Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81114 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

No conservative should stand for this type of government abuse of power...the punishment of unfriendly media. But they will.

Now see what you do there?   You swap out the complaint of "LYING OUT THEIR A$$"  and substitute "because they are unfriendly".   

Yes,  Lying out your @$$ to push one political party's agenda is indeed unfriendly,  but worse,  it is destructive to the nation because it misinforms the people regarding serious matters. 

But you keep trying to make this about "because they are unfriendly"  instead of "BECAUSE THEY ARE A DEADLY THREAT TO THE PROPER OPERATION OF OUR DEMOCRACY."   

Remeber Bill Clinton accused the media of not telling the truth and charactor assasinatiom. Would any of these same conservatives haave welcomed Clinton threatened the same?

The media had to be dragged kicking and screaming to cover even the slightest detail of the ongoing scandal that was the Clinton Administration.    Clinton was guilty as H*ll,  and of course he was going to whine about the tiny amount of coverage the media gave to his scandals.   

Had they treated him as they do Republicans,  he would have gone to prison.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It looks like they've coming under a lot of pressure to start reporting the Clinton fiascos, so let's see what the next week brings.  They can't ignore it forever.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The media had to be dragged kicking and screaming to cover even the slightest detail of the ongoing scandal that was the Clinton Administration.    Clinton was guilty as H*ll,  and of course he was going to whine about the tiny amount of coverage the media gave to his scandals.   

Had they treated him as they do Republicans,  he would have gone to prison.

Very true!  And still true to this very minute!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

Just checking in to see if NBC was off the air yet since so many took this stuff seriously. What? They are still on the air?

Swell. I'll check back in another 33 pages. Maybe by then they will have their license pulled.

@Frank Cannon Thank you for confirming that I should not take this POTUS seriously.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon Thank you for confirming that I should not take this POTUS seriously.

If you don't take them seriously they can't let you down.

Offline RoosGirl

If you don't take them seriously they can't let you down.

And in the meantime they're hella fun to make fun of.

Offline Frank Cannon

And in the meantime they're hella fun to make fun of.

What's to make fun of? He seems to be going a far better job so far than W and O combined. I have yet to be raped traveling around the country by something Donny did and I have yet to have my healthcare compromised by something Donny did.

So far so good.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:21:21 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline RoosGirl

What's to make fun of? He seems to be going a far better job so far than W and O combined. I have yet to be raped traveling around the country by something Donny did and I have yet to have my healthcare compromised by something Donny did.

So far so good.

Some of the tweets and off the cuff comments are worth making fun of, but my sense of humor stopped developing in middle school.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

So far so good.
Just remember that when the pump says "up to 10% ETHANOL", 'cause that isn't going to change.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

Their amazingly short memories of the outrage on the right over Obama's misdeeds where the media is concerned is staggering.

I didn't like it when Clinton attacked Talk Radio
I didn't like it when Obama attacked Fox News
I don't like what Trump is doing..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I didn't like it when Clinton attacked Talk Radio
I didn't like it when Obama attacked Fox News
I don't like what Trump is doing..

Same here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It looks like they've coming under a lot of pressure to start reporting the Clinton fiascos, so let's see what the next week brings.  They can't ignore it forever.

I think they can.  They're just that corrupt, bought and paid for.

But on Tucker Carlson last night, Brit Hume said (I think ... I saw it on Facebook) that this was beginning to backfire on the media and that they were losing a lot of credibility now.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

So far so good.

I agree with you, Frank.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Same here.

You may not like what you think Trump is doing, but do you know what Trump is actually doing?

As far as I know, Trump tweeted some sort of a warning or what the media call a 'threat.'

I think the 'Media' is digging its own grave now; maybe we should just hand them a shovel.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You may not like what you think Trump is doing, but do you know what Trump is actually doing?

As far as I know, Trump tweeted some sort of a warning or what the media call a 'threat.'

I think the 'Media' is digging its own grave now; maybe we should just hand them a shovel.

Thought I'd go back 100 or so pages and visit the actual wording of the 'threat.'  Gotta say, it sounds more like a question.

"“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!” Trump tweeted.

Offline aligncare

Thought I'd go back 100 or so pages and visit the actual wording of the 'threat.'  Gotta say, it sounds more like a question.

"“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!” Trump tweeted.

I have a first amendment right to say any old thing (and usually do).

But, the president, that’s a different story, apparently he doesn’t have that same right. They, his establishment critics, tell him when he should or should not speak, what he can or cannot say, what tone he should use, where and about whom he can or cannot speak. But, darn it, that man just won’t listen.

What his critics fail to grasp is he wins because he is who he is. Better that than acting like a coached and handled politician. His ‘style’ got him where he is today, and I see no reason he should change.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have a first amendment right to say any old thing (and usually do).

But, the president, that’s a different story, apparently he doesn’t have that same right. They, his establishment critics, tell him when he should or should not speak, what he can or cannot say, what tone he should use, where and about whom he can or cannot speak. But, darn it, that man just won’t listen.

What his critics fail to grasp is he wins because he is who he is. Better that than acting like a coached and handled politician. His ‘style’ got him where he is today, and I see no reason he should change.

Huh?  What does that have to do with yanking network licenses?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Absolutely nothing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Yeah yeah yeah everything is a-ok no matter how thuggish it is as long as it's "your guy" doing it.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline RoosGirl

Apparently it means that anyone is allowed to issue veiled threats because freedom.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Yeah yeah yeah everything is a-ok no matter how thuggish it is as long as it's "your guy" doing it.

*****rollingeyes*****

One, Trump is not 'my guy' in the sense that you mean or imply it.

I like a lot of things he has done and he is no more thuggish than many in the media.  They are just a little bit smoother about hiding it.

I get it that you are a contrarian but you need to work on not being so predictable.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:38:51 pm by Emjay »

Offline kevindavis007

*****rollingeyes*****

I'm not a fan of the MSM or Talk Radio, however, I don't want the Government yanking them off the air cause they don't like the message. John Adams tried it and he failed.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I'm not a fan of the MSM or Talk Radio, however, I don't want the Government yanking them off the air cause they don't like the message. John Adams tried it and he failed.

Relax.  I knew John Adams and you're no John Adams.

Actually, things are imploding all around us.

Hollywood is imploding the the lies and sex scandals coming out now that affects most of Hollywood.  Those who did it and those who covered it up.

The media is beginning to implode.  The implosion will be total if Hillary goes down and it looks like she's going down.

All that they worked for ... Obama, Hillary ... all proven to be frauds and crooks.

They might go back to being fair.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Relax.  I knew John Adams and you're no John Adams.

Actually, things are imploding all around us.

Hollywood is imploding the the lies and sex scandals coming out now that affects most of Hollywood.  Those who did it and those who covered it up.

The media is beginning to implode.  The implosion will be total if Hillary goes down and it looks like she's going down.

All that they worked for ... Obama, Hillary ... all proven to be frauds and crooks.

They might go back to being fair.

It'll never work.  Nobody will believe them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It'll never work.  Nobody will believe them.

How can I believe you when you tell me that you love me when I know you've been a liar all your life.