Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81114 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How can I believe you when you tell me that you love me when I know you've been a liar all your life.

'Cause you want me to lie to you, just one more time....  :kisses2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ya know, if the press was as interested in investigating Hollywood as they were in Sarah Palin's laundry, I have a job for them.

Check out the two 'ladies' who have accused the 94 year old former President.

Could someone have paid them to come up with this utter stupidity to try to take the heat off of Weinstein, etal?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Relax.  I knew John Adams and you're no John Adams.

Actually, things are imploding all around us.

Hollywood is imploding the the lies and sex scandals coming out now that affects most of Hollywood.  Those who did it and those who covered it up.

The media is beginning to implode.  The implosion will be total if Hillary goes down and it looks like she's going down.

All that they worked for ... Obama, Hillary ... all proven to be frauds and crooks.

They might go back to being fair.

When was the media fair?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
'Cause you want me to lie to you, just one more time....  :kisses2:

Yeah, baby, and make me believe it this time.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Facebook censored me. Criticize your government and it might censor you too.

Facebook blocked a post of mine last month for the first time since I joined it nine years ago. I was seeking to repost a blog article I had written on Janet Reno, the controversial former attorney general who died last year. I initially thought that Facebook was having technical glitches (no novelty). But I checked the page and saw the official verdict: “Could not scrape URL because it has been blocked.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/10/27/facebook-censored-cross-your-countrys-government-and-they-might-censor-you-too-james-bovard-column/795271001/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

Online DB

So what?  Start a conservative version of Facebook.

Lefties want it both ways... Nothing new... They want to force you to "bake the cake" but they'll refuse you service in an instant if you say something they don't like.

Personally I think any business should be able to refuse service for any reason. It is as simple as freedom of association. You could make the case that a publicly owned business (one anyone can buy shares in) could be forced to a different standard in terms of who it is required to serve but not a privately held company.

Online roamer_1

Personally I think any business should be able to refuse service for any reason. It is as simple as freedom of association. You could make the case that a publicly owned business (one anyone can buy shares in) could be forced to a different standard in terms of who it is required to serve but not a privately held company.

That is precisely right! Liberty is not liberty if it is not liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

Lefties want it both ways... Nothing new... They want to force you to "bake the cake" but they'll refuse you service in an instant if you say something they don't like.

Yep!  Maybe this thread will kindly die now.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's been tried....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

Wasn’t there a Do Not Resuscitate order in place?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Tattooed on the breastbone. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Someone needs to post it again ....   **nononono*

Offline DiogenesLamp

Twitter Buried #DNCLeak, #PodestaEmails Tweets In Last Two Months Of Campaign

Twitter buried significant portions of tweets related to hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign chair John Podesta in the last two months of the 2016 presidential campaign.

Twitter’s systems hid 48 percent of tweets using the #DNCLeak hashtag and 25 percent of tweets using #PodestaEmails, Twitter general counsel Sean Edgett said in his written testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/01/twitter-buried-dncleak-podestaemails-tweets-in-last-two-months-of-campaign/

This is not what the founders had in mind when they wrote in protections for "Freedom of the Press."   They didn't envision a system of one party control of information. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

So NBC is now off the airwaves? That is the only reason I can see that this shitshow thread would still be alive.

What? They are still on the air? Well WTF.

Offline DiogenesLamp

So NBC is now off the airwaves? That is the only reason I can see that this shitshow thread would still be alive.

What? They are still on the air? Well WTF.

The thread is useful as a repository of examples in which the intent of "free press"  has been turned on it's head by modern monopolistic control of systems for which it is not practical to create competition.   

Every time I see an example of monopolistic abuse of the system for reasons of propaganda,  I intend to post it here. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

The thread is useful as a repository of examples in which the intent of "free press"  has been turned on it's head by modern monopolistic control of systems for which it is not practical to create competition.   

Every time I see an example of monopolistic abuse of the system for reasons of propaganda,  I intend to post it here.

So this is going to be "Dem Plant II"? Gotcha.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yup!  This is now the "Diogenes Media Bias/Pie Discussion" thread.  Join in!

I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Twitter Buried #DNCLeak, #PodestaEmails Tweets In Last Two Months Of Campaign

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/01/twitter-buried-dncleak-podestaemails-tweets-in-last-two-months-of-campaign/

This is not what the founders had in mind when they wrote in protections for "Freedom of the Press."   They didn't envision a system of one party control of information.

Twitter is not the news.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:47:26 pm by Sanguine »

Offline corbe

I'll, for one, miss NBC when Trump shuts them down.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I'm not following your jargon here.  What do you mean by "Dem Plant II"?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Twitter is not the news.

One of the topics I have debated for over a decade now is the tendency of people to draw artificial boundaries where none in fact exist.    People want to put stuff into categories,  such as "Chemistry"  or "Physics"  and treat them as if they are separate,  when in fact there is no real boundary between the one thing and another. 

We compartmentalize because it's mental short hand for juggling so many things in our lives.   

You say "Twitter"  is not "News",   and in one sense you are right,  but the scope of this discussion should not be limited to just "news",  because this issue touches on a whole host of related issues,  like "freedom of the press",  which is not specifically about "news"  either.   

Twitter is a massive corporation that has monopoly control on a system of communication that is heavily influential in the United States.     Facebook is another such entity,  and Google is another,  and the "news"  services are others as well.   

The common denominator is that they are big,  powerful,  liberal,  and they control the flow of information to censor conservative speech and opinions as well as news stories they see as damaging to liberals. 

There is really no conservative "competition"  for any of these behemoths,  and the nature of monopoly is such that they can effectively prevent any from  ever arising.   

I regard this situation as a dire threat to the nation and our future,  and I believe this existing system needs to be broken in such a way that it can't freeze out dissenting opinions. 

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:30:58 pm by DiogenesLamp »
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm not following your jargon here.  What do you mean by "Dem Plant II"?

Good God. The Dem Plant thread is legendary. You'll need to find one of the elders here to tell you the story one of these days.

Offline RoosGirl

One of the topics I have debated for over a decade now is the tendency of people to draw artificial boundaries where none in fact exist.    People want to put stuff into categories,  such as "Chemistry"  or "Physics"  and treat them as if they are separate,  when in fact there is no real boundary between the one thing and another. 

We compartmentalize because it's mental short hand for juggling so many things in our lives.   

You say "Twitter"  is not "News",   and in one sense you are right,  but the scope of this discussion should not be limited to just "news",  because this issue touches on a whole host of related issues,  like "freedom of the press",  which is not specifically about "news"  either.   

Twitter is a massive corporation that has monopoly control on a system of communication that is heavily influential in the United States.     Facebook is another such entity,  and Google is another,  and the "news"  services are others as well.   

The common denominator is that they are big,  powerful,  liberal,  and they control the flow of information to censor conservative speech and opinions as well as news stories they see as damaging to liberals. 

There is really no conservative "competition"  for any of these behemoths,  and the nature of monopoly is such that they can effectively prevent any from  ever arising.   

I regard this situation as a dire threat to the nation and our future,  and I believe this existing system needs to be broken in such a way that it can't freeze out dissenting opinions.

Fat Farting Santa!  Then start your own conservative Twitter.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Nets Refuse to Acknowledge Revelation That Dem Primary Was ‘Rigged’ for Clinton

In an essay for Politico on Thursday, former interim Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile dropped a bombshell on the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign. In the piece, which was an excerpt from her upcoming book, Brazile exposed how “the DNC was rigging the system to throw the primary to Hillary” through a shady and ethically questionable financial arrangement. Even though it seemed like a plot in House of Cards, the Big Three Networks (ABC, CBS, and NBC) had a complete blackout of any mention of the news during their evening broadcasts.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2017/11/02/nets-refuse-acknowledge-revelation-dem-primary-was-rigged

Preventing the public from knowing the truth and thereby allowing them to make better voting decisions. 

The media censorship is all about benefiting liberal politicians who keep the Washington money spigot flowing. 

— Lord Melbourne —