Author Topic: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report  (Read 81120 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Well I think that is a significant difference.  In fact,  an order of magnitude difference.  "10 times"  sounds like an insane lunatic.   "Increased"  sounds reasonable.   

NBC's effort was to portray him as a lunatic,  and they badly distorted the truth to create that appearance.   

Why would you want to go along with this portrayal of him?  Do you hate him that much that you would cast aside objectivity?

From the Reuters article:

"In his first comments about the U.S. nuclear arsenal since taking office on Jan. 20, Trump was asked about a December tweet in which he said the United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capacity “until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes.” "

So, "greatly expand" to be the "top of the pack".  Does that mean "ten fold"?  Not knowing what the combined total of all nuclear weapons that our enemies have, greatly expand to be top of the pack could mean ten fold.  I doubt he said "ten fold", the NBC article makes it seem as though what he said it should be increased to just ended up being almost ten fold.

So then Trump tweets that the story is pure fiction.  Well, it's not pure fiction.  It is at least partial truth, he *does* want an increase in nukes.  I don't see a point in haggling over the actual percentage. 

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

So you we are going to split hairs on the definition are we?   Does Oligarchy sound better to you?  I don't really care what you call it,  it is an enemy force, and it needs to be stopped. 

"Monopoly" is simple,  easy to understand,  and gets the point across. 

Billions of dollars is a pretty big "nothing".  Just stop it.  It is irrational to believe some investment "angel"  is going to come up with 100 billion dollars to build a competing infrastructure. 

Just stop it. 

You are making my case for me.  Youtube has become heavily censored and conservative videos have been demonitized and even removed. 

We are going to slay the Goliaths of ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and FOX with a web page?  That's just asinine. 

And too pointless to be mentioned.  Even the regular print newspapers are dying,  and they don't reach anything like George Stephanopolis. 

Sure,  just loan me 100 billion and we'll fix this problem.   That's obviously no barrier to entry,  is it?

I remember the days before there was a CNN.  Pretty sure it didn't take 100 billion to get started.  Actually, I remember a time before most networks existed.  CNN managed to join the big boys, others didn't, but they had a chance, which disqualifies 'significant barriers to entry'.

If you'd knock off the hyperbole, people might take you seriously.  But I'm not waiting around to see.  Goodbye and good luck.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I remember the days before there was a CNN.  Pretty sure it didn't take 100 billion to get started.  Actually, I remember a time before most networks existed.  CNN managed to join the big boys, others didn't, but they had a chance, which disqualifies 'significant barriers to entry'.

If you'd knock off the hyperbole, people might take you seriously.  But I'm not waiting around to see.  Goodbye and good luck.

Let me just cut right to the chase and say that the communist dream of controlling the media in this country has obviously been realized.  So what would YOU propose we do about it?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:25:49 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

I don’t think it’s hyperbole. A sense of urgency, yes. Others feel it too.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:03:50 am by aligncare »

Offline DiogenesLamp

Apple removes popular pro-life prayer app after liberals complain

“Human Coalition’s prayer app is a platform where pro-life advocates can gather together in prayer for abortion-determined women and their children and families,” HC’s public relations director Lauren Enriquez told LifeSiteNews. “Our supporters have found the app helpful in their mission to extend all forms of support, including prayer support, to the women and children we serve and rescue.”

The app, launched in 2014 for both Apple and Android phones, sends anonymous, real-time information about women who call crisis pregnancy centers considering abortion so that pro-lifers can pray for them.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/apple-removes-approved-pro-life-app-over-pro-abort-criticism
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Let me just cut right to the chase and say that the communist dream of controlling the media in this country has obviously been realized.  So what would YOU propose we do about it?

I wouldn't tell others what they should do, but what I try to do is find items where the media has been biased and/or downright dishonest which are easily demonstrably false, and then try to make others curious enough to investigate the facts for themselves, hopefully leading to a diminished trust in the media.  I try to discuss the bias in media not from any political perspective, but just point out that we can't trust them (often taking the perspective of "they say whatever it takes to sell papers").  It's not much, I'm not going to make a bit of difference, but it's what I can do.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline DB

If the main stream media was as all powerful as a number of people here seem to think, Trump wouldn't be President. The MSM has been busy destroying its own credibility for some time now, pretty successfully I'd say.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dream back, harder.
And, FFS, learn how to horse-trade.
Seriously. We've been mollified by the "be reasonable" and "pragmatic" and "be content with less than what you want" crowd, while they (the dems) have dreamed of taking it all. So, who made progress by taking their 80% and "our" 20%, too?
When they got a little of what they wanted they didn't sit back like they had accomplished something, they redoubled their efforts. They used their most extreme positions to establish the beginning bargaining point, and settled for something that was a "compromise"---Not by asking $3,000 for that old beater, but by starting at $10,000 and letting you talk them down to something "more reasonable", like $5,000.
Fools are running around thinking they got a deal while the Dems are laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't consider the consistent GOP policy to throw Constitutional Conservatives under the bus before starting negotiations and starting out with an asking price below what they wanted in the first place, and then calling a fraction of that a 'good deal'. It isn't. It's some of the stupidest horse-trading I have ever seen.

Take a lesson from the dems, they may be selling misery and crap, but they  know how to get what they want.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I don’t think it’s hyperbole. A sense of urgency, yes. Others feel it too.
Where there is urgency, there is fear. Some of that is good, but I think there is a definite media fostered misperception that they are by far and away the dominant belief system, just as there is a misperception that GLBTs make up nearly a fourth (25%) of the population (a sitcom and drama show cast character percentage, not the 1.8% (if that) in the real world , nor the up to 10% in high concentration areas like DC.)

Beware the distortion power of the media.

We have seen this before in the last century, with the very name of the Bolsheviks ("Majority Party") reinforcing the misperception that they were the majority. They were not then, but achieved victory through deception and conspicuous violence, like the media, Antifa, and BLM are using now, a century later. Their game plan hasn't changed, just the tools.

We need to reawaken the "Silent Majority" we know it is out there (or the election would have gone differently). Time to quit pissing down potential allies' legs for being "too conservative" and glory in that, push it, then when the inevitable compromise is crafted, hold out for as much as you can get instead of folding like a tin shed in a tornado.

Have faith that an awful lot of Americans are fed up with the Heinz  approach to gender (are they up to 57 flavors yet?), that America is tired of being stuck with unrealistic mandates by people who are exempt from the laws they impose, that America is tired of paying to import people or allow the importation of/invasion by people who have not entered our nation legally, or who may be outright enemies of our way of life.

Essentially, the same issues both Trump and Cruz ran on are issues for that incredible majority of Americans who actually live out the laws and regulations that Congress and the agencies enact, and suffer the consequences of compliance or failure to do so.
America wants a real common sense life, with rules that make sense, not through the mental gymnastics of some kind of pretzel logic, but are basic enough that just living an honest and moral life won't end up breaking laws willy-nilly. And much of America wants their dignity back, to have a decent job, to make a reasonable living and be able to provide for their families, not in some grand style, but adequately.

Now, maybe I'm guilty of projecting, but I don't think so.

The entire demographic commonly decried for being dependent on government largess are only an eighth of the population, and not even that because only some of those are dependent, but those who are have had plenty of time to devote to lobbying and protesting, are well coached, and ever have access to the microphone of a liberal media who use them like a blunt instrument to attack the rest of America. When we recognize that the media, the liberal dominated universities and schools, the community activists advocating for a lifestyle found in only a few square miles of a very large country, are all special interests, well overlapped with other subsets of that genre, we will be able to put the media and their messages in perspective, and help the rest of America to do so as well.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:24:52 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If the main stream media was as all powerful as a number of people here seem to think, Trump wouldn't be President. The MSM has been busy destroying its own credibility for some time now, pretty successfully I'd say.

This is true and it is incumbent on us to render them all possible aid!  As the president currently seems to be doing IMHO!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Where there is urgency, there is fear. Some of that is good, but I think there is a definite media fostered misperception that they are by far and away the dominant belief system, just as there is a misperception that GLBTs make up nearly a fourth (25%) of the population (a sitcom and drama show cast character percentage, not the 1.8% (if that) in the real world , nor the up to 10% in high concentration areas like DC.)

Beware the distortion power of the media.

We have seen this before in the last century, with the very name of the Bolsheviks ("Majority Party") reinforcing the misperception that they were the majority. They were not then, but achieved victory through deception and conspicuous violence, like the media, Antifa, and BLM are using now, a century later. Their game plan hasn't changed, just the tools.

We need to reawaken the "Silent Majority" we know it is out there (or the election would have gone differently). Time to quit pissing down potential allies' legs for being "too conservative" and glory in that, push it, then when the inevitable compromise is crafted, hold out for as much as you can get instead of folding like a tin shed in a tornado.

Have faith that an awful lot of Americans are fed up with the Heinz  approach to gender (are they up to 57 flavors yet?), that America is tired of being stuck with unrealistic mandates by people who are exempt from the laws they impose, that America is tired of paying to import people or allow the importation of/invasion by people who have not entered our nation legally, or who may be outright enemies of our way of life.

Essentially, the same issues both Trump and Cruz ran on are issues for that incredible majority of Americans who actually live out the laws and regulations that Congress and the agencies enact, and suffer the consequences of compliance or failure to do so.
America wants a real common sense life, with rules that make sense, not through the mental gymnastics of some kind of pretzel logic, but are basic enough that just living an honest and moral life won't end up breaking laws willy-nilly. And much of America wants their dignity back, to have a decent job, to make a reasonable living and be able to provide for their families, not in some grand style, but adequately.

Now, maybe I'm guilty of projecting, but I don't think so.

The entire demographic commonly decried for being dependent on government largess are only an eighth of the population, and not even that because only some of those are dependent, but those who are have had plenty of time to devote to lobbying and protesting, are well coached, and ever have access to the microphone of a liberal media who use them like a blunt instrument to attack the rest of America. When we recognize that the media, the liberal dominated universities and schools, the community activists advocating for a lifestyle found in only a few square miles of a very large country, are all special interests, well overlapped with other subsets of that genre, we will be able to put the media and their messages in perspective, and help the rest of America to do so as well.

GREAT Post @Smokin Joe

What is most DESPARATELY needed right now is congressional leadership that will actually work toward providing those things you mention instead of spending EVERY Waking HOUR defending their damned swamp!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

GREAT Post @Smokin Joe

What is most DESPARATELY needed right now is congressional leadership that will actually work toward providing those things you mention instead of spending EVERY Waking HOUR defending their damned swamp!
They have been convinced by the media in close quarters (and the 'staffer filter' can enhance this) that most of America is fine with what they do or don't do. Either that or they are profiting nicely from the status quo (literally).  So, of course they will defend their swamp. It's 'safe' there among the pond scum.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The one place to hurt the big networks is in the wallet. And until the networks start feeling it there they won't change.

It's going to take major sponsors pulling their ads in protest to wake the boardrooms and news rooms of places like NBC and CNN up and force any real change.

Until that happens they'll keep operating the way they are now.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:13:16 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Exactly.

Even Jimmy Carter has noticed the bias of the media.

I do think they have a little power left because they succeed in painting a distorted view of reality that kinda becomes reality in the minds of some.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Hollywood has a watchdog press, but it’s facing the wrong direction

protecting the powerful from the comparatively powerless. Perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised that the New York Times and The New Yorker reported most of the allegations against Weinstein; the specialty publications have a much more symbiotic relationship with the industry’s movers and shakers. They can’t adequately cover the industry without access, and their access dries up if they cross the wrong power player.”

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/279025/#respond
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Even Jimmy Carter has noticed the bias of the media.

I do think they have a little power left because they succeed in painting a distorted view of reality that kinda becomes reality in the minds of some.

Jimmy Carter is doing a lap dog routine in hopes of being sent to broker some 'deal' with North Korea.

Trouble is, Kim Jung-Ung liable to use him as a human shield.  It would certainly handcuff most Presidents.  ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DiogenesLamp

From the Reuters article:

So, "greatly expand" to be the "top of the pack".  Does that mean "ten fold"? 

No.   It doesn't mean anything like "ten fold".   "Ten Fold" is a deliberate provocative lie to make Trump sound crazy. 

So then Trump tweets that the story is pure fiction.  Well, it's not pure fiction.  It is at least partial truth, he *does* want an increase in nukes.  I don't see a point in haggling over the actual percentage.

Raising something "ten fold"  is a one thousand percent increase.   I can see why you don't want to quibble about the difference between a few percent and a thousand percent. 

That would be silly,  wouldn't it?   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

No.   It doesn't mean anything like "ten fold".   "Ten Fold" is a deliberate provocative lie to make Trump sound crazy. 

Raising something "ten fold"  is a one thousand percent increase.   I can see why you don't want to quibble about the difference between a few percent and a thousand percent. 

That would be silly,  wouldn't it?

I'm an engineer.  I love numbers.  What's the real number?

Offline DiogenesLamp

I remember the days before there was a CNN.  Pretty sure it didn't take 100 billion to get started. 

Apparently back in 1980,  a few million would suffice to get your foot in the door if you were a liberal.   

Apparently back in 2013,  you couldn't buy a Satellite channel for $500 million.   If you were a conservative.

Actually, I remember a time before most networks existed.  CNN managed to join the big boys, others didn't, but they had a chance, which disqualifies 'significant barriers to entry'.

Whatever would allow you back then to get into the system on the cheap,  doesn't exist anymore.    It is now virtually impossible to break into that club.   

What does it profit me to be taken seriously if the answer is still going to be "let's do nothing about the problem!"  ? 

The problem speaks for itself,  if you have but the insight to see it clearly.   You don't need me to act seriously in order for you to take it seriously.   You should take some responsibility for yourself when it comes to grasping the problem we face. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I wouldn't tell others what they should do, but what I try to do is find items where the media has been biased and/or downright dishonest which are easily demonstrably false, and then try to make others curious enough to investigate the facts for themselves, hopefully leading to a diminished trust in the media.  I try to discuss the bias in media not from any political perspective, but just point out that we can't trust them (often taking the perspective of "they say whatever it takes to sell papers").  It's not much, I'm not going to make a bit of difference, but it's what I can do.

You mean you preach to the choir.   We don't need to reach those people,   the people we need to reach are the ones who aren't aware the media is biased.   

You know,  the people who watch them. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

If they were as weak as you seem to think,  Bill Clinton and Barack Obama wouldn't have been President.   

Trump won in spite of them,  and it was still a very near thing.   

We should not have to live our lives with the Liberal Media thumb on the scales of every election.   

We should not tolerate it. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Trouble is, Kim Jung-Ung liable to use him as a human shield.  It would certainly handcuff most Presidents.  ^-^

That would just encourage me to nuke them.   I'm way past wishing that dumbass was out of our misery. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I'm an engineer.  I love numbers.  What's the real number?

To which number do you refer?   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

To which number do you refer?

The percent or amount increase.