Author Topic: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left  (Read 46883 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: 20 reasons to join the fight against the Far Left
« Reply #400 on: October 18, 2017, 04:13:23 am »
And he might even be doing it for the right reasons. 

Trump: ‘Freedom Is Not a Gift from Government; Freedom Is a Gift from God’

President Donald Trump spoke at the Heritage Foundation’s annual President’s Club meeting and credited the Founding Fathers for understanding that freedom doesn’t come from government.

Trump echoed previous comments he has made, such as in June when he declared, "In America, we don’t worship government, we worship God." He credited the Heritage Foundation for understanding this.

"You understand that human progress must be built upon a firm foundation of timeless truths," Trump told the Heritage crowd. "These truths are immortalized in our founding documents, and the most important truth our Founders understood was this: Freedom is not a gift from government; freedom is a gift from God."

http://freebeacon.com/politics/trump-freedom-not-gift-government-freedom-gift-god/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #401 on: October 18, 2017, 04:14:31 am »
And holder would have decided Obamacare differently how? THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.
That's where your 'lesser evil' arguments completely disintegrate. It won't work anymore, at least on me, and more and more, I am not alone.

If you'd care to read the fathers, you will find them vehemently opposed to party politics, and for this very reason. It is those who retain their principles that are in line with their position. I don't mind a party, but it is only as good as what it will stand for.

"If you'd care to read the fathers, you will find them vehemently opposed to party politics'

Yes, they set aside their political differences to write the Constitution.

And I already said I agree with the criticism of Roberts on obamacare. I would also agree that Roberts has been inconsistent. Sometimes it just works out that way. But if Trump can stay in for seven more years, he will be able to change the Supreme Court decisions to solid conservative for a generation.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #402 on: October 18, 2017, 04:17:47 am »

I said he is using their tactics,  I didn't say he was advancing their ideology because he isn't.  He's advancing ours using their weapons.

You are hopefully using that 'ours' very loosely. Because he is not advancing mine.

Using entertainment to get your point across is far more effective.   

There might be the disconnect, because I find none of Tump or his movement entertaining. In fact, I find it sophomoric and abhorrent.

Trump is advancing a conservative agenda using Liberal methods.   You may be upset that he's not doing it for the right reasons like "pure truth and principle",  but I am content to take the advancement of the right ideas even if it is being done for the wrong reasons.

And thus the next step into liberalism. The end justifying the means.

No thank you.

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #403 on: October 18, 2017, 04:18:32 am »
And he might even be doing it for the right reasons. 

Trump: ‘Freedom Is Not a Gift from Government; Freedom Is a Gift from God’

http://freebeacon.com/politics/trump-freedom-not-gift-government-freedom-gift-god/

That truly was a great speech, as most of Trump's speeches are.

I'm looking forward to seven more years.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:19:46 am by stephen50right »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #404 on: October 18, 2017, 04:19:48 am »
"If you'd care to read the fathers, you will find them vehemently opposed to party politics'

But if they had been so foolish as to believe parties would not form,  they wouldn't have bothered dividing the powers of government into checks and balances. 

The whole theory is built on the assumption that there will be opposing forces,  meaning "parties." 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #405 on: October 18, 2017, 04:21:06 am »
And I already said I agree with the criticism of Roberts on obamacare. I would also agree that Roberts has been inconsistent. Sometimes it just works out that way. But if Trump can stay in for seven more years, he will be able to change the Supreme Court decisions to solid conservative for a generation.

According to WHAT? What is it that you guarantee these hopes with? The promises of a perpetual liar and slanderer? Emotional bullcrap.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #406 on: October 18, 2017, 04:21:34 am »

There might be the disconnect, because I find none of Tump or his movement entertaining. In fact, I find it sophomoric and abhorrent.

I'm loving it!  He's making them scream,  and that's the best way to tell when you are on the right track.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #407 on: October 18, 2017, 04:24:15 am »

The whole theory is built on the assumption that there will be opposing forces,  meaning "parties."

The key there being 'opposing'.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #408 on: October 18, 2017, 04:25:12 am »
I'm looking forward to seven more years.

:thumbsup3:

MAGA!

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #409 on: October 18, 2017, 04:26:21 am »
According to WHAT? What is it that you guarantee these hopes with? The promises of a perpetual liar and slanderer? Emotional bullcrap.

Trump made a list of I think it was around twenty, Supreme Court possibilities he would pick if he was elected, and Neil Gorsuch was one of those on the list.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #410 on: October 18, 2017, 04:26:36 am »

I'm loving it!  He's making them scream,  and that's the best way to tell when you are on the right track.   

No, in fact, it isn't.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #411 on: October 18, 2017, 04:27:42 am »
Trump made a list of I think it was around twenty, Supreme Court possibilities he would pick if he was elected, and Neil Gorsuch was one of those on the list.

So what?

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #412 on: October 18, 2017, 04:29:03 am »

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

You deserved a double for that one.  :patriot:

Offline stephen50right

« Reply #413 on: October 18, 2017, 04:33:54 am »
So what?

Because you ranted about Trump being a "perpetual liar"

Trump has been rock solid with attempting to keep all his campaign promises. Sure, he will negotiate if he needs to, but he's trying hard to get done everything he promised.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #414 on: October 18, 2017, 04:37:18 am »
Because you ranted about Trump being a "perpetual liar"

It isn't a rant. It isn't even an accusation. It's just the truth. He lies through his teeth, all the damn time.

Trump has been rock solid with attempting to keep all his campaign promises. Sure, he will negotiate if he needs to, but he's trying hard to get done everything he promised.

meh. I don't see it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #415 on: October 18, 2017, 04:42:13 am »
It isn't a rant. It isn't even an accusation. It's just the truth. He lies through his teeth, all the damn time.

So did Clinton, both Bush's and Obama. What's the big deal about it now that has your panties in a bunch?

At least with Donny I haven't had my taxes surprisingly raised, guns outlawed, massive bureaucracies created that were "only going to catch the bad guy terrorists", health care destroyed and bailouts-a-plenty.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #416 on: October 18, 2017, 04:44:12 am »
So did Clinton, both Bush's and Obama. What's the big deal about it now that has your panties in a bunch?

The same thing as then.

At least with Donny I haven't had my taxes surprisingly raised, guns outlawed, massive bureaucracies created that were "only going to catch the bad guy terrorists", health care destroyed and bailouts-a-plenty.

YET.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #417 on: October 18, 2017, 04:52:31 am »

YET.

I can see being upset if it was happening but pining away to be miserable because of something that MIGHT happen is a terrible existence. Hell, just having Donny poke Hitlary in the eye yesterday for being a loser is a genuine blessing to feel good about.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #418 on: October 18, 2017, 04:54:39 am »
"So you bought the lie that liberty and the Constitution rests upon the whims of 9 justices in black robes."

So you want the SS in black uniforms dispensing justice instead?

What a bullshit accusation.

Look pal, you're the guy who insisted that if "we" (whomever that is supposed to be) lose the Presidency, we lose the SCOTUS.

The fact SCOTUS no longer operates within the confines of its Constitutional role and creates law by fiat and rewrites legislation to make things "legal" and both parties play the see-saw to stack the court with their own preferred ideologues to act towards their favor - and my calling you out on that score, equates my desire to have Secret Police dispensing "justice"?  SCOTUS is not empowered to dispense "justice" - that is not its role.  It was supposed to measure legal cases against the Constitution, not decide what is Constitutional based on their own ideological glasses.

But that is the role and game you and every other fear-mongering party hack throws in everyone's face to get them to support whatever party or political savior they demand we vote for.

The fact a single Justice has the balance of power in their hands as to deciding whether or not the Constitution is ignored or retained is nothing but a testament to how far off the mark we have already fallen into despotism and corruption.

You just want to keep perpetuating the shell game and circus we've been on for decades turning tighter and harder Left.

But in any event, the system of government we have is by far the best that's ever been invented.

Enjoy the corruption then.  You deserve it.

I have other plans that do not entail practicing insanity.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:55:35 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #419 on: October 18, 2017, 04:58:59 am »
I can see being upset if it was happening but pining away to be miserable because of something that MIGHT happen is a terrible existence. Hell, just having Donny poke Hitlary in the eye yesterday for being a loser is a genuine blessing to feel good about.

I am by no means miserable or pining.
And I don't give two shits about him 'poking Hitlery in the eye'.
Again, sophomoric.  Woohooism.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #420 on: October 18, 2017, 05:01:36 am »

Yeah, that was fun but I think some people are determined to be miserable.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #421 on: October 18, 2017, 05:02:55 am »

I demand that you admit to being miserable.

Or, at least, to making everyone else miserable.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #422 on: October 18, 2017, 05:03:08 am »

So having a President who acts classy and says the right things is more important to you than actual tangible deeds. Boy you must have been in heaven since 1992 till Feb of this year.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #423 on: October 18, 2017, 05:05:06 am »

The fact SCOTUS no longer operates within the confines of its Constitutional role and creates law by fiat and rewrites legislation to make things "legal" and both parties play the see-saw to stack the court with their own preferred ideologues to act towards their favor - and my calling you out on that score, equates my desire to have Secret Police dispensing "justice"?  SCOTUS is not empowered to dispense "justice" - that is not its role.  It was supposed to measure legal cases against the Constitution, not decide what is Constitutional based on their own ideological glasses.

That is exactly right. A proper (Conservative) Congress, jealous of it's power, would impeach 3/4ths of the present justices, and put an end to judicial fiat. Let me know when Republicans have the balls to do that - Because that is the Constitution becoming real again.

Not that Republicans will ever do that. We know they are well beyond that hope.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #424 on: October 18, 2017, 05:06:41 am »
I demand that you admit to being miserable.

Or, at least, to making everyone else miserable.

We need a 'Bite me' emoji.