Author Topic: JUST IN: House releases new sweeping tax plan and here’s the details… [UPDATED WITH MORE]  (Read 12128 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

@corbe's funny feeling over that cake it going to keep him up tonight.

I doubt it. He isn't into cake.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sarah Huckabee Sanders did a version of that in a Presser the other day, only she said the 10th guy "felt bad and didn't come to the bar."

I listened to her the other day do a press briefing, and she's pretty good. Even handled the stupid woman who was asking about the Civil War. 

Offline corbe

Actually, @Bigun YOU are about the only trusted IRS expert we have, please don't let our silliness get in the way.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

I don't care why you don't vote GOP any more than you care why I don't vote GOP.  The only question is why someone reciting DNC talking points would have ever voted GOP in the first place.  If you are looking for sympathy, you will get none from me.  Because I am the one who has been carrying your burden all these years.  And all you have shown in return is contempt.  To hell with you and your class envy bullshit.

Exactly right Hoodat (all of your post).

Offline RoosGirl

And to think I was once considering posting a serious response!  How silly of me!

We like serious and silly and seriously silly.  Go for it!

Offline corbe

I listened to her the other day do a press briefing, and she's pretty good. Even handled the stupid woman who was asking about the Civil War. 

The few of Her press briefing I've seen lately did impress me also @Sanguine besides that Bitch look she does real well, she actually impresses me in that she doesn't suffer fools well.  I no longer miss Scaramucci, he was a lot of fun for 2 days.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

And to think I was once considering posting a serious response!  How silly of me!

You lost out on that chance once the "Tax Cuts For The Rich" Marxist parrot showed up.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
   Actually, @Bigun YOU are about the only trusted IRS expert we have, please don't let our silliness get in the way.

OK!  Here's the cliff notes of the cliff notes version!

It is STILL an income tax and therefore SUCKS!!!

(Read the paper at the link in my tagline!)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You lost out on that chance once the "Tax Cuts For The Rich" Marxist parrot showed up.

Which sums up entirely her reason for being here! 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

Do elitist posters here not understand what I have posted... or do they just pretend not to understand  ??

Either way, their ivory towers are going to fall when someone really does "drain the swamp."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Proposed plan tax filing:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Do elitist posters here not understand what I have posted... or do they just pretend not to understand  ??

Either way, their ivory towers are going to fall when someone really does "drain the swamp."

I understand that you are a f'n troll and if it were up to me you would have been gone long ago!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I think the posters that you constantly deride understand you just fine, they just think you're FOS.    :shrug:

(Those that haven't already put you on "Ignore.")
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline RoosGirl

When Frank of all people is warning about a thread hijack, it's serious.  Possibly even life or death.

Offline Hoodat

Have I told you the story about the first pecan grove in Georgia?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

Listen here sonny, I can subdue you like I have Frank if I have to.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Listen here sonny, I can subdue you like I have Frank if I have to.

Don't do it, @Hoodat!  I've seen this one in action, the Pecan Grove story has left a few people in wheelchairs.  Innocent thread-lurkers have been hurt!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

You are right other than the 12k or 24k there is no personal exemption that I can see.

!600 per child...A pet project of Ivanka Trump, the proposal is to increase the credit to $1,600 from $1,000

Looking to see if they eliminated the Earned Income Tax Credit?

The GOP plan raises the child tax credit.

But unlike the personal exemption which increases yearly with inflation... the credit is NOT indexed for inflation.

Offline aligncare

I think having your perspective here is a good thing. It’s good to see the world through a different set of eyes. Many in my family vote and identify as democrats, but I love them just the same.

Some of the people I trust to repair my car, render medical care to my family or sell me wholesome vegetables are liberals. But whether I know that or not doesn’t mean I reject their services or products. Half the folks we encounter may have voted for Hillary.

We got to learn to talk out our differences, persuade where possible, reach some common ground. We’re all Americans and that’s the glue that should bind us to each other.

Okay, I’ll shut the **** up now.

Offline Fantom

Wonderful!

Hear Ye Hear Ye!!!!! WELFARE FOR ALL DEADBEATS!!!! WELFARE FOR ALL DEADBEATS!!!!

At least the slum lords will get paid...Eh Frank.  :smokin:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

I understand that you are a f'n troll and if it were up to me you would have been gone long ago!

Would seem.  :beer:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Proposed plan tax filing:

There needs to be an unconstitutional spending credit.
Also, does this mean you can't deduct charitable deductions if you take the standard deduction. That is going to suck for charitable institutions.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:15:32 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline corbe

I think having your perspective here is a good thing. It’s good to see the world through a different set of eyes. Many in my family vote and identify as democrats, but I love them just the same.

Some of the people I trust to repair my car, render medical care to my family or sell me wholesome vegetables are liberals. But whether I know that or not doesn’t mean I reject their services or products. Half the folks we encounter may have voted for Hillary.

We got to learn to talk out our differences, persuade where possible, reach some common ground. We’re all Americans and that’s the glue that should bind us to each other.

Okay, I’ll shut the **** up now.

:thumbsup:

All but the last sentence, @aligncare
   STFU is not a requirement here, I enjoy your input, especially this one.

Offline aligncare

You mistake me, corbe. The word I used was ‘heck’. I didn’t want to lower the level of discourse so I obscured it.  ^-^