Author Topic: JUST IN: House releases new sweeping tax plan and here’s the details… [UPDATED WITH MORE]  (Read 12135 times)

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

So you are basically saying you have found the position to pay the least amount in taxes. Kudos.

And that place is Texas.

I am able to do that now... after decades of paying much bigger income taxes from my corporate job.  Those taxes went to no-win foreign wars instead of protecting the homeland's border from foreign invaders.

I am a native Texan... I grew where God planted me.  There may be much better places to live... but this is still home in spite of enemy occupation.

Online corbe

How is that any different from the recent struggle between states that didn't opt into the ACA and those that did, it's was a societal  imbalance that nearly crashed the bill until McCain came along and played TAPS.

Do you think Congress can find a work around this time on that of which you speak of (State/Local Tax deduction) because we all know Trump will sign anything those azzholes put on his Desk and call it the best damn thing since sliced bread.

I agree with you that everywhere there are Cosmic imbalances in this Galaxy that threaten our very existence and I sure hope Ryan/McConnell/Trump are up to the task of making it all right again.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

I am able to do that now... after decades of paying much bigger income taxes from my corporate job.  Those taxes went to no-win foreign wars instead of protecting the homeland's border from foreign invaders.

I am a native Texan... I grew where God planted me.  There may be much better places to live... but this is still home in spite of enemy occupation.

Enemy occupation.... do tell, muslims.... wetbacks?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline KingsX

Enemy occupation.... do tell, muslims.... wetbacks?

Both. 

Third world demographic armies that have been allowed to invade and conquer since US immigration laws were changed in the 1960s from favoring White Europeans who founded the country to non-white third worlders who are destroying it.

Also, my forefathers fought for Texas in both the Texas revolution and the Confederacy.  So from another perspective... Texas has been under occupation since the end of the civil war.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 01:57:19 am by KingsX »

Offline Hoodat

I would like the rest of the country to pay tax at my rate for a year.   They might feel a lot different about taxes......

That is what I have advocated since Day One.  Everyone should pay the same rate.  No more of this class envy BS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fantom

Both. 

Third world demographic armies that have been allowed to invade and conquer since US immigration laws were changed in the 1960s from favoring White Euorpeans who founded the country to non-white third worlders who are destroying it.

Also, my forefathers fought for Texas in both the Texas revolution and the Confederacy.  So from another perspective... Texas has been under occupation since the civil war.

Interesting, yes the demographic changes are not good for the world. Ted Kennedy .... sigh...what a worm. Also Chuck Schumer.

However, back to taxes. When you consider the whole burden. Texas is a pretty good spot to be. Do you not agree?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online corbe

Tax primer: How the GOP handled several thorny issues

By Naomi Jagoda - 11/02/17 06:29 PM EDT

House Republicans on Thursday unveiled their long-awaited tax bill, which they hope to pass before Thanksgiving.

The 429-page measure makes numerous changes to both the individual and business sides of the tax code.

In the weeks and months leading up to the bill’s release, there was much speculation and pushback over various ideas.

Here’s how the bill addressed several controversial issues.

State and local tax deduction

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/358546-tax-primer-how-the-gop-handled-several-thorny-issues
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

That is what I have advocated since Day One.  Everyone should pay the same rate.  No more of this class envy BS.

I agree. Further I would eliminate income taxes. It is a freedom thing. Gives too much info to the State.

Frederick Douglass

Offline KingsX

Interesting, yes the demographic changes are not good for the world. Ted Kennedy .... sigh...what a worm. Also Chuck Schumer.

However, back to taxes. When you consider the whole burden. Texas is a pretty good spot to be. Do you not agree?

So far I agree... but with property taxes going up every year... I might soon change my mind.

My brother moved from Houston [Clear Lake City] to the Ozarks of Arkansas and has been trying to get me to move there too.  He lives in Bentonville [Walmart's hometown] which is a nice town. But it's not smart to live in a one company town, even if that company is Walmart. Arkansas has a lower property tax but it has a state income tax, a state personal property tax and while the sales tax is lower, there is a sales tax on food.  Being a native Texan I have no inclination to move out of Texas... and Arkansas' colder weather and byzantine tax structure are two more reasons not to move.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I agree. Further I would eliminate income taxes. It is a freedom thing. Gives too much info to the State.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

The income tax is a slave tax!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

This might be her enemy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Me, too, and I used to say we were guarding the wrong border.  Maybe not so much now.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

So far I agree... but with property taxes going up every year... I might soon change my mind.

My brother moved from Houston [Clear Lake City] to the Ozarks of Arkansas and has been trying to get me to move there too.  He lives in Bentonville [Walmart's hometown] which is a nice town. But it's not smart to live in a one company town, even if that company is Walmart. Arkansas has a lower property tax but it has a state income tax, a state personal property tax and while the sales tax is lower, there is a sales tax on food.  Being a native Texan I have no inclination to move out of Texas... and Arkansas' colder weather and byzantine tax structure are two more reasons not to move.

My little Brother also bought some acreage up in the Ozarks years ago and keeps it maintained, moved a trailer up there and gonna build his last house (Contractor). He's moving up there in a couple of years when he Retires. 
   I traveled all over NAFTA for Wal~Mart for 8 years, spent a lot of time in Bentonville, AK and a lot of other small company towns with a hugh warehouse and 4 gas stations. I don't mind Arkansas but wouldn't want to live there and my Brother informs me that the Taxes there ARE CHEAP, property, vehicle and sales. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It's alright.  I have repeatedly asked he/she/it to tell us where the $1.5 trillion tax cut for the rich came from and have not been answered at all.  Now it is just ignored.

Mod8   :nono:
Ok, @MOD8  - What did I say that needs to be compromised? 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fantom

You might want to rethink the sales tax being lower. https://taxfoundation.org/state-and-local-sales-tax-rates-midyear-2017/

My ex lived in Bentonville... now she lives four blocks from me. A good woman, but thankfully there is a big ditch between us.  :laugh:  Yeah, she works for Wal Mart.

I do understand the want to stay in ones own stomping grounds. I am an Okie by birth, likely will die the same.

I have traveled a bit, a mason by trade.. if I had to choose anyplace else I have been.... I think Spokane Washington. No State taxes.... low energy...think Hydro. Same temps/growing season as Northern Oklahoma. The Rockies keep the real cold in Montana, the Cascades keep the snow/rain in a liberal hellhole ..Seattle.

Politics when I was there... 1991 was decidedly conservative. Now... well lots of Cali have moved in.

Anyways. I am checking out, work tomorrow.

Interesting speaking with you.

Frederick Douglass

Offline KingsX

My little Brother also bought some acreage up in the Ozarks years ago and keeps it maintained, moved a trailer up there and gonna build his last house (Contractor). He's moving up there in a couple of years when he Retires. 
   I traveled all over NAFTA for Wal~Mart for 8 years, spent a lot of time in Bentonville, AK and a lot of other small company towns with a hugh warehouse and 4 gas stations. I don't mind Arkansas but wouldn't want to live there and my Brother informs me that the Taxes there ARE CHEAP, property, vehicle and sales.

My mother's family have lived in the Arkansas Ozarks since before the Civil War.
My parents had a small farm near Fayetteville.  My parents split their time between
Texas and Arkansas. My brother received his PhD from the University of Arkansas.
He moved back to the Ozarks after he retired from NASA a few years ago [he was
one of NASA's last remaining Apollo era scientists to retire.]  Ironically, there is a
conspiracy theory going around that ex-military and ex-NASA people are moving
to the "safety" of the Ozarks.  But I know my brother has roots there. Although
he still participates in NASA's climate group.. and he is trying to get his little sister
to move there... so maybe he does "know" something ;)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 02:43:04 am by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

You might want to rethink the sales tax being lower. https://taxfoundation.org/state-and-local-sales-tax-rates-midyear-2017/

My ex lived in Bentonville... now she lives four blocks from me. A good woman, but thankfully there is a big ditch between us.  :laugh:  Yeah, she works for Wal Mart.

I do understand the want to stay in ones own stomping grounds. I am an Okie by birth, likely will die the same.

I have traveled a bit, a mason by trade.. if I had to choose anyplace else I have been.... I think Spokane Washington. No State taxes.... low energy...think Hydro. Same temps/growing season as Northern Oklahoma. The Rockies keep the real cold in Montana, the Cascades keep the snow/rain in a liberal hellhole ..Seattle.

Politics when I was there... 1991 was decidedly conservative. Now... well lots of Cali have moved in.

Anyways. I am checking out, work tomorrow.

Interesting speaking with you.

Wow!  I didn't realize Arkansas had raised their sales tax that high !

Here it is 8.25%

Nice conversing with you.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 02:56:15 am by KingsX »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I wish I only paid double the 12%  I pay triple that and with the AMT my deductions don’t matter.   I would like the rest of the country to pay tax at my rate for a year.   They might feel a lot different about taxes......

I'd like to see everyone pay the same amount (after implementing pay-as-you-go where possible) and a balanced budget mandate.  I suspect our budget would be a whole lot smaller.

I actually don't mind a SLIGHTLY progressive tax policy (which is NOT what we have today), if it could be designed to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to become successful. Actually, maybe progressive by age.  Under 18, no taxes (encourage youths to build productive habits).  18-28(ish?), low taxes and maybe preferential 401k treatment to encourage savings (some tax burden to give them a feel, but don't make the burden so heavy as to discourage people from going to college/trade school/etc).  After around 30, you pay a heavier burden (in part to pay back the discount you got earlier in life).

I don't know what the best system would be, but I do know it's not what we have now.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Of those you mention @IsailedawayfromFR only the construction of the Canyon Dam predate me (65 I think). The Tubing season was cut short this year by the arrival of Harvey, so now all the Snow Birds are landing sooner than expected, Wurstfest starts tomorrow, 10 days of sausage, beer and debauchery. Haven't been in a couple of years getting to old to do that every year anymore.
   I was wrong on my compass ~ due north on I35 (actually NE)
Sorry about the tubing.  I decided to retire outside of the "Hill Country" as I knew it was too expensive, was too liberal, and I know the water shortages would come to keep things not too good in times to come.

BTW, I was in NO along Poydras for 11 years.  I really really miss the food.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

I posted:   " I intentionally keep my income small.  I intentionally try to keep my federal taxes as low as possible... "

I have some control over my federal taxes because I am able to control my income... but I can't control Texas' high property or sales taxes [and apparently state officials can't either.]

So taxes for thee but not me...

Offline KingsX

So taxes for thee but not me...

I don't know how many times on this topic and related topics
I have said that I represent an entire demographic group who
would experience a tax increase under the GOP plan. 

So no, it's not just about me.  I keep my income low by choice
and for good reasons.  But many others in my demographic
group don't have such a choice.  For them any extra tax money
the GOP will take from their low income literally takes food from
their mouths.

Posters here should really be ashamed for attacking me over this.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't know how many times on this topic and related topics
I have said that I represent an entire demographic group who
would experience a tax increase under the GOP plan. 

So no, it's not just about me.  I keep my income low by choice
and for good reasons.  But many others in my demographic
group don't have such a choice.  For them any extra tax money
the GOP will take from their low income literally takes food from
their mouths.

Posters here should really be ashamed for attacking me over this.

If it doesn't effect you than it does not affect your demographic. You are lobbying for some group you do not belong to.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 04:55:43 am by Frank Cannon »

Online corbe

Sorry about the tubing.  I decided to retire outside of the "Hill Country" as I knew it was too expensive, was too liberal, and I know the water shortages would come to keep things not too good in times to come.

BTW, I was in NO along Poydras for 11 years.  I really really miss the food.

@IsailedawayfromFR
   Nawlins cuisine, always imitated, never duplicated, worked in the Texaco building on poydras for 3 years, in the early 90's, surprised I survived, never want to see her again and it's my birth State.