Author Topic: Bowe Bergdahl pleads guilty in desertion case  (Read 1386 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Bowe Bergdahl pleads guilty in desertion case
« on: October 16, 2017, 02:53:56 pm »
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pleaded guilty Monday at Fort Bragg to charges he endangered comrades by walking away from his post in Afghanistan in 2009 -- the court case wrapping up just three years after a stunning Rose Garden spectacle in which former President Barack Obama, flanked by Bergdahl's parents, triumphantly announced the soldier's release from captivity.

Bergdahl’s lawyer said the prosecution and defense have not agreed to a stipulation of facts in the case, which is an indication that they did not reach a deal to limit his punishment, The Associated Press reported.

The misbehavior charge carries a maximum penalty of life in prison, while the desertion charge is punishable by up to five years.
Bergdahl, 31, told the judge that he now understands what he did caused others to search for him.

Bergdahl was released in May 2014 after a highly-criticized deal in which five Taliban terrorists were set free. At the time, Obama administration officials said Bergdahl had "served with honor and distinction."

The U.S. Army said Bergdahl asked to enter his plea before the military judge, which brings the saga closer to an end eight years after Bergdahl's disappearance in Afghanistan set off search missions by scores of his fellow service members. President Obama was criticized by Republicans for the 2014 Taliban prisoner swap that brought Bergdahl home, while President Donald Trump harshly criticized Bergdahl on the campaign trail.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/16/bowe-bergdahl-expected-to-plead-guilty-in-desertion-case.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Bowe Bergdahl pleads guilty in desertion case
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 02:55:19 pm »
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was held by the Taliban after leaving his base in Afghanistan in 2009, has pleaded guilty to desertion and misbehavior before the enemy, according to multiple news outlets. Bergdahl was freed in 2014 in exchange for five Taliban detainees.

Bergdahl, a native of Idaho, pleaded guilty before the military judge in the case, Army Col. Jeffery R. Nance, at a hearing at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Monday, according to the Associated Press.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/16/558050712/bowe-bergdahl-pleads-guilty-to-desertion-misconduct
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 02:58:05 pm »
Good people died looking for this traitor and bad men were released for his return.  One of the many terrible things never mentioned by the press when discussing the Obama legacy.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:58:38 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 04:02:28 pm »
He should have demanded a sex change and Obama would have pardoned him.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 04:09:56 pm »
He should go bunk with Eddie Slovik.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 05:25:08 pm »
I hope he does get life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 05:27:03 pm »
I hope he does get life.

There's a LOT of people...including those wounded and the families of the ones who died looking for him that hope the same thing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:13 pm »
There's a LOT of people...including those wounded and the families of the ones who died looking for him that hope the same thing.

Yeah, my boys were over there when he went missing. 

Over on TOS, I remember some of the TOSsers there were accusing the military of not doing enough to rescue him.  I cautioned them to wait for more information because there was obviously something way wrong with his story.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 05:37:49 pm »
I hope he does get life.

Oh, me too!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 05:38:29 pm »
I hope he does get life.

In front of a firing squad.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 05:39:09 pm »
In front of a firing squad.

Or this......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 05:39:14 pm »
He should go bunk with Eddie Slovik.

Eddie Slovik didn't get anybody killed looking for him.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 08:02:22 pm »
Merged two threads.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 08:12:47 pm »
Yeah, my boys were over there when he went missing. 

Over on TOS, I remember some of the TOSsers there were accusing the military of not doing enough to rescue him.  I cautioned them to wait for more information because there was obviously something way wrong with his story.

What the TOSers don't understand and what your boys will tell you is that when a soldier goes missing...the acronym is DUSTWUN (duty status-whereabouts unknown)...everything stops in that sector and everyone in that area has one job at that point...find the missing soldier or soldiers.

A couple times they were fairly close to Berghdal according to some reports I've read...they could tell by the ferocity of the fighting in the search area where they were at the time.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 04:29:52 pm »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 04:43:45 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia the pictures of these soldiers need to be held up or somehow displayed inn court when the judge hands down his sentence.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 04:45:59 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia the pictures of these soldiers need to be held up or somehow displayed inn court when the judge hands down his sentence.

This too!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 04:46:13 pm »

I agree!!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 05:52:34 pm »
Eddie Slovik didn't get anybody killed looking for him.

Exactly why this clown should be made to move in with Eddie soon.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 06:28:58 pm »
This Judge appears to be a no-nonsense kind of a fellow.  There's an article in Stripes about this case, and he was adamant Bergdahl knew what he was doing when he threw out a motion to dismiss the Misbehavior charge.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/judge-won-t-drop-rare-misbehavior-charge-against-bergdahl-1.476089#.WeZL03ZlBzl
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 06:58:46 pm »
This Judge appears to be a no-nonsense kind of a fellow.  There's an article in Stripes about this case, and he was adamant Bergdahl knew what he was doing when he threw out a motion to dismiss the Misbehavior charge.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/judge-won-t-drop-rare-misbehavior-charge-against-bergdahl-1.476089#.WeZL03ZlBzl

Yeah that misbehavior charge is the biggie...just step below a charge of treason.  It's the one that will ensure he spends the rest of his life at the DB at Ft. Leavenworth.

IF that one had been tossed...he could possibly have been out within a few years on just the desertion charge.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 07:23:13 pm »
Yeah that misbehavior charge is the biggie...just step below a charge of treason.  It's the one that will ensure he spends the rest of his life at the DB at Ft. Leavenworth.

IF that one had been tossed...he could possibly have been out within a few years on just the desertion charge.

Not quite.  The major insult would be they would have probably left him in Rank, and counted his time in captivity against his sentence so he'd have walked with Time Served.  Nothing at Leavenworth.  Now there's a good chance he can lead the kind of life Rambo had at the beginning of that second movie, where he was holding down a job of making big rocks into little ones, while being a buck Private.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 07:42:43 pm »
Not quite.  The major insult would be they would have probably left him in Rank, and counted his time in captivity against his sentence so he'd have walked with Time Served.  Nothing at Leavenworth.  Now there's a good chance he can lead the kind of life Rambo had at the beginning of that second movie, where he was holding down a job of making big rocks into little ones, while being a buck Private.

Good point.  It angers me to no end right now to see him in uniform with a lot of rank and awards he didn't earn.  I'd like to be there when they remove those from him and toss them in the trash.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 07:51:47 pm »

I'd be interested on how he'd react to 'Marshall Murdock'.      ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 07:51:59 pm »
Good point.  It angers me to no end right now to see him in uniform with a lot of rank and awards he didn't earn.  I'd like to be there when they remove those from him and toss them in the trash.

That will happen, at the very least.  This Judge looks tough, so there will probably be time given, but before that he'll be stripped of his medals and busted to Buck Private.  He may even be forced to pay back the cash he received for back pay and Sergeant's pay.
I will NOT comply.