Author Topic: Rod Rosenstein criticizes tech companies for phone encryption  (Read 331 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rod Rosenstein criticizes tech companies for phone encryption
« on: November 09, 2017, 07:35:09 pm »

by Kelly Cohen | Nov 9, 2017, 10:19 AM

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein lamented the inability for federal investigators to get into the cellphones of crime suspects and the failure of technology companies to assist in the effort.

Speaking at a business breakfast in Maryland early Thursday, Rosenstein used the example of the phone of Devin Patrick Kelley, the suspect who opened fire on a congregation in Sutherland Springs, Texas, on Sunday, killing 26 people. The FBI currently has Kelley’s iPhone — he was killed following the shooting — but the phone is locked and investigators are unable to get around the phone’s encryption.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rod-rosenstein-criticizes-tech-companies-for-phone-encryption/article/2640147
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Rod Rosenstein criticizes tech companies for phone encryption
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 01:59:10 am »
by Kelly Cohen | Nov 9, 2017, 10:19 AM

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein lamented the inability for federal investigators to get into the cellphones of crime suspects and the failure of technology companies to assist in the effort.

Speaking at a business breakfast in Maryland early Thursday, Rosenstein used the example of the phone of Devin Patrick Kelley, the suspect who opened fire on a congregation in Sutherland Springs, Texas, on Sunday, killing 26 people. The FBI currently has Kelley’s iPhone — he was killed following the shooting — but the phone is locked and investigators are unable to get around the phone’s encryption.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rod-rosenstein-criticizes-tech-companies-for-phone-encryption/article/2640147
I'm sure Rosenstein ( I can't say that name in my head without thinking of a bad Dracula movie ) would be just fine with allowing open access to just anyone that wanted to peruse his phone and connected files.