meaningful enforcement practically impossible.”

Looks good to me.

Damn good!  @endicom    :patriot:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

are you somehow implying this is a good thing or a bad thing?

What do you believe he showed?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

It did. About time someone called them out for their bullshit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Are you saying a bad agreement is better than no agreement?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

are you somehow implying this is a good thing or a bad thing?

No.

That the globe is bigger than the US.
+++++++++

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Since we no longer manufacture shit in this country and import nearly everything we consume, and goods we do build and manufacture here are ten times the cost due to Union dues, government red tape and taxes - having the world make their own trade agreements without any involvement from is is going to really suck in the near future for most of us.

But hey - like imbeciles, we think we are all that and that we are invincible, and that we are still vitally important to the world and that without us the world will come begging for us to come back. 

We are about to be shown a very painful lesson in the consequences of stupidity and shackling our own selves to the prison of central planning and big government coupled with a quasi-isolationist economic policy.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline KingsX

Since we no longer manufacture shit in this country and import nearly everything we consume, and goods we do build and manufacture here are ten times the cost due to Union dues, government red tape and taxes - having the world make their own trade agreements without any involvement from is is going to really suck in the near future for most of us.

But hey - like imbeciles, we think we are all that and that we are invincible, and that we are still vitally important to the world and that without us the world will come begging for us to come back. 

We are about to be shown a very painful lesson in the consequences of stupidity and shackling our own selves to the prison of central planning and big government coupled with a quasi-isolationist economic policy.

Well said !

And what we do export to the world is degenerate entertainment and social marxism.

It makes me think of former UK PM  Cameron  when he said:  " I want to export gay marriage around the world"... as if that were a commodity to be valued and praised.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10200636/I-want-to-export-gay-marriage-around-the-world-says-David-Cameron.html

It also makes me think of this...

Leading up to the fall of ancient Rome, much of what was consumed by Romans was imported.

Roman citizens lived in luxury and reveled in degeneracy while the Roman government entertained them with bread and circuses.

As J V Nash wrote in Henry Ford’s “Dearborn Independent” magazine in 1921:

” So agriculture, industry and trade were abandoned. The products of the whole known world streamed daily along the great Roman roads into the Imperial City, which sent back nothing in return but carts loaded with dung.

Exporting "dung" is what the degenerate US has been reduced to.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:03:08 pm by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

NO. @KingsX

There is a painful lesson coming.

IMO, both of you only will be witnesses. Think not of ten nations. Think in "now" terms of trading blocs--partnerships.

You ain't changing it.

In my own little way I am a master wood crafter. But I am also a plumber, welder, electrician, mechanic...

Break the ties that bind. And if we have to 'suffer' for it. BRING IT ON.

Sometimes...I fail...when I gave my free will back to the giver...sometimes...I think I need it back. But I don't...need it back.

Thy Will Be Done.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline KingsX

@ bigheadfred

There wouldn't be a "passion play" without the villains playing their role.

God sends the end of the age villain Gog [Magog] against His own people to wake them up.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

@ bigheadfred

God sends the end of the age villain Gog [Magog] against His own people to wake them up.

@KingsX
@Quix

There are people who are really into this Bible prophecy on this website. It's been a bit quiet lately but it is in the "alternative realities" thread about those kinds of things or UFOs, etc.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,145.0.html

See, there's Gog and Magog.  That's all fascinating, I'm not sure I buy into it myself, I use to watch that Jack Van Impe a lot and some Hal Lewis, read some of those books.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

@ bigheadfred

You missed the point. Aberrantly by your, IMO, misreading.

You talk. Can you walk? In your age?

Thread hijack.

It is "Anglo American Exceptionalism" that brought the world to the height of civilization "we" all enjoy. Technically.

Honey bees and elephants.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@KingsX
@Quix

There are people who are really into this Bible prophecy on this website. It's been a bit quiet lately but it is in the "alternative realities" thread about those kinds of things or UFOs, etc.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,145.0.html

See, there's Gog and Magog.  That's all fascinating, I'm not sure I buy into it myself, I use to watch that Jack Van Impe a lot and some Hal Lewis, read some of those books.

@TomSea, step outside of your daily horror show. You are an observant and great poster.  I tend to get right up to the short hairs in things.

More and more and more. The better our science gets. The better the WORD is understood.

Really. Seriously. Look up some vids on quantum theory and mechanics.

Offline KingsX

You missed the point. Aberrantly by your, IMO, misreading.

I doubt that.

You posted:  " Thy Will Be Done. "

If you have spent much time reading the Bible,
then you know, God also uses "useful idiots"
to bring about His perfect will.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

That the globe is bigger than the US.

So you believe Trump showed us that the rest of the world is better than the USA? 

If so, you apparently are comfortable to let the globalists run our economy.

Well, I am not.  We get to decide how to do it, not any of them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

So you believe Trump showed us that the rest of the world is better than the USA? 

I believe your reading comprehension is better than that, and you've made a deliberate attempt to misrepresent what I wrote. 

Apologies if your reading comprehension really is poor, and you don't know the difference between "bigger" and "better".
+++++++++

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I doubt that.

I read everything (I can)

IMO, the "Bible" we have is a political statement. Especially the Old Testament.

Offline The_Reader_David

Pulling out of the TPP is one of the few upsides I saw beyond depriving the left of control of the Executive Branch to a Trump presidency (note the past tense, I held this view during the primaries), but not for the reason Trump and his supporters regard it as good.  The main problem with the TPP was that it was a give-away to entrenched incumbents in the market because it would have fixed with the force of treaty expansions of copyrights and patents on behalf not of authors (and artists and composers) and inventors, but on behalf of publishers and "rightsholders" who never created or invented anything.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I doubt that.

Annnd...you are useful...but you aren't. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mKDvp7MavQ

uh huh

I like you.

Keep it up.   :beer:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Pulling out of the TPP is one of the few upsides I saw beyond depriving the left of control of the Executive Branch to a Trump presidency (note the past tense, I held this view during the primaries), but not for the reason Trump and his supporters regard it as good.  The main problem with the TPP was that it was a give-away to entrenched incumbents in the market because it would have fixed with the force of treaty expansions of copyrights and patents on behalf not of authors (and artists and composers) and inventors, but on behalf of publishers and "rightsholders" who never created or invented anything.

Cut to the chase.

Offline Victoria33

@INVAR

Many times you are the only one who makes sense here - you can see beyond the decoration to the bedrock.