Author Topic: TripAdvisor Is Hiding Serious Crimes Taking Place At Mexican Resorts  (Read 2335 times)

rangerrebew

TripAdvisor Is Hiding Serious Crimes Taking Place At Mexican Resorts
November 4, 2017

Business Insider – The travel booking and review website TripAdvisor is built on trust between itself, its users, and the businesses that receive reviews and customers from the site.

But that trust is breaking in dangerous ways, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, which found numerous examples of users reporting first-hand accounts of rape and assault in reviews for hotels and resorts, only to find that their testimonies had been removed by the site.

http://www.illegalaliencrimereport.com/rape/tripadvisor-is-hiding-serious-crimes-taking-place-at-mexican-resorts/

Offline Applewood

Re: TripAdvisor Is Hiding Serious Crimes Taking Place At Mexican Resorts
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 02:43:22 pm »
Well, first of all, if you go to a third world country for vacation, you ought to have your head examined.  These crimes have been publicized all over.  If you don't know about them, you aren't paying attention.  And if you know these places are dangerous, but you go anyway, then you're a moron and I don't have any sympathy for you. 

Next, TripAdvisor probably has no way of knowing whether allegations of rape, robbery or other violent crime are true.  There are people who troll these review sites posting phony reviews trashing hotels, restaurants and such either just for the hell or perhaps because they have been retained by rival facilities trying to stifle the competition.  TA tries to identify and remove phony reviews and maybe that's what they are trying to do here.  At the very least, TA should try to contact the reviewer and ask for some verification of these allegations before the review can be posted. 

I'm not a shill of TA, although I have consulted the site for reviews and recommendations and have found the site helpful.  I would like to hear their side of the story, however.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 11:27:45 pm »
Gee, did it ever occur to anybody how Tripadvisor gets paid?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 11:34:55 pm »
Can't remember whether it was posted here, but there was a story a few months back concerning American tourists being poisoned by bad booze at some resorts, some dying, and the absolute couldn't-care-less attitude of not only the hotels but also the Mexican authorities.

I wouldn't vacation in Mexico if you paid me what the trip cost.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:35:26 pm by skeeter »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:40:32 pm »
If TA reposts unproven allegations of criminal activity, it might be sued for libel.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 12:07:27 am »

Well, first of all, if you go to a third world country for vacation, you ought to have your head examined.  These crimes have been publicized all over. 

Who needs to travel to get to a third world country. We already live in one.
If your area of the country has not been affected yet... it will be.  Our federal,
state and local leaders promote the demographic third world invasion because
it pads their wallets.  They are willing to destroy our heritage for filthy lucre.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:27:32 am by KingsX »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 12:20:26 am »

Who needs to travel to get to a third world country. We already live in one.
If your area of the country has not bee affected yet... it will be.  Our federal,
state and local leaders promote the demographic third world invasion because
it pads their wallets.  They are willing to destroy our heritage for filthy lucre.

I'm not a world traveler, but I've been to a few countries.  Trust me -- the US is paradise by comparison.  Do we have problems?  Yes,  but every country does. Ours are a lot fewer than most. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 12:28:05 am »
Can't remember whether it was posted here, but there was a story a few months back concerning American tourists being poisoned by bad booze at some resorts, some dying, and the absolute couldn't-care-less attitude of not only the hotels but also the Mexican authorities.

Likewise. I have family who frequently travel to Cancun and all the other "in" resorts there.  Not me. 

When I travel, I like to explore my surroundings, sample the local flavor, so to speak.    I don't want to be stuck at the resort because I could be mugged, raped or killed if I left the property.  And now, you aren't even safe in the resorts themselves. 

No thank you.  I'll stay in the USA.  At least for now, if I have a problem, I can talk to someone who speaks English.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 12:32:09 am »
You'd have to be crazy to vacation in Mexico IMO.

But that's just my opinion.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 12:54:37 am »
   Vacationing at home in Texas or anywhere along the Southern Border can be dangerous enough.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 01:40:29 am »
   Vacationing at home in Texas or anywhere along the Southern Border can be dangerous enough.
I do hope you are not afraid of vacationing in Texas.  It is the best state I have ever traveled in, and there are only two left I have never been to.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 01:51:00 am »
   I live blocks away from the confluence of one of the top vacation spots in Texas, the Comal/Guadalupe Rivers.
   When I vacation I go west to the Frio River, north of Uvalde and I'm due. 

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 03:31:32 am »

I'm not a world traveler, but I've been to a few countries.  Trust me -- the US is paradise by comparison.  Do we have problems?  Yes,  but every country does. Ours are a lot fewer than most.

That's because there is still a large White population in the USA
[more in some places than in others] but it is quickly disappearing...
along with the last majority White generation of baby boomers...
I'm glad I will be leaving with them.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:32:37 am by KingsX »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 03:37:49 am »

Yes, we had that story, this is the way I have felt too, Mexico has become a dangerous country, a near-failed state in parts like the North. The days of hopping on their buses and going down to Mazatlan or wherever is over for many of us.

A country of 100,000,000, so are some of these problems just in the background? Maybe.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 03:38:01 am »

I live blocks away from the confluence of one of the top vacation spots in Texas, the Comal/Guadalupe Rivers.

When my family vacationed... we usually left Texas to camp out some place cool... like the Rocky mountains.

The last vacation I took was to San Antonio to be at the Alamo [probably for the last time.] It was sad to see it totally surrounded by a conquering Mexican demographic army.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 03:42:32 am »

That's because there is still a large White population in the USA
[more in some places than in others] but it is quickly disappearing...
along with the last majority White generation of baby boomers...
I'm glad I will be leaving with them.

Maybe so...I love the people, whatever their color may be, I don't love the way they vote, always at least... and yes, quite a few illegals are committing crimes here.

It's amazing the difference in say, my home state of New Mexico and then, see some of the Midwestern States, upper especially, heavily white. It was like a new experience seeing this. New Mexico even was rather solidly red not that long ago, but one can discern shifts.

Trump may be able though, to consolidate some sort of new voting constituency with more minorities, I don't think, in my opinion, you may disagree, electing him was like the last chance saloon to try to preserve somewhat what America has been. It's the ideals but to think one can inculcate these values into foreigners may not be realistic.

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 03:53:13 am »

When my family vacationed... we usually left Texas to camp out some place cool... like the Rocky mountains.

The last vacation I took was to San Antonio to be at the Alamo [probably for the last time.] It was sad to see it totally surrounded by a conquering Mexican demographic army.

My Father always told me the Mexicans weren't going to be happy till they got back what we stole from them, which they stole from someone else and so it goes back all the way to the Vikings or some obscure European Sailor. 
   MY Family originally settled that town (San Antonio de bexar) in 1731 and yes there are a lot of Illegals in this area but I know many Hispanic families that are just as American as you or I. They love this Country, their Children and take an investment in their Community, many have even served in uniform.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 04:46:45 am »
Americans staying away in droves does not make a dent in the tourist industry in Mexico, because vacancies are easily filled by vacationing Russians. They ignore stories like this. I last vacationed in Mexico 17 years ago. I will never go back.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline KingsX

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 05:30:50 am »

My Father always told me the Mexicans weren't going to be happy till they got back what we stole from them...

Mexico owned [part] of Texas for 15 years, from 1821 to 1836.
Before 1821,  Mexico and most of Texas belonged to Spain.

Btw... did you know Spain had a color "caste" system in Mexico
to try to prevent race-mixing.  The year after Texas won its
independence from Mexico, it too enacted anti-race-mixing law.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:43:55 am by KingsX »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 05:47:02 am »
For the history of the region, two James Michener books are very good; namely

Texas
Mexico

In one of them he tells about the racial hierarchy in early Mexico

--Spanish born
--Mexico born pure Spanish
--Mixed Spanish and Indian
--Pure Indian

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2017, 02:39:53 pm »
The wife and I have made frequent trips to the American Southwest in the last fifteen years.  We've visited Big Bend National Park numerous times and taken the park roads that go right to the border. We've even waved at people on the other side of the Rio Grande when they waved at us. And near St. Elena canyon we've put our feet into the river.
At no time did we feel that our lives were in danger.  Whenever you get near the border, you are alerted to the numerous Border Patrol vehicles and checkpoints there.
Not that I haven't given thought to the possibility of running into bad guys from across the border, but we don't let that dissuade us from enjoying our visits to the great American Southwest.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2017, 02:52:34 pm »

Mexico owned [part] of Texas for 15 years, from 1821 to 1836.
Before 1821,  Mexico and most of Texas belonged to Spain.

Btw... did you know Spain had a color "caste" system in Mexico
to try to prevent race-mixing.  The year after Texas won its
independence from Mexico, it too enacted anti-race-mixing law.

I have read it was mexican policy at the time to invite immigration to its northern regions because the Mexico could not control the Apaches. They figured gringos could and finally make productive use of the land.

Americans who took them up on it did so in part because Mexico had a constitution that was more or less similar to the one they were used to.

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 03:12:26 pm »

Our first family reunions in the early 70s was right near there at a resort on the Guadalupe right on I35 that is no longer there.  We gravitated over to the Heidelberg resort later on.

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 03:14:22 pm »
this doesn't help Mexican vacations either.

Mexican Border State Cops Executed U.S. Tourists and Covered It Up, Say Sources

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/11/07/mexican-border-state-cops-executed-u-s-tourists-covered-say-sources/

Offline thackney

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 03:28:53 pm »
Americans staying away in droves does not make a dent in the tourist industry in Mexico, because vacancies are easily filled by vacationing Russians. They ignore stories like this. I last vacationed in Mexico 17 years ago. I will never go back.

Russia is not a significant source of tourism for Mexico.

http://www.datatur.sectur.gob.mx/SitePages/Visitantes%20por%20Nacionalidad.aspx
Life is fragile, handle with prayer