Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81120 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Where there is urgency, there is fear. Some of that is good, but I think there is a definite media fostered misperception that they are by far and away the dominant belief system, just as there is a misperception that GLBTs make up nearly a fourth (25%) of the population (a sitcom and drama show cast character percentage, not the 1.8% (if that) in the real world , nor the up to 10% in high concentration areas like DC.)

Beware the distortion power of the media.

We have seen this before in the last century, with the very name of the Bolsheviks ("Majority Party") reinforcing the misperception that they were the majority. They were not then, but achieved victory through deception and conspicuous violence, like the media, Antifa, and BLM are using now, a century later. Their game plan hasn't changed, just the tools.

We need to reawaken the "Silent Majority" we know it is out there (or the election would have gone differently). Time to quit pissing down potential allies' legs for being "too conservative" and glory in that, push it, then when the inevitable compromise is crafted, hold out for as much as you can get instead of folding like a tin shed in a tornado.

Have faith that an awful lot of Americans are fed up with the Heinz  approach to gender (are they up to 57 flavors yet?), that America is tired of being stuck with unrealistic mandates by people who are exempt from the laws they impose, that America is tired of paying to import people or allow the importation of/invasion by people who have not entered our nation legally, or who may be outright enemies of our way of life.

Essentially, the same issues both Trump and Cruz ran on are issues for that incredible majority of Americans who actually live out the laws and regulations that Congress and the agencies enact, and suffer the consequences of compliance or failure to do so.
America wants a real common sense life, with rules that make sense, not through the mental gymnastics of some kind of pretzel logic, but are basic enough that just living an honest and moral life won't end up breaking laws willy-nilly. And much of America wants their dignity back, to have a decent job, to make a reasonable living and be able to provide for their families, not in some grand style, but adequately.

Now, maybe I'm guilty of projecting, but I don't think so.

The entire demographic commonly decried for being dependent on government largess are only an eighth of the population, and not even that because only some of those are dependent, but those who are have had plenty of time to devote to lobbying and protesting, are well coached, and ever have access to the microphone of a liberal media who use them like a blunt instrument to attack the rest of America. When we recognize that the media, the liberal dominated universities and schools, the community activists advocating for a lifestyle found in only a few square miles of a very large country, are all special interests, well overlapped with other subsets of that genre, we will be able to put the media and their messages in perspective, and help the rest of America to do so as well.

Good post !!
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The percent or amount increase.

Oh,  so we do wish to quibble about it?   Okay,  you can have your measly 100% out of 1000%,   but the point remains,  it was a deliberate lie,  and it does in no way compare to to Trump saying "increase." 

Your original point remains invalid.   

And I told you it would be silly.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

Oh,  so we do wish to quibble about it?   Okay,  you can have your measly 100% out of 1000%,   but the point remains,  it was a deliberate lie,  and it does in no way compare to to Trump saying "increase." 

Your original point remains invalid.   

And I told you it would be silly.

I think the point is, you don't know what the real number is, so you willing to quibble about it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I think the point is, you don't know what the real number is, so you willing to quibble about it doesn't make a lot of sense.

It's 900%,  and you have spent more time quibbling about it than addressing the real point here.   NBC deliberately lied about what Trump said.   

But I suppose we must grasp whatever straws we can find,  mustn't we? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's 900%,  and you have spent more time quibbling about it than addressing the real point here.   NBC deliberately lied about what Trump said.   

But I suppose we must grasp whatever straws we can find,  mustn't we?

A 900% increase is a 10X increase. 

Sorry, I felt a need to quibble.  People who know Math tend to do that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

A 900% increase is a 10X increase. 

Sorry, I felt a need to quibble.  People who know Math tend to do that.

LOL  Holy crap.  Why was that so difficult?  Sure makes it appear that Trump was the one lying and not NBC.  And here we have 20-odd pages of people defending him in a lie.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOL  Holy crap.  Why was that so difficult?  Sure makes it appear that Trump was the one lying and not NBC.  And here we have 20-odd pages of people defending him in a lie.

It's nice having a fellow Engineer here....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

The main point of this sub topic is how you deliberately tried to abet the Lie that NBC told by claiming "an increase"  is fundamentally no different than "ten fold."   

No sane person would ever suggest that when someone was talking about an increase in very expensive nuclear weapons that they meant 10x the existing stock pile.   

It boggles the mind how you can have so much hatred for the man that you would try to rehabilitate the lie told by NBC,   and then do such a horrible job of it.   

You talk about "hand waving"?    My unthinking error was far less than your deliberate one,  and yet you won't even own up to yours.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

The main point of this sub topic is how you deliberately tried to abet the Lie that NBC told by claiming "an increase"  is fundamentally no different than "ten fold."   

No sane person would ever suggest that when someone was talking about an increase in very expensive nuclear weapons that they meant 10x the existing stock pile.   

It boggles the mind how you can have so much hatred for the man that you would try to rehabilitate the lie told by NBC,   and then do such a horrible job of it.   

You talk about "hand waving"?    My unthinking error was far less than your deliberate one,  and yet you won't even own up to yours.

Are you really arguing that a 9x increase is substantially different than a 10x increase in the context of increasing our nuclear stockpile?

Offline DiogenesLamp

Are you really arguing that a 9x increase is substantially different than a 10x increase in the context of increasing our nuclear stockpile?

I have not made a shadow of a suggestion in that direction.    I have pointed out repeatedly that in referring to nuclear weapons,  no rational person is going to think that when someone says "increase"   they mean 10x.   

I do not even grasp how you could get my point so wrong as you imply with your question.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

I have not made a shadow of a suggestion in that direction.    I have pointed out repeatedly that in referring to nuclear weapons,  no rational person is going to think that when someone says "increase"   they mean 10x.   

I do not even grasp how you could get my point so wrong as you imply with your question.   

Okay, let's lay out the facts one more time.

NBC runs an article with the title saying that Trump wants to increase nukes 10 fold.

Within the article it goes on to be a little more specific and says it's something along the lines of 9.5x.

Trump says it is a complete lie.

Trump previously gave an AP interview where he said he wanted to increase nukes so that we were basically top dog.  He did not specify a percent.

When I asked you what the real percentage was you told us it was 900%, or 9x.

Is this all correct so far?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:46:21 pm by RoosGirl »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

NBC runs an article with the title saying that Trump wants to increase nukes 10 fold.

Within the article it goes on to be a little more specific and says it's something along the lines of 9.5x.

Trump previously gave an AP interview where he said he wanted to increase nukes so that we were basically top dog.  He did not specify a percent.

That's a 9x increase.  When added to the existent stock, the resultant is 10x.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

That's a 9x increase.  When added to the existent stock, the resultant is 10x.

What am I missing here?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What am I missing here?

Not a thing.   I thought the conversation was starting to drag a little, and I think Frank's busy somewhere....
I will NOT comply.

Offline DiogenesLamp

That is the obvious conclusion that can be supported by what we so far know as the facts. 

When one does not specify a percentage of increase for nuclear weapons,  rational people do not jump to the conclusion that it is 10x what we have now.   

Someone knowledgeable about the subject might be able to stretch his words to mean perhaps a 20% increase,   but more realistically I think most people would assume it was less than that.   

Depends on what you mean by "real percentage".    The NBC article said 10x,  and so that would be a 900% increase,  which is likely impossible,  and beyond rationality that anyone would suggest such a thing.   Probably no one at NBC had a clue about nuclear weapons and didn't realize that such a suggestion is insane. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Personally I could care less what the REAL number is but whatever it is it should be sufficient to make the USA unassailable IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Personally I could care less what the REAL number is but whatever it is it should be sufficient to make the USA unassailable IMHO!

Indeed, that's the WHOLE POINT of having a deterrence in the first place.  The lefties among us hate that about it, and do everything they can to make sure we're defenseless, which explains the whole anti-SDI mindset.  Only to these fools does it make sense that having an ability to defend against an incoming attack is "provocative."  They've been successful when it comes to the stockpile of Nukes.  We've done nothing to improve or preserve them in the past several decades, and you can bet the Russians and Chinese haven't been standing by holding their own coats. 

Now we are apparently at the mercy of a pipsqeak in NK.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

The point isn't really what the real number is.  The point is Trump said in an interview that he wanted to increase our nuclear arsenal to be somewhere above what our enemies had.  He did not specify whether that meant the one enemy with the most or all enemies combined.  Here comes an NBC article that says Trump said he wants to increase the nuclear arsenal ten fold.  Trump says this is a *complete* lie.  But it's not a *complete* lie, is it?  Trump himself said in an interview he wanted to increase them.  A complete lie would be if he said he wanted to decrease them 50%, and NBC said he said he wanted to increase them 10 fold.

*If* the case was, like I said above, that he meant he wanted to increase our arsenal so that we had more than all enemies combined it very well could mean a 10 fold increase.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The point isn't really what the real number is.  The point is Trump said in an interview that he wanted to increase our nuclear arsenal to be somewhere above what our enemies had.  He did not specify whether that meant the one enemy with the most or all enemies combined.  Here comes an NBC article that says Trump said he wants to increase the nuclear arsenal ten fold.  Trump says this is a *complete* lie.  But it's not a *complete* lie, is it?  Trump himself said in an interview he wanted to increase them.  A complete lie would be if he said he wanted to decrease them 50%, and NBC said he said he wanted to increase them 10 fold.

*If* the case was, like I said above, that he meant he wanted to increase our arsenal so that we had more than all enemies combined it very well could mean a 10 fold increase.

More than the largest enemy, or more than all combined?  I highly doubt the President gave it that much thought when he said it.   :shrug:

I think it's pointless.  I don't care if we have more, I care if we have better.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

More than the largest enemy, or more than all combined?  I highly doubt the President gave it that much thought when he said it.   :shrug:

I think it's pointless.  I don't care if we have more, I care if we have better.

Agreed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Agreed.

After years of having liberals dictating the state of our weapons, I doubt we have either.  I remember too well the image of dozens of B52s lying carved up in the desert behind Davis-Monthan Air Force Base that one time I wandered back there.
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

If the 'intelligence' affiliated with those moving lights.responsible for shutting down all NORAD nukes in England and Colorado...it won't make any difference how many you've got.

...until you figure out how to make them immune to EMP attack, etc..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DiogenesLamp

The point isn't really what the real number is.  The point is Trump said in an interview that he wanted to increase our nuclear arsenal to be somewhere above what our enemies had.  He did not specify whether that meant the one enemy with the most or all enemies combined.  Here comes an NBC article that says Trump said he wants to increase the nuclear arsenal ten fold.  Trump says this is a *complete* lie.  But it's not a *complete* lie, is it? 

Yes,  it's a complete lie.   It is intended to create a deliberate misunderstanding of Trump's position.  He never said anything remotely like that.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Nowadays,  "better"  is a meaningless term.    On all the particulars,  our enemies nukes are good enough to do the job.    Maybe there would be some reliability issues,   but I wouldn't bet on it.  Besides they have enough overkill that it doesn't matter if some of them fail. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

If the 'intelligence' affiliated with those moving lights.responsible for shutting down all NORAD nukes in England and Colorado...it won't make any difference how many you've got.

...until you figure out how to make them immune to EMP attack, etc..

I think "EMP"  has been exaggerated till it's nearly as big of a threat to our lives as Y2K.   

— Lord Melbourne —