Author Topic: John McCain Confirms: Tax Reform Is "DOA In The Senate"  (Read 5042 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John McCain Confirms: Tax Reform Is "DOA In The Senate"
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:32:10 pm »
John McCain Confirms: Tax Reform Is "DOA In The Senate"

by Tyler Durden
Nov 6, 2017 2:26 PM

It’s official: The Republican tax reform bill is dead on arrival in the Senate now that John McCain has become the third Republican senator to confirm that he plans to vote against it.

What’s worse for the Trump administration, McCain reportedly wants the bill to receive input from both parties – a criticism that he cited as his reason for voting against the Trump administration’s plan to repeal and replace Obamacare. This is particularly problematic because there’s approximately zero chance that any Democratic lawmakers will break ranks to vote with Republicans, despite President Donald Trump repeatedly saying that he expects to win a modicum of bipartisan support.

more
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-06/john-mccain-confirms-tax-reform-doa-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fantom

Re: John McCain Confirms: Tax Reform Is "DOA In The Senate"
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:50:28 pm »

Good Lord, cancer cannot take this treasonous POS fast enough.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 12:45:49 am »

I hate to jump on this bandwagon, but you're right. A mean, vindictive, little man. He may have had a moment of great character and bravery in Vietnam, but it must have changed him. All he's ever done since is find ways of stabbing his "allies" in the back.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:54:44 am »

:thumbsup3:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 01:00:03 am »
Its weird. McCain seems intent upon making a great many people very very happy when that day finally comes.

I wonder if he thinks he can outlast this administration.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:00:38 am by skeeter »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 01:02:20 am »
I hate to jump on this bandwagon, but you're right. A mean, vindictive, little man. He may have had a moment of great character and bravery in Vietnam, but it must have changed him. All he's ever done since is find ways of stabbing his "allies" in the back.

Oh, I do not profess such sentiment with joy, rather profound disgust. Disgust at a total slimeball...McCain.

Whether or not his military service was of great character..certainly more-so than Band of Brother Kerry, I am reminded of Benedict Arnold. Also one lauded for his prior service .. and ending in Treason.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 01:08:21 am »
Oh, I do not profess such sentiment with joy, rather profound disgust. Disgust at a total slimeball...McCain.

Whether or not his military service was of great character..certainly more-so than Band of Brother Kerry, I am reminded of Benedict Arnold. Also one lauded for his prior service .. and ending in Treason.

A great way to look at him!  :amen:

It is so disheartening to see these turncoats let their personal animus for Pres. Trump destroy an opportunity to help the American people they supposedly represent. They ought to look at Sen Cruz as an example to follow. Sen Cruz has put aside a lot more than they ever had to deal with from Pres. Trump and he still pushes for the agenda they were elected to enact.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Fantom

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 01:12:51 am »
A great way to look at him!  :amen:

It is so disheartening to see these turncoats let their personal animus for Pres. Trump destroy an opportunity to help the American people they supposedly represent. They ought to look at Sen Cruz as an example to follow. Sen Cruz has put aside a lot more than they ever had to deal with from Pres. Trump and he still pushes for the agenda they were elected to enact.

Absolutely, I am a Cruz man through and through. Certainly having my doubts about President Trump, I am pleasantly surprised and hopeful. And yes, Teds actions are the markings of a great man. I follow Ted.   :patriot: :beer:

Frederick Douglass

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 01:45:13 am »
Surprise!  Oh well, I doubt whatever we would have ended up with would be an improvement from what we have anyway, given Republicans recent history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 01:57:03 am »

Great news !

Today, I turned on FOX business news to see the host ranting about how the GOP increased the individual tax rate.  I thought to myself,  FINALLY someone speaks out against the GOP for increasing the LOWEST tax rate for the poorest taxpayers.  But alas, he wasn't ranting against that.  He was ranting against the GOP for increasing the tax rate on the richest taxpayers.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 02:01:59 am »

They ought to look at Sen Cruz as an example to follow.

LYING TED is still saying the GOP's tax plan "doubles" the standard deduction and lowers everyone's tax rate.
The moron is delusional.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:02:43 am by KingsX »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 02:03:50 am »

LYING TED is still saying the GOP's tax plan "doubles" the standard deduction and lowers everyone's tax rate.
The moron is delusional.

I'm pretty sure he does it just to piss you off.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 02:06:26 am »

I'm pretty sure he does it just to piss you off.

He's not the only one.  Paul Ryan is his evil twin.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 02:10:36 am »

He's not the only one.  Paul Ryan is his evil twin.

Wow.  Paul Ryan was born in Canada too?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 04:43:44 am »

Great news !

Today, I turned on FOX business news to see the host ranting about how the GOP increased the individual tax rate.  I thought to myself,  FINALLY someone speaks out against the GOP for increasing the LOWEST tax rate for the poorest taxpayers.  But alas, he wasn't ranting against that.  He was ranting against the GOP for increasing the tax rate on the richest taxpayers.

Oh come on!  If you were watching FOX business you would have to be an idiot to not have known that in the first place.  And hey, I don't want to raise taxes on anyone. I actually thought this may have helped me.
I am definitely not rich.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline KingsX

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 05:20:50 am »

Oh come on!  If you were watching FOX business you would have to be an idiot to not have known that in the first place.  And hey, I don't want to raise taxes on anyone. I actually thought this may have helped me.
I am definitely not rich.

I turn the channel to FOX business news before I go to bed. So it is the first thing I see when I turn on the TV the next day to check out the business news.  Right after I woke up today,  I turned on the TV and the English guy was ranting at a guest.  The first words I heard were about the GOP raising an individual tax rate.  Since I have been ranting for weeks about the GOP raising the lowest tax rate from 10% to 12%... in my still sleepy state of mind,  that was my first thought.  Then immediately it became clear he was ranting about the GOP's last minute increase  [back to the current tax rate] on the highest incomes. 

Here's the irony... when so many here were attacking me for my position against the GOP tax plan.... I remember saying that some of them might find out the hard way they will be negatively affected as well.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:24:28 am by KingsX »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 06:08:17 am »
So McCain won the coin toss with Chuck Schumer to announce this?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 07:54:08 am »
"Bob Corker has also insisted that he wouldn’t vote for any tax plan that adds even a penny to the debt."

We are surrounded by Keynesian obfuscation and double speak from every corner of 'The Swamp'.

http://www.keynesatharvard.org/
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 08:56:41 am »
Thank God for the senile cancer Senator...if not for him who would Trump and GOP blame their impotence.

Online DB

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 08:57:24 am »
And Palin endorsed this man for reelection...

That was the end of my support of Palin...

McCain is the most vile Republican I can think of...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 09:08:41 am »
If only for McCain...The Trump GOP would have locked up Crooked Hitlery.
If only for McCain...The Trump GOP would have built The Wall.
If only for McCain...The Trump GOP would have drained the swamp.
If only for McCain...The Trump GOP would have repealed Obamacare.
If only for McCain...The Trump GOP would have lowered taxes.

If only for McCain...The Trump GOP would not be bending you forward again. 88finger point

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 09:45:23 am »
The irony of McCain, of all people, using the term 'DOA' is rich.

The guy is taking some serious Meds. He is going to radiology daily, from what I hear. And his brain is not well. This is some serious stuff for him to still be running around in the Senate.

What we will see over the next months is that he will become increasingly more and more irrational, to the point where he is finally totally out of control. I'm not saying that as a gibe or an insult of any kind. It is a simple unavoidable fact of the reality of his situation.

At this point I wouldn't consider McCain to be a 'Republican' at all. Or a Democrat. I don't think even he knows what he is? He seems to be simply a mean, vindictive, dying old man, who is determined to screw up as much as he possibly can before he finally goes out.

Eventually, probably pretty soon, someone is going to have to take action on his behalf. There won't be a choice in the matter. I take no pleasure in saying this, but the plain fact is, he is going to go crazy relatively quickly. And I don't mean 'funny crazy' like Pelosi. This guy is going to lose his marbles completely. That's just nature doing what nature does.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:46:16 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 11:32:38 am »

The guy is taking some serious Meds. He is going to radiology daily, from what I hear. And his brain is not well. This is some serious stuff for him to still be running around in the Senate.

What we will see over the next months is that he will become increasingly more and more irrational, to the point where he is finally totally out of control. I'm not saying that as a gibe or an insult of any kind. It is a simple unavoidable fact of the reality of his situation.

At this point I wouldn't consider McCain to be a 'Republican' at all. Or a Democrat. I don't think even he knows what he is? He seems to be simply a mean, vindictive, dying old man, who is determined to screw up as much as he possibly can before he finally goes out.

Eventually, probably pretty soon, someone is going to have to take action on his behalf. There won't be a choice in the matter. I take no pleasure in saying this, but the plain fact is, he is going to go crazy relatively quickly. And I don't mean 'funny crazy' like Pelosi. This guy is going to lose his marbles completely. That's just nature doing what nature does.
Just be thankful he isn't seated behind the Resolute Desk...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 11:35:28 am »
Bottom line is that none of the promises made -- repeal Obamacare, tax reform, etc. -- will be fulfilled because these ding-dongs can't agree on anything. 

And quite frankly, they are all liars.  They never had any intention of keeping their word. 

Yes, it sounds like a good idea to primary the whole lot of them, but the problem is finding candidates who will be better than the lying thieves we have now.  We might find some with good intentions, but once they get to Washington, all their promises are forgotten. 

I'm supposed to vote today.  An off-season election -- state and local judges and a handful of local races.  Nothing earth shattering.  I'm really tempted to stay home.  But if I do so, it will be so easy for me to stay home next year when the important elections will be held.

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 11:40:37 am »

Yes he is taking some serious medications and also undergoing radiation treatments.  But IMHO, he's been a mean and vindictive SOB screwing things up for conservatives for a very long time and while he may be viewed by some as a war hero he has certainly NOT been a hero to our country while in the Senate except to the Democrats and the leftists.  Yes, Johnny, thank you for your military service, but your service in the Senate has been a detriment to this country please exit the Senate as quickly as possible; a dishonorable discharge from there is warranted and long overdue!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.