Author Topic: Republicans to Trump and Corker: Please just stop  (Read 2573 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans to Trump and Corker: Please just stop
« on: October 10, 2017, 10:35:08 pm »

Republicans to Trump and Corker: Please just stop

'We’ve got so many other things that we need to be focusing on right now,' one GOP senator says of the growing nastiness.

By BURGESS EVERETT

10/10/2017 01:36 PM EDT

Senate Republicans are imploring President Donald Trump and Sen. Bob Corker to end their increasingly ugly feud, fretting that it's threatening to further hobble the party's flagging agenda.

But the tit-for-tat has shown no sign of abating.

On Tuesday, Trump took to Twitter to lambaste "Liddle Bob Corker," after the Tennessee Republican said he worried that Trump’s belligerent foreign policy rhetoric could ignite "World War III." Former Trump strategist Steve Bannon called on Corker to resign, while House Budget Chairman Diane Black (R-Tenn.) took Trump’s side over her home state colleague.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/10/trump-bob-corker-feud-republicans-response-243635
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Republicans to Trump and Corker: Please just stop
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 10:36:57 pm »
Screw that. I want this to keep up till the whole damn thing explodes. If there is one thing the last year has shown us, the GOP is unsalvageable in it's current state.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:43:01 pm »
Screw that. I want this to keep up till the whole damn thing explodes. If there is one thing the last year has shown us, the GOP is unsalvageable in it's current state.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 10:46:50 pm »
      'Liddle' Marco Rubio is unavailable for comment.

Just noticed Trump has tiny feet, also.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 10:49:15 pm »

Concur.  It's way past time we chopped off some heads on our side to teach them not to F*** with us. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 10:51:23 pm »
Concur.  It's way past time we chopped off some heads on our side to teach them not to F*** with us.

Not possible.  It's too hard to distinguish "our side" anymore.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 11:29:13 pm »

Au contraire. It's real easy to distinguish "our side". It consists of me and me alone. All others are suspect.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 11:37:10 pm »
   Come on Bob, liven it up, tweet this.

Senator Bob Corker  ‏@SenBobCorker · Oct 11 

My hands are bigger and my hair and tan are real.  By the way when are you gonna release those Tax Returns?

 Reply  32K     Retweet  146K  Like  409K
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 11:59:45 pm »
Au contraire. It's real easy to distinguish "our side". It consists of me and me alone. All others are suspect.

I see we need to have a vocabularly lesson on what "our" means.  I guess you were an only child like me.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 12:07:51 am »

Our side is the people you people voted for.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 12:16:06 am »
Our side is the people you people voted for.

Again a tough one @bigheadfred !  I just told @Frank Cannon on another thread that he could count on my vote.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 12:20:50 am »
   Come on Bob, liven it up, tweet this.

Speaking of hands, I noticed in an article someone linked last night that there was a picture of Israeli PM and Trump shaking hands.  PM has the first two fingers of his right hand slightly extended across Trump's inner wrist instead of wrapped around Trump's hand.  If you make a habit of shaking hands like that it prevents the other person from attempting to hurt you from squeezing your hand too tightly.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 12:27:42 am »
What complete idiots.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 12:30:59 am »
It’ll be interesting to see what type of legislative successes the President will have after continuing to attack members of the party he’s supposed to be leading. Not much legislative success I imagine. He’ll then try and play the victim card no doubt. It’s tough to me to see the Presidency reduced to this. 3 more years will be tough on the country and even tougher on the President I expect.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:32:06 am by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 12:34:06 am »
It’ll be interesting to see what type of legislative successes the President will have after continuing to attack members of the party he’s supposed to be leading. Not much legislative success I imagine. He’ll then try and play the victim card no doubt. It’s tough to me to see the Presidency reduced to this. 3 more years will be tough on the country and even tougher on the President I expect.

It's about time someone attacked these alleged republicans and the president doing it makes it that much more delightful!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 12:46:40 am »
Are we tired of winning yet?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 12:49:35 am »

If you look at the track record of  Congress, "success"  is short for "sucks to excess".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 12:54:21 am »
If you look at the track record of  Congress, "success"  is short for "sucks to excess".

:amen: Fred!  Well said!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 01:00:39 am »
It's about time someone attacked these alleged republicans and the president doing it makes it that much more delightful!

And yet Trump and his supporters will celebrate his attacks on Republicans now only to inevitably whine about his lack legislative achievements later.  Sad. I certainly don’t expect Trump or his supporters to tire of winning anytime soon.  :tongue2:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 01:10:58 am »
Seems everyone’s an expert. They all want Donald Trump to stop doing what he’s been doing that successfully got him to the dance.

Where everyone else bows and curtsies and does the minuet, Trump does the Sabre Dance—and rather smartly, I might add.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:15:16 am by aligncare »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 01:13:26 am »
Everyone’s an expert. Seems they all want Donald Trump to stop doing what he’s been doing that got him to the dance. Where everyone else bows and curtsies and does the minuet, Trump does the Sabre Dance—and rather smartly, I might add.

Hopefully, it wakes up the people who vote in the people who are so against the people who vote them in.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 01:21:16 am »
And yet Trump and his supporters will celebrate his attacks on Republicans now only to inevitably whine about his lack legislative achievements later.  Sad. I certainly don’t expect Trump or his supporters to tire of winning anytime soon.  :tongue2:

Who needs Trump in order to complain about lack of legislative accomplished?   He has absolutely zero control over what happens in that branch of government.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:34:44 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 01:45:41 am »
What complete idiots.

There are no diapers good enough to soak up this mess.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 01:49:33 am »
Who needs Trump in order to complain about lack of legislative accomplished?   He has absolutely zero control over what happens in that branch of government.

With his leadership skills, you are absolutely correct.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 01:51:50 am »
With his leadership skills, you are absolutely correct.

I'm absolutely correct regardless of who the president happens to be.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:52:07 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien