Author Topic: Republicans to Trump and Corker: Please just stop  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Republicans to Trump and Corker: Please just stop
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2017, 03:24:05 am »
   I'd bet you have this Album, @Frank Cannon and listen to it quite often

I do have that album and pull it out when my dinner parties hit high gear, but my favorite is my "Mel Tillis Reads the Speeches of Hubert Humphrey".

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2017, 03:24:25 am »
   I'd bet you have this Album, @Frank Cannon and listen to it quite often

That is one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2017, 03:41:30 am »
Many Presidents have gotten legislation through Congress based largely on the strength of their ability to lead, persuade, and/or negotiate. They can’t control it but they sure as can influence it:  Bigly!

As much as I detest Obama, look what he was able to accomplish legislatively:  ObamaCare, a costly stimulus package, signed Dodd-Frank, bailed out the auto industry, won ratification of a new START Treaty, and expanded the CHIP program for kids.  He personally pushed for many of these legislative achievements and was personally involved in outlining, negotiating, and/or selling them.

Of course, I don’t expect Trump to do any of that for the equivalent legislation he wants.  He’s too busy fighting with the party he’s supposed to be leading and name-calling.

As I have pointed out on other occasions,  a turd moves easily through a sewer.  Had Obama tried to do the opposite of what he did,  he would have had absolutely no success whatsoever. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2017, 03:50:18 am »
Just looked into it. The Karl Malden album cover is a fake. He never did it. :#@$%:

Online corbe

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2017, 04:01:13 am »
   OOPS. it's getting to where you can't believe a damn thing on the Internet anymore.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2017, 04:17:36 am »
   OOPS. it's getting to where you can't believe a damn thing on the Internet anymore.

Tell me about it. I just read somewhere today that a handsome and dashing gentleman like Harvey Weinstien had to rape women. Come now. He must have had to beat women off with a stick with those hunky looks.