Author Topic: John McCain Confirms: Tax Reform Is "DOA In The Senate"  (Read 5041 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: John McCain Confirms: Tax Reform Is "DOA In The Senate"
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 12:12:46 pm »

Bottom line is that none of the promises made -- repeal Obamacare, tax reform, etc. -- will be fulfilled because these ding-dongs can't agree on anything. 

And quite frankly, they are all liars.  They never had any intention of keeping their word. 

Yes, it sounds like a good idea to primary the whole lot of them, but the problem is finding candidates who will be better than the lying thieves we have now.  We might find some with good intentions, but once they get to Washington, all their promises are forgotten. 

I'm supposed to vote today.  An off-season election -- state and local judges and a handful of local races.  Nothing earth shattering.  I'm really tempted to stay home.  But if I do so, it will be so easy for me to stay home next year when the important elections will be held.

I have used the term 'Water Buffalos' in Africa to describe Washington D.C.
They all have their own things and fights or whatever, but when a threat shows up they all bunch and herd together. That's how they protect each other. The point I am trying to make is that in D.C., off the campaign trail, there are no so called Republicans, or Democrats, they are all Buffaloes herding up to protect each other.

That's why Clinton or Comey or Holder or Lois Lerner will never be prosecuted. Nobody in D.C. wants to set a precedent that any politician ever can be held to the Law. Because they are all worried about themselves. They don't want to establish the idea that 'politicians' could ever go to jail for anything ever.

They may be Republicans on the campaign trail, but once they get to D.C. they all become Buffaloes. Then all they care about is protecting each other to keep the gravy train rolling.

That's why Trump scares the shit out of them. Trump and the American people are mortal threats to establishment politicians and bureaucrats. Americans are the lions on the plains, and the buffaloes are herding up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 01:06:39 pm »
I want to say this while McCain is still alive.

He is a vile, evil corrupt spiteful man. He has never put his country ahead of his own ambition.
As long as he can make it to the Senate he will oppose everything Trump tries to do. Why,
because he hates Trump and he hates Trumps agenda of putting America first. He is also
jealous, unlike him President Trump is a winner, not a sore loser like John McCain.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2017, 01:29:36 pm »

And quite frankly, they are all liars.  They never had any intention of keeping their word. 

That truth became crystal clear when they refused to put a clean OCare repeal bill on Trumps' desk. They put one on Os' desk knowing he'd never sign it. But would not do the same for Trump knowing he WOULD sign it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:51:25 pm by jpsb »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 01:33:27 pm »
That truth became crystal clear when they refused to put a clear OCare repeal bill on Trumps' desk. They put one on Os' desk knowing he'd never sign it. But would not do the same for Trump knowing he WOULD sign it.
That is the situation in a nutshell.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 02:14:35 pm »
@Smokin Joe
@CatherineofAragon

Trump insults McCain's service and long time in Vietnam prison, then wants McCain to love him and vote for whatever Trump wants.  Multiply this by numerous Senate and House members, Trump's personal attacks on them, and Trump is dead in the water.  The bad part is, Trump doesn't even know his vicious and lying attacks, will cause him trouble when he wants their support.  In his mind, an attack he makes should not matter to the person attacked - just love Trump anyway.  Trump is detestable and, in my opinion, too mentally sick to know it. 

As far as McCain goes, Trump picked on the wrong one - When not loved completely, Trump hits back, when McCain gets attacked, he will "bomb" you completely and that is what he is doing with Trump.  This has nothing to do with McCain's cancer, it has to do with Trump attacking him in the worst way, his military service.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:18:52 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 02:24:14 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Trump insults McCain's service and long time in Vietnam prison, then wants McCain to love him and vote for whatever Trump wants.  Multiply this by numerous Senate and House members, Trump's personal attacks on them, and Trump is dead in the water.  The bad part is, Trump doesn't even know his vicious and lying attacks, will cause him trouble when he wants their support.  In his mind, an attack he makes should not matter to the person attacked - just love Trump anyway.  Trump is detestable and, in my opinion, too mentally sick to know it. 

As far as McCain goes, Trump picked on the wrong one - When not loved completely, Trump hits back, when McCain gets attacked, he will "bomb" you completely and that is what he is doing with Trump.  This has nothing to do with McCain's cancer, it has to do with Trump attacking him in the worst way, his military service.

I keep saying that despite efforts by Trump and his supporters to put all the blame on Republicans in congress, fact is that Trump also shares the blame.  Ok, so he can't draft and introduce legislation, but he could try to work with congress to get things done.  He is the president and as such, he should have some influence.  But instead of trying to herd this wayward flock, he spends his time complaining about them.  No wonder his own party won't work with him. 

All of them had better get off their collective duffs and do something, or they will not only lose both houses of congress, but the presidency too.  They cannot rely on voters to vote for the lesser of two evils anymore.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 02:31:08 pm »
@Smokin Joe
@CatherineofAragon

So how do you explain McStain's repeated back stabbings prior to Trump's arrival on the scene? 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 02:32:48 pm »
@Smokin Joe
@CatherineofAragon

Imho, McCain doesn't hold a candle to the likes of Bud Day and James Stockdale, and Trump's dig covered a lot of people who didn't deserve it. Combat pilots can become pedestrians for a lot of reasons, and it just isn't safe up there. When you come down, there is a fair chance someone you were bombing or shooting at is going to be there to greet you, and they will be pissed. Frankly, Trump's attitude makes unnecessary enemies, thin skins or not.

Let 'em all settle it on the bloody playground after school, bare knuckle.

In the meantime, the whole lot of them are there to make decisions and enact such laws as are necessary for the benefit of the Republic. If they aren't mature enough to put aside their petty squabbles for the benefit of this country, not one of them should be in office. I'm not aboutto put this on any single doorstep, but if the Congress doesn't do what they told the people they'd do, they are going to have a problem with the People. Trump will be the least of their worries when they are former members of Congress.

As for repealing Obamacare, when the talk went from "repeal, root and branch" to "repeal and replace", I knew we were screwed. There was never any intention on the part of the GOP in Congress (as a whole) to actually repeal the ACA, and they only went through the impotent motions so long as they knew that no bill would be signed by the POTUS. I believe Trump would have signed a complete repeal bill if they'd passed one.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 02:33:30 pm »
I'm in no way defending McCain, but he may have inadvertently help save us from this pi**poor bill.  This isn't a tax cut; it's a tax shuffle.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 02:33:36 pm »
So how do you explain McStain's repeated back stabbings prior to Trump's arrival on the scene?
McCain, Collins, Graham, Murkowski, etc.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 02:36:25 pm »
I want to say this while McCain is still alive.

He is a vile, evil corrupt spiteful man. He has never put his country ahead of his own ambition.
As long as he can make it to the Senate he will oppose everything Trump tries to do. Why,
because he hates Trump and he hates Trumps agenda of putting America first. He is also
jealous, unlike him President Trump is a winner, not a sore loser like John McCain.

If John Sidney McCain III had been born into any other family than the one he was he would be unknown to most everyone and likely selling used cars somewhere for a living!

He has been a fraud and slacker his entire life!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 02:37:45 pm »
There really is something screwy, something is wrong with this McCain fellow.

There is no job in the world that could ever be more important than your freaking Life! He has to know that he is shortening his time on God's green Earth by staying in office. But he doesn't care. Even Castro stepped down when he got too old and too sick to function anymore.

His position in the Senate seems to be more important to him than living is? He should take some time off. Retire. Go take care of yourself. Looking at McCain's bizarre behavior, you really have to ask, "What the hell is wrong with this guy!?"

He may be farther gone than we know. He may no longer be able to make rational decisions about himself. That is possible. And judging by what he is doing, it is likely the truth.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:29:04 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 02:42:47 pm »
There really is something screwy, something is wrong with this McCain fellow.

There is no job in the world that could ever be more important than your freaking Life! He has to know that he is shortening his time on God's green Earth by staying in office. But he doesn't care. Even Castro stepped down when he got too old and too sick to function anymore.

His position in the Senate seems to be more important to him than living is? He should take some off. Retire. Go take of yourself. Looking at McCain's bizarre behavior, you really have to ask, "What the hell is wrong with this guy!?"

He may be farther gone than we know. He may no longer be able to make rational decisions about himself. That is possible. And judging by what he is doing, it is likely the truth.

Diane Feinstein is 84 and wants to run for another 6 year term.

She's wealthier than Rockefeller and she just can't leave Washington and enjoy what little remains of her life.

These people do not believe they are like you and I. And they're not.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 02:58:31 pm »

She's wealthier than Rockefeller and she just can't leave Washington and enjoy what little remains of her life.

@skeeter
Boy is that ever true. It is like a disease of some kind. Some kind of insatiable lust/greed for money and power. Enough is never Enough. It is more important to them than life itself.

I could never live like that. I can't even imagine thinking like that. I want to have some fun, live my life. I have a bucket list. I want to buy a place in Aruba and chill out. I don't want to have to 'go to work' when I am 90 years old. Maybe they have some kind of mental illness that makes them think that as long as they 'stay in office', they cannot die. It really does look that way.

Something is really wrong with those guys. On a serious level. They are never going to leave office until the paramedics have to pry their hands off their desks. It's a mental illness.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:05:58 pm by 240B »

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 02:59:52 pm »
Called it.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 03:01:43 pm »

Well said and very true!  I call it Potomac disease!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 03:06:08 pm »
@skeeter
Boy is that ever true. It is like a disease of some kind. Some kind of insatiable lust/greed for money and power. Enough is never Enough. It is more important to them than life itself.

I could never live like that. I can't even imagine thinking like that. I want to have some fun, live my life. I have a bucket list. I buy want to a place in Aruba and chill out. I don't want to have to 'go to work' when I am 90 years old. Maybe they have some kind of mental illness that makes them think that as long as they 'stay in office', they cannot die. It really does look that way.

Something is really wrong with those guys. On a serious level. They are never going to leave office until the paramedics have to pry their hands off their desks. It's a mental illness.

Agree, 'cept I'm not inclined to call what these people do 'work'. They have faceless staff do that for them.

All they really do is soak up attention.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2017, 03:08:33 pm »
Agree, 'cept I'm not inclined to call what these people do 'work'. They have faceless staff do that for them.

That's for sure.  Look at that half-baked bill they presented.  They just threw something together without doing any serious work on it.   It shows them to be unserious amateurs at their business of legislating.

I would be embarrassed if I ever presented something so poorly done.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:09:23 pm by Sanguine »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2017, 03:12:03 pm »
I'm in no way defending McCain, but he may have inadvertently help save us from this pi**poor bill.  This isn't a tax cut; it's a tax shuffle.

And you and I are never wrong together.  :laugh:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2017, 03:14:33 pm »

Absolutely!   888high58888

(Well, I can be wrong, but I'm not sure about you.  You are very thoughtful.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:15:26 pm by Sanguine »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2017, 03:16:57 pm »
@Smokin Joe
@CatherineofAragon

Do you know what I think of Senators and Congressmen who put their personal anger above the interests of the nation?  I think they are human garbage.   

I don't give a f*** if they get along with the President.  I don't give a f*** if they hate him with every fiber of their being.    If they are letting their personal feelings get in the way of doing their job,  they are committing malfeasance.   They are undermining the nation and the will of the people.   

They are not dictators who's whims we have to indulge.  They are representatives of the interests of their respective populations,   and when they refuse to advance those interests,  the reasons why are immaterial.   They are betraying their people and their duty. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2017, 03:17:21 pm »

Two rights make a wrong.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2017, 03:18:05 pm »
Two rights make a wrong.

We weren't counting you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2017, 03:18:22 pm »
That's for sure.  Look at that half-baked bill they presented.  They just threw something together without doing any serious work on it.   It shows them to be unserious amateurs at their business of legislating.

I would be embarrassed if I ever presented something so poorly done.

That tax bill is what happens when leadership is as weak as this congress's is.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2017, 03:19:15 pm »

@skeeter

I've been saying for years that our current Congress is just a fancy a retirement home. And you have to be, at a minimum, at least 65 to 70 years old to get in. The only time I have ever seen a group of people together at their ages was in a geriatric home. I have no problem with age. People can live very productive lives at any age.

But Jesus man, there comes a time when you have to recognize reality. There always come a time to pass the baton. But they don't want to do it. They want to squat in their offices until they literally die.

I'm convinced that it is some kind of mental illness. It is certainly not how normal people would behave.